Tiger AAs 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger AAs 2020

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
For the squad - Martin, Grimes, Vlas and Bolton with Martin and Grimes making AA.

unlucky Short

There is no way Martin misses this year - the selectors were were made to look ridiculous last year when Martin missed out and then went on to tear up another finals series - just shows how little respect they have for our players.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dusty equal 6th in 2019 Brownlow (would have been equal 3rd if he got the 3 he deserved in R23), but not good enough to edge Crumples Macrae for an AA gig.

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
dusty, Grimes, vlastuin, balta, bolton, short.

cotchy should be captain

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Dusty equal 6th in 2019 Brownlow (would have been equal 3rd if he got the 3 he deserved in R23), but not good enough to edge Crumples Macrae for an AA gig.
Yes because Lachie Neale had 53 mostly ineffective 3m possessions he just had to get the 3 votes :rolleyes:

Dusty completely dominated that game with less than half the possessions.

Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yes because Lachie Neale had 53 mostly ineffective 3m possessions he just had to get the 3 votes :rolleyes:

Dusty completely dominated that game with less than half the possessions.
If Dusty got 53 possessions we would win every game by 300 points.

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Realistically I only see Nick Vlastuin being AA this year although I could make a case for Dusty, Balta and Baker as well with honorable mentions for Bolton and Grimes although in Grimes case the press has managed to smear his reputation so that could harm him

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Couldn't care less, doubt the players would either – especially in this year.

Similar to our disposal count last night, and our coaches votes all year, etc, it's all about the sum of the parts that matters.

Team is flying, no need for individual necessities to achieve a result.

Petracca is around the second favourite for the Brownlow and Melbourne are trash. Individual accolades, who needs 'em.

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
You’ve obviously been ruthless M

you’ve obviously been ruthless MCR in paring that list.
Yeah Naishy is stiff, having only played one (very poor) game . Still more worthy than Tom Stewart

• Haha

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Sometimes you do yourself damage. The effects linger.

And when the AFL gravytrainers overlooked Dustin Martin for the 2019 AA side they might better have run around in circles with half a rubber chicken hanging out of their arses. That would have been funny.

No Dustin Martin? LOL All Australian.

Given the bizarrely aggressive omission last year does it call into question the talent of anybody selected? Further, could it now be that to be selected All Australian is disparaging?

I'm not sure if it's mainstream media or Donald Hocking but there is clearly a half wit element with a big say.

Why don't we just pick the side on supercoach points? Eliminate the middlemen and spend the money on rubber chickens.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Come on, everybody tells us, we have no talented players. We just seem to win with far less talent on our list apparently.

Of course, if you were a fly on the wall watching an opposition coaching panel consider how they match up against our players, I think you might find a somewhat different opinion. How do we deal with Balta, Grimes, Short, Houli, Bolton, KMac, Pickett, Lambert, Rioli, Reiwoldt, Castagna etc . . . not to mention Martin, Lynch, Cotchin and some more etc.

Yeah, our list lacks talent. Only 2 Brownlow medalists, none of them have more than 2 premierships.

Lucky to get one in the AA Team I reckon, no wonder I tend to ignore it.

DS

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The All Australian side is picked on fantasy points.

Here are the AFL fantasy points from our most recent win. Pick the AA side on these-

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 23.35.56.png

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Grimes. Dusty. Jack. Floss. Noah. Bakes. They were far too busy winning a football game to get fantasy points and by extension AA recognition.

You want one with AA recognition? Have a look at Josh Kelly's game tonight. 140 SC points? Only 98 AFL pts to be fair to their system. Three score involvements. Got though a line once but wasted it. Must have been the surprise. Played behind the ball. Relentlessly kicked around the body.

Should be AA captain.

• Love

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The other farce of course with AA is it is selected prior to finals. All we've been told forever (and it's true) is you make your rep in finals. And here they are handing out All Home And Away (AHAA) blazers to serial finals failures like Tom Stewart. He got a kick once that wasn't from an uncontested mark after four 6'4 teammates blocked for him, or from an uncontested mark from a chip around the backline. At least I heard he did. There's no known footage of it.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
And why do these clowns have to meet several times per season? Why, at Round 5, are they discussing who should be in the AHAA team? It can't help but lead to conformation bias in favour of early season form.

It's a junket, and a rort, and a farce. And we're not in on it, ergo it's bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
If I was picking the AA Team I’d probably just ad Harris Andrews and maybe Neale on the bench for midfield rotations , however I think will probably get Martin, Grimes, Vlaustin maybe Balta an Short in the squad , with only Grimes making the team.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Grimes, Vlaustin, Balta, Baker, Short...would all be sensible AA backline selections. I'm sure none will make it...because Richmond.