Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah Ezy It's hard to get a read on Waller.

I do love All In betting though.

Have had a bit of success with it, but i only punt All In when i've had a good collect.

My Golden rule is to make sure the horse is nominated for the race.

Ive had a good crack at All-In over the past few years. Like you, I only do it after a big collect.

But I havnt done very well. Mostly get a start, but the odds rarely have a premium.

Pre-post odds have gotten skinnier havnt they?

my only memorable success was Winx in the '15 cox plate at 8's.

I backed Arcadia Queen pre-noms in the CP this year, so I'll get that refunded and stick it on MJ

But Im gonna give pre-post a miss.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ive had a good crack at All-In over the past few years. Like you, I only do it after a big collect.

But I havnt done very well. Mostly get a start, but the odds rarely have a premium.

Pre-post odds have gotten skinnier havnt they?

my only memorable success was Winx in the '15 cox plate at 8's.

I backed Arcadia Queen pre-noms in the CP this year, so I'll get that refunded and stick it on MJ

But Im gonna give pre-post a miss.

Was talking to a mate the other day about the punt, he and his missus love the pokies, i have no interest in them.

I'd rather study a form guide, that's my kink.

I've got Veerry Elleegant and Humidor at $51 in the Cox Plate. VE has never raced at the Valley, but like Humidor, i've got a hunch the tight track might make her settle better than what she does.

Looks like being a pretty good field for the Cox Plate.

MJ
Avilius
Hartnell
Gailo Chop
Humidor
Black Heart Bart
Te Akau Shark
Verry Elleegant
Castelvecchio
Latrobe
Kings Will Dream
Cape of Good
Homesman
Gailo Chop

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Was talking to a mate the other day about the punt, he and his missus love the pokies, i have no interest in them.

I'd rather study a form guide, that's my kink.

I've got Veerry Elleegant and Humidor at $51 in the Cox Plate. VE has never raced at the Valley, but like Humidor, i've got a hunch the tight track might make her settle better than what she does.

Looks like being a pretty good field for the Cox Plate.

I have zero interest in games of luck also Tman. Punting horses and footy is an intellectual battle between me and the bookies.

and ever since ive been keeping ledgers, they clearly demonstrate the bookies are intellectually inferior to me :cool:

Obviously, I think MJ simply wins the CP. wary of the Japanese favourite with a French name and also Te Aku Shark. His Epsom run was nothing short of extraordinary - 3 wide all the way, giving away half a stone, and feel short a lip.

Waller has made the CC simple for me - Finche.

And even though I loathe it, I think I'll back Arcadia Queen in the Everest, because I suspect she is the best racehorse in Australasia.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'm not putting this on here to preach to anyone. But I watched 'The 7.30 Report' extended expose last night on the ABC. Simply appalled and disgusted.

Doubt I will ever punt on horses or the dogs again. But each only has to answer to their own conscience.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm not putting this on here to preach to anyone. But I watched 'The 7.30 Report' extended expose last night on the ABC. Simply appalled and disgusted.

Doubt I will ever punt on horses or the dogs again. But each only has to answer to their own conscience.

Watched it. Im against animal cruelty and hope it is minimised in any industry that is animal based

But i struggled to understand why a
A dog eating 10yo horse meat is unconscionable

Carnivore eats herbivore is not a new concept.

Has the penny only just dropped in Fitzroy that there is a middle stage between lucerne and Pal can?

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Watched it. Im against animal cruelty and hope it is minimised in any industry that is animal based

Has the penny only just dropped in Fitzroy that there is a middle stage between lucerne and Pal can?

As I stated, I'm not interested in providing a moral lecture, but think you are dodging the major ramifications to do with terrible animal cruelty; an industry in denial and driven by greed; and regulatory authorities who are no more than a façade while hiding the ugly truths about the industry from a gullible, naive or apathetic public.
But, as I inferred, each to their own. Suspect intolerance will grow rapidly though.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005

I wonder why these things come out around Melbourne Cup time and never around May, June. Weird.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Tough day today. Heading to the Emerald in Sth Melb for the day (best punting pub leysy has seen) if anyone in area.

Like Constantinople in the Cup and Santa to give them windburn again in a big sprint.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
A few at good each way odds for today, Caul race 4 no 4 Creator - $19 is way overs, happy with Vow and Declare in the Cup, Randwick race 3 no 9 Hit the Target $14 is overs, Classique Legend at odds ($18) in the Everest and Our Century in race 9 ($15).

Hilo Caulfield race 3 is my best of the day but limited odds ($3.5)

Good punting all - and remember the more you put on the more you get back!

T44

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Arcadia Queen is an interesting runner in the Everest today. I love WA racing and saw her smash her rivals over 1600m. So it is interesting that Waller has kept her to the sprint distance. Waller is obviously a great trainer so I’m confident she wins today or at least quinellas with SAL.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Going to forgive Power Scheme's poor run last start, would prefer him drawn a bit wider, each way all day.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Seriously how typically Sydney is the Everest. Let’s just throw a stack of money at a race restricted to anyone who has $600k to buy their way into it. What a load of *smile*. And they want Group 1 status for it:rolleyes: And of course Bwuce McAvaney drumming up his usual hyperbole trying to convince everyone how great this race with a whole 3 years of tradition iso_O

Anyway I’d be spewing if I backed Santa Ana Lane. Certainty beaten.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Wary of the Japanese horse but probably going to back Vow and Declare (provided it draws inside 10). Currently about $11. Was excellent in the Turnbull and will appreciate the extra 400m. Main query is whether it has the miles in the legs or is better off on first Tuesday in November. Each way - after barrier draw!
Did you take the quinella T44, i wish i did.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I thought finche was the best cup trial.

Walker had him 3 wide and managed to lose his position and get 4 wide.

Death around caulfield and he still ran it out.

Dreadful ride.

I will never bet on the everest again in my life.

Bring on the proper races

< Movies | NRL >