Top 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Top 4

2017 was luck? Look at the final scores of those finals we won. We smashed everyone into tiny pieces. We broke Adelaide, the entire club. Geelong are getting treatment for severe OCD when it comes to all things Richmond. The AFL's grand plan and financing of a GWS Flag early on was blown to piecxes and they are still shitty with us over it.

Luck my arse
Exactly. I always respond to salty Adelaide and Geelong supporters to look at the scoreboard. We would have won the qualifying final and grannie if they had been played in Moorabool street and Rundle mall.

All this angst about travelling to Perth for a final assumes we have absolutely no chance of being able to win a final v West Coast in Perth

Reactions: 1 user
I don't. we're gonna need a bit of luck. in 2017 we got a bit of luck by finding ourselves on the better side of the draw and ended up playing an interstate prelim final opponent in a packed MCG. last year we weren't so lucky and ended up having to play the tougher of the 2 semi final winners... and lost. This year we need to avoid playing a knockout final in Perth. Any other opponent, I am confident we can handle.
In 2017 geelong did us a favour by beating gws, otherwise we would have travelled for first final.

We were in the zone though, and would have beaten anyone anywhere

Plan should be to thump Blues, WC and Lions and grab top 2.

Also pray for GC, Crows, Dees and Hawks this week.

Plan should be to thump Blues, WC and Lions and grab top 2.

Also pray for GC, Crows, Dees and Hawks this week.
I think the plan will be to thump the Blues and Lions. West Coast will be a cagey match, plenty of unplayed cards up both coaches' sleeves, methinks.

I think the plan will be to thump the Blues and Lions. West Coast will be a cagey match, plenty of unplayed cards up both coaches' sleeves, methinks.

agree.

Things WC wont see until the GF; Jack Ross bashing Yeo; Alex Rance keeping McGovern to 0 marks; Sydney Stack keeping Liam Ryan goalless; and Marlion Pickett winning the norm smith.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve had a look at all the scenarios,I think :)

Think if we win the remaining games , Brisbane v Geelong is the important one, if Brisbane were to lose that and against us we could end up 3rd and have to travel to Perth, we don’t want that.

I think if we win our remaining games, Brisbane beat Geelong at home is the best scenario for us.
Im
Absolutely fine with going to Perth first up.. as long as Geelong win their first home final then its a great draw for us.

Clubs like Geelong and WC will try there very best to keep us away from the top 4.
Geelong will sacrifice finishing on top of ladder so they dont meet us.
West Coast will try to bury sides so we dont get above them.
Brisbane. Are clueless to the slapping they will cop against us on the G.

I've got faith with the group we have we can win the next 3 and scare the *smile* out of the teams we play in September.

Optus might be the same size and same colored grass, that won't help WC on the G playing against us.
Hawthorn should've beaten them by 4 goals that rainy day a monrh ago.
Brisbane got slapped by Essendon
Tipppawoody kicked 7.
God help them.
Geelong just want warm milk.

2017 was luck? Look at the final scores of those finals we won. We smashed everyone into tiny pieces. We broke Adelaide, the entire club. Geelong are getting treatment for severe OCD when it comes to all things Richmond. The AFL's grand plan and financing of a GWS Flag early on was blown to piecxes and they are still shitty with us over it.

come on dude, the draw favoured us a little bit. we still had to beat 3 of the top 4 teams to win it, but all of those games were at the G.

come on dude, the draw favoured us a little bit. we still had to beat 3 of the top 4 teams to win it, but all of those games were at the G.

The point is we didn't need that favour. We would have smacked anyone in our path in 2017

If we can spank Carlton by 12 goals +, and North can get over Geelong, we'll be a real chance to finish top 2

Our destiny is in our hands.

A great result given our injury run

Let’s celebrate and trust the club.

Since Peggy Gale and Hardwick have been in charge we have become the most important team in the comp

May it continue

Dont think there will be any spanking of Carlton this week. This is exactly the type of game they would get up for - just to ruin our chances.
Yea I'm a bit sceptical about this 12 goal win stuff - Carlton have shown something recently. I still expect we'd win comfortably though.

But you never know of course.

In the end, there's a real possibility we'll finish top 4 with first final against Geelong, at the 'G (assuming they haven't completely lost the plot). We are certainly good enough for this to happen. At this point, it'd have to be us and WC, as the two best teams in the comp.

We don't want to be playing WC over there. We can win even so, sure, but just the same, not what you'd want.

=====

Just reading over the above, it's all bleeding obvious really.

It's just that you DO get this sense, that there is quite a bit of upside with our lot, some very good stuff to come. Barring some major injury(s) of course.

I don't pretend to know WC as well as I do our guys, but do they have this as well? From what I read/see, to some extent yea, but I just have the notion, I think unbiased, that we could explode in a bigger way than any other team, when we arrive at the dance floor.

Last edited:
Yea I'm a bit sceptical about this 12 goal win stuff - Carlton have shown something recently. I still expect we'd win comfortably though.

But you never know of course.

In the end, there's a real possibility we'll finish top 4 with first final against Geelong, at the 'G (assuming they haven't completely lost the plot). We are certainly good enough for this to happen. At this point, it'd have to be us and WC, as the two best teams in the comp.

We don't want to be playing WC over there. We can win even so, sure, but just the same, not what you'd want.

=====

Just reading over the above, it's all bleeding obvious really.

It's just that you DO get this sense, that there is quite a bit of upside with our lot, some very good stuff to come. Barring some major injury(s) of course.

I don't pretend to know WC as well as I do our guys, but do they have this as well? From what I read/see, to some extent yea, but I just have the notion, I think unbiased, that we could explode in a bigger way than any other team, when we arrive at the dance floor.

Only worries with West Coast is Yeo and their tall forwards, that is in terms of how we match up. They have been pretty lucky with injury though. I guess its all relative, because wining a premiership isn't supposed to be easy and I will never forget that feeling of dread mixed with optimism when we faced Adelaide in the GF.