Trade talk 2019/20 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade talk 2019/20

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Martin has plenty of talent but has bludged his way through his AFL career and deservedly found himself in the NEAFL at the bottom club. Has made an art form of doing just enough to avoid close scrutiny. I hope he goes to Carlton. BLUDGER!
Personally i reckon he's overrated.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
BrisTiger you going to the game Saturday week ?

You bet. Haven't played at the Gabba for ages. If you told me when I first saw this year's fixture that we would be playing a final at the Gabba I would have thought you were crazy.

Can't wait!

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Personally i reckon he's overrated.

Not overrated, he has been Destroyed playing at that joint.
The bucks stop me being interested, but on pure talent I would have any day of the week.
Rioli, Bolton, Castagna, Stack and him. God help help them.
Maybe lynch could have a word to him. We give 400k instead of 700k Carlton are offering and opportunity to play at real club.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
For what it's worth Sam Edmund was just on SEN and was very emphatic that Ellis would not be at RFC next year. If true he must be getting significantly better offers from other clubs. It's interesting as he seems to have cemented his place in a team that is premiership favourite and is playing reasonable footy so you'd think he's be reluctant to leave. We must be low balling him.

Edmund also reckons McIntosh is very gettable even though he recently signed a contract extension.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I'm happy to cash in Bellis and McIntosh. We have Naish and Turner waiting in the wings. It will be interesting to see what we do with Menadue in that case

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not sure why anyone would sign for 7 years to play in front of 5k supporters.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I'm happy to cash in Bellis and McIntosh. We have Naish and Turner waiting in the wings. It will be interesting to see what we do with Menadue in that case
Yep cashing in on these 2 for decent picks would be wise. Townsend to GC for swap of third rounders would also be a good move.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
For what it's worth Sam Edmund was just on SEN and was very emphatic that Ellis would not be at RFC next year. If true he must be getting significantly better offers from other clubs. It's interesting as he seems to have cemented his place in a team that is premiership favourite