Tigers are UpAgainst the AFL World | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers are UpAgainst the AFL World

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Love it that there is so much anti-Richmond sentiment flying about.
Players and Club don't need a lot of back slappers to know how they're travelling.
The coach and players know what the focus is and all the twaddle spouted by the talking heads won't have any impact on how the team goes about its business.
RFC knows where it is at and the players are set, determined and primed for a serious assault on the flag.
Let 'em all eat crow.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Bring on the hate I say. We play better when people underestimate us. Time to turn and burn tiges and then buzz the media tower.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
The “we only won because it is wet” is just rubbish.

We dominated the second quarter when it was dry and should have been in front at HT.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Bloody well said.

David King was on SEN this morning saying... the eagles would be happy ... you know Barrass wouldn’t make those mistakes again... it rained which suits us .... no Nic Nat....he would change the result....west coast wouldn’t allow the one back again.... utter RUBBISH!!!!!

No credit for the coaches/senior players changing our game in the second qtr. No credit for being down by 5 goals against the reigning premiers and grinding out a win. No credit for two qtrs of complete domination - one BEFORE the rain came.
Nothing about us missing our captain, our ruckman and our best defender of the last decade.... nothing about grimes bravery coming back on.... nothing about lynch and jacks brilliance when it counted ... not the first 2 minutes like Daring.... Nothing!!!

You know what.... I love it.

Go tiges.
I heard King this morning. He gave us no credit.
Zero. What a dead set flog.

I love it how they are hanging their hat on Nic Nat. The blokes played five minutes of footy in two years.

Reactions: 2 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
If anything the wet saved the Eagles.

We dominated the second term and put some of that domination onto the scoreboard. Once the rain hit at half time, the domination continued, but we were finding the scoring harder with the slipery ball.

The Eagles were managing to slot goals from the boundary 40 out, while we were strugging to get a handle on it 20 out, and if we did were lucky to score with the kick.

We had 11 more shots on goal counting the total misses. That would usually equate to a 5 to 6 goal win. The Eagles on the other hand were exceptionally accurate. To the credit of their coach, he didn't deny we were way better on the day, remarking a couple of times that they just weren't getting enough supply to "pinch" it (his words). Consider his attitude compared to the Ego too big for a coaches box, Chris Scott who tries to convince everyone that Charlie Cameron wasn't the difference in their game.

Those 2 quarters were the first dry weather quarters we've had since the bye. We have tall marking forwards and we play the game at break neck speed. Yes we play the wet well, but just wait and see how we play the dry!

Reactions: 4 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I don't care really.

I think we are more feared than hated but what does irk me is the umpiring - we are always on the wrong end of the umpiring.
By that I don't mean every decision, just that when you look at games as a whole and compare the calls and non-calls, we are either on the wrong side of the tally, or the opposition gets the more critical calls in their favour including free shots at goal.

Or I could just be a biased *smile* lol

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Been wanting the hate for a long time. It means they’re scared of us. What was it Dyer’re said? Smell the terror.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We win by 70, Weagles 20 and Blues upset Cats we are top.

Interesting hadn't realised that scenario in play my Dear Lambsy.

Carlton are no chance down there they haven't played there since forever, even though theyve been shithouse for ages, they might not even be able to find the #@^@#$% ground for a start.

Be hillarious if they did beat them though can you just imagine Salty Scotty :rotfl2

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I heard King this morning. He gave us no credit.
Zero. What a dead set flog.

I love it how they are hanging their hat on Nic Nat. The blokes played five minutes of footy in two years.

Did he mention Essendon? Are they his flag favourites? He’s terrified that we’ll win it without Rance and his ‘expert’ status takes another massive hit.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Have to say there is a fair bit of public sentiment against Riewoldt over the two free kicks when I'd expected they would side with him. All sorts of *smile* allegations flying about over what sort of player he is. Maybe 20,000 Collingwood supporters just got the electricity reconnected via dole subsidies. *smile* 'em.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Dead set its been pathetic the Anti Richmond sentiment in the media across all of it, and fan forums all other supporters talking us down saying we were lucky after fightng back from a 5 goal defecit and in a second half where the weather turned.

