Tom Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Browne

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Fast becoming the biggest tool in footy media.

After the Swans game last week he asks Longmire about the rumour of Buddy being traded. Longmire sighs, takes a breathe and says “it’s just a made up story, nobody with any intelligence believed. You didn’t believe it Tom, right?” with implied sarcasm.

Browne does his *smile* eating laugh “oh, no, I didn’t believe it.”

Now today JR8 has taken Browne to task over his Twitter update on Jacks injury.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Browne is a *smile* and is a walking advertisement for the declline in not just sports journalism but all journalism.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
The only Brown worthy of a mention when it comes to football journalism is the great and esteemed Alf Brown from The Herald back in the 1960s and 1970s.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Healthy dislike of Browne has Jack. Started when Browne was bagging Tassie over having an AFL team

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
craig said:
Browne is a *smile* and is a walking advertisement for the declline in not just sports journalism but all journalism.
So true. Can't be that difficult to verify something before posting/publishing? Yet these alleged journos are so focused on being first rather than being right.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
craig said:

Nepotism at it's finest. Daddy got him a job.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/nine-dealmaker-bows-out-20130710-2pqfe.html

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Tigers of Old said:

pretty normal, thats the way the media works. Any jobs that don't require talent, just a talking head, tend go to the offspring of the rich and connected. You reckon Hamish and Gill would have their gigs if they were'nt polo playing establishment?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Batchelor Party said:
So true. Can't be that difficult to verify something before posting/publishing? Yet these alleged journos are so focused on being first rather than being right.

Funny you should mention this. I listen to triple m in the morning for about 40 minutes on the way to work. He is on there every morning. It is amazing how often Eddie McGuire has to correct him on sometimes the most basic facts in his ' exclusives' or ' scoops'. It's embarrassing at times. I think there was one week where he had to be corrected at least one time every morning.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
“Reporters” like Browne, Barrett, Ralph an co wonder why players give them nothing now, it’s ambulance chasing type journos like them who have screwed good honest player insight an feedback, the pricks turn it into what they want hear and then pretty much accuse players of lying , simply the players can’t win and I don’t blame them from becoming boring and stock standard answerers when dealing with the flogs in the media. They all seem so blooody unaccountable with what they say an write, there all like mini Eddies.

Only time I read any article from them is trade week when it’s only 90% lies, as a whole there pretty clueless in what happens on the ground .

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Mr Brightside said:
“Reporters” like Browne, Barrett, Ralph an co wonder why players give them nothing now, it’s ambulance chasing type journos like them who have screwed good honest player insight an feedback, the pricks turn it into what they want hear and then pretty much accuse players of lying , simply the players can’t win and I don’t blame them from becoming boring and stock standard answerers when dealing with the flogs in the media. They all seem so blooody unaccountable with what they say an right, there all like mini Eddies.

Only time I read any article from them is trade week when it’s only 90% lies, as a whole there pretty clueless in what happens on the ground .

Well said, Mister. Agree.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Tigers of Old said:

*smile*. Jeff Browne is some prick relation on my mothers side. I had no idea Tom was any relation to Jeff....