Tiger AAs 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger AAs 2020

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Too much bad boy talk for any RFC AA... would need the league to do too much explaining.... and they can rarely justify many AA choices as is.... so will be path of least resistance as usual

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Too much bad boy talk for any RFC AA... would need the league to do too much explaining.... and they can rarely justify many AA choices as is.... so will be path of least resistance as usual

Totally agree.
Martin will make it.
Grimes and Big V should be in it.
Bolton. Should make the top 40.
Castagna. Should be captain.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Ridiculous as this may sound. ... I would love us to win the flag with ZERO AA representation this year....

☆ Stamps us once and for all as the truly great team and club we have become.

☆ Lays to rest the notion the manner in which it's 'selected' and the level of incompetence of some selectors.

Bit mean spirited, but I couldn't give a rats tossbag if Dangerfield retires with 15 AA's and 6 Brownlows... and that's all..... he deserves it!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We don't have many infallible candidates. Martin probably gets in as a forward.

Balta unlikely, they don't like to pick young blokes nowadays until they're established. Grimes may be a chance for one of the key posts or even a back pocket, given his ability to defend smalls. Up against Andrews/Moore/May for the tall spots and Haynes for a pocket. Weitering and Jonas outside chances. Surely they won't give Luke Ryan a gig...

Robbo has been pushing Short up but I think Vlastuin has been the more influential player, and just as consistent. For some reason he seems to polarise the media - refer Buckenara's infamous assessment of "C grade" in October. I'd have Daniel locked in as one of the running backs, with our blokes up against the likes of Maynard, Lloyd, Laird and maybe Byrne-Jones and Saad for the other spots.

Reckon Dusty and one other would be par, but we have the good team/prime time advantage that saw Edwards and Houli get in as surprise selections recently.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Martin to get in because he's the best player in the AFL and because the selectors don't want to look like idiots ever again when it comes to Dusty.
Flossy is the one that deserves it most in our squad. Mr Dependable. Just does it week in week out and does it bloody well. Last bad game I saw him play was probably the 1st Q of the 2017 Grand Final, but he made up for that in the other 3 quarters.

Reactions: 5 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Ridiculous as this may sound. ... I would love us to win the flag with ZERO AA representation this year....

☆ Stamps us once and for all as the truly great team and club we have become.

☆ Lays to rest the notion the manner in which it's 'selected' and the level of incompetence of some selectors.

Bit mean spirited, but I couldn't give a rats tossbag if Dangerfield retires with 15 AA's and 6 Brownlows... and that's all..... he deserves it!
Couldn't agree more with this.

I used to get so angry when we'd beat Freo by 104 points and Nat Fyfe would get 3 votes.

Now I love it.

Winning games with no player getting 20 possessions is an incredible achievement. Beating sides while Cotch and Dusty phone it in and the 2nd tier step up is so satisfying, and frightening for every other club.

I forget who they were playing, but very recently Lachie Neale was standing underneath a bouncing ball directly over his head. He needed to jump for it and knew that pressure was coming immediately and he'd get tackled. He grabbed the ball, his only interest being that he could MAYBE get a possession and pad out his disposal numbers. It was so obvious. It's why they will never beat us.

Quiz: what would every single tiges player do in that situation?

We could not be less interested in individual stats, individual awards or individual recognition.

And I reckon it's driven by Dusty. Premierships? goooooood. Brownlows? Only if I have to*
*Not a direct quote

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Martin to get in because he's the best player in the AFL and because the selectors don't want to look like idiots ever again when it comes to Dusty.
Flossy is the one that deserves it most in our squad. Mr Dependable. Just does it week in week out and does it bloody well. Last bad game I saw him play was probably the 1st Q of the 2017 Grand Final, but he made up for that in the other 3 quarters.
Definitely the Big V, although will depend who's on the selection committee. If any of the bozos who slagged him off for staging is on the committee, then he has no hope. That aside, if they take into account a "body of work", then his form in 2019/20 will make him a shoe in. All of that aside, Tom Stewart is the new Corey Enright so he'll get in before Flossy.

Dusty is an interesting one. Clearly the best player in the AFL, but has he had an outstanding H&A season? Probably not. I think the Dustman would be prouder of his 2 Gary Ayers Medals (and counting) for best player in a finals series than AAs. He's gone past AAs, he has a few, that'll do him. Gary Ayers Medals, Norm Smths and premiership medallions are what he's hunting.

• Love

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
It is absolutely criminal that Dusty has only been AA three times. I know he wouldnt care - but its just disappointing for the fans really. As others have said though - there are other more important things he is targeting.

Reactions: 4 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
It is absolutely criminal that Dusty has only been AA three times. I know he wouldnt care - but its just disappointing for the fans really. As others have said though - there are other more important things he is targeting.
That’s ok. He can level up 3AA’s with 3 Flags & 3 Norms.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I've never paid attention to AA. Bunch of made up rubbish. Flags the only thing that counts.

Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Listening to the commentators last night and assume Daniel is a lock for an AA backline position. Essentially he plays a HBF, albeit as an almost entirely loose man. You rarely see him in a one on one contest with a forward. He is the dogs go to playmaker now. If he and Stewart get an AA nod in front ofGrimes/Vlas it will be a travesty. At the least a defender should be able to play some form of defence. Baker is a midget but he plays man on man defence when he has to.

2 of Grimes/Vlas/Baker should be in. All 3 would be in mine. And I'd have Balta too. And perhaps Houli. And DTLD.

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Bolton can’t even get into the 22 under 22, and Butters makes the AA squad of 40. I mean seriously.

Reactions: 3 users