Mind you I'm happy for other teams to be carrying the pressure of being faves in the media.

McGuire you could hear his teeth grinding as we knocked his lot out of the 4 again, man he wanted us to lose so so badly and try as he might he could'nt hide it, neither could Russell the wanker.

Yes it rained in the second half but we were already back in the game by half time in good conditions.

Jacks two frees against which both likely cost us goals, Soldo's mark, Rioli's (WCE) BS free kick, and a few easy misses and other butchered opportunities the Tigers should have won by 3 or 4 goals not one.

They hate us they are all against us for some reason, so its time for this unit to shove it up all their collective arses and WIN THE F#$^%#@! FLAG!!!

First put the Bears back in their box next week hit them harder than wev'e hit anyone all year and then enjoy a week off for recovery before coming to beat the snot out of the whingers from Corio, from there I think we dont lose the flag.

GO YOU MIGHTY TIGERS and GAGF everyone else.

Sans Nic Nat we took their best yesterday they gave their best and it wasn't enough.

Not 1 goal short but about 3 or 4 or more and Simpson knew it after the game, so did Dimma.
Imagine how salty is feeling?

No respect from anyone

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
4th is our best result with the Pussie Cats on top.

Bash the Cats watch Salty Scotty cry and **** and moan and sit back and wait.
Screw 4th, i want second then no one can complain that the salty cats play us on our home ground. Need blues and hawks to win which can very well happen.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Have to say there is a fair bit of public sentiment against Riewoldt over the two free kicks when I'd expected they would side with him. All sorts of *smile* allegations flying about over what sort of player he is. Maybe 20,000 Collingwood supporters just got the electricity reconnected via dole subsidies. **** 'em.
I’ve just read some reactions to the AFL saying they will adjust the rule. Most of the negative ones go along the lines of Anything for the AFL’s golden child Richmond, they get anything they want etc. The hate is real! Enjoy it folks. They hate we are good. They want us to be the joke team again. They can’t stand it and I love it :rotfl2

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Am I the only one who hopes we win this weekend, finish 4th and play Geelong, who finish first, at the MCG in a Friday night game?

That will get the hate going. As long as we beat them!

And if we win?
Queue Scott to have the biggest whinge of all time about playing at the MCG.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I think a lot of the 'hate' around is the fact that over the past 35 years or so, all the jokes that non Richmond people loved rubbing in our faces (ninthmond, Fitzroy have won more finals in the past xxx years, worst team since the dying Fitzroy etc) can't be thrown at us. They are so ingrained in these imbeciles heads that they don't know what to do. Also, with us winning the flag in 2017, still little credit, saying we were lucky, a flash in the pan, but we have shown in the following 2 years that we aren't (granted, no second flag yet, but now other teams fear and dare I say, respect us). The hate is just people not knowing , and resenting, how to make us feel irrelevant now. I'm loving throwing things back in their faces now :)

Am I the only one who hopes we win this weekend, finish 4th and play Geelong, who finish first, at the MCG in a Friday night game?

That will get the hate going. As long as we beat them!

I'm kind of hoping for a two pronged result. Your scenario above and we win, then following week the pussies play another home final at the 'G against Collingwood and going out in straight sets :rotfl1:rotfl1

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think a lot of the 'hate' around is the fact that over the past 35 years or so, all the jokes that non Richmond people loved rubbing in our faces (ninthmond, Fitzroy have won more finals in the past xxx years, worst team since the dying Fitzroy etc) can't be thrown at us. They are so ingrained in these imbeciles heads that they don't know what to do. Also, with us winning the flag in 2017, still little credit, saying we were lucky, a flash in the pan, but we have shown in the following 2 years that we aren't (granted, no second flag yet, but now other teams fear and dare I say, respect us). The hate is just people not knowing , and resenting, how to make us feel irrelevant now. I'm loving throwing things back in their faces now :)

I'm kind of hoping for a two pronged result. Your scenario above and we win, then following week the pussies play another home final at the 'G against Collingwood and going out in straight sets :rotfl1:rotfl1
Don’t forget ‘they eat their own down at Tigerland’.