Tom Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Browne

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
WesternTiger said:
sh!t. Jeff Browne is some prick relation on my mothers side. I had no idea Tom was any relation to Jeff....

Yeah. Jeff is Eddie McGuire's best mate and Tom is his son. A very small world.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Tom Browne

Certainly not in business of making stuff up jack. I’m getting on these days, and have a few reliable sources up my sleeve. No surgery, as I reported, which is great. You’re a champion of the game, which is better when you’re playing. Hope you get back ASAP. And wish you the best

Now for Jacks reply

Tom it couldn’t have been true. You posted your so called information from a source at midday today and I didn’t have a scan until 3.30pm. You’ve either got the ability to time travel or you guessed....

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Legends of 2017 said:
Funny you should mention this. I listen to triple m in the morning for about 40 on the way to work. He is on there every morning. It is amazing how often Eddie McGuire has to correct him on sometimes the most basic facts in his ' exclusives' or ' scoops'. It's embarrassing at times. I think there was one week where he had to be corrected at least one time every morning.
I listen to MMM as well when I drive, and there was nothing worse than Tom "Spoon fed" Brown getting molly coddled from McGuire......except for when McGuire went to the States for super bowl, and got his son to be the roving journalist interviewing a bunch of players etc. Was sickening.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Smoking Aces said:
Tom Browne

Certainly not in business of making stuff up jack. I’m getting on these days, and have a few reliable sources up my sleeve. No surgery, as I reported, which is great. You’re a champion of the game, which is better when you’re playing. Hope you get back ASAP. And wish you the best

Now for Jacks reply

Tom it couldn’t have been true. You posted your so called information from a source at midday today and I didn’t have a scan until 3.30pm. You’ve either got the ability to time travel or you guessed....
Ha, classic.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Smoking Aces said:
Tom Browne

Now for Jacks reply

what a knob

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Smoking Aces said:
Tom Browne

Now for Jacks reply

Jack meant to say "Tom, you're a *smile* lying *smile*" . You just made that *smile* up as usual, I didn't have the scans until 3 hours after you posted that *smile* story.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Bullarto Tiger said:
The only Brown worthy of a mention when it comes to football journalism is the great and esteemed Alf Brown from The Herald back in the 1960s and 1970s.

Ahhhhhh BT - there’s an era long gone!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Kane Cornes on the footy show was havin a crack at Jack , reckons Browne did nothing wrong.

Corned just always tries to be controversial and create a head line

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
Kane Cornes on the footy show was havin a crack at Jack , reckons Browne did nothing wrong.

I note he hasn't mentioned us in his weekly 'likes' for three weeks. Must be doing it hard.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Mr Brightside said:

Jack also had a crack at Cornes earlie about one of his comments.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Tenacious said:
Ahhhhhh BT - there’s an era long gone!

And one I still miss, Tenacious ... particularly as I get longer in the tooth.
Alf was a genuine football reporter who provided really solid insights into players' performances and genuine analysis of matches. Very knowledgeable.
His Friday night reports in The Herald about weekend matches - particularly the match of the round - were must read articles.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Mr Brightside said:

Kane Bunion trying hard to be a big a flog as Parrett. It's working.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Bullarto Tiger said:
And one I still miss, Tenacious ... particularly as I get longer in the tooth.
Alf was a genuine football reporter who provided really solid insights into players' performances and genuine analysis of matches. Very knowledgeable.
His Friday night reports in The Herald about weekend matches - particularly the match of the round - were must read articles.

Jeez, you’re taking me back with that analysis.

Miss the pink paper with the punch too!

Plus dim sims at the Rock Sing, a beer at the Croc and off to the forget me nots at the Showgrounds.

Ah, the days of living in enemy territory in Northcote.

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Bernie said:
Jeez, you’re taking me back with that analysis.

Miss the pink paper with the punch too!

Plus dim sims at the Rock Sing, a beer at the Croc and off to the forget me nots at the Showgrounds.

Ah, the days of living in enemy territory in Northcote.

You havent forgotten about the weekly fish n chips wrapped in the previous weeks Herald I hope?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
willo said:
Kane Bunion trying hard to be a big a flog as Parrett. It's working.
I think Cornes is a croc media employee. Being a flog goes with the company logo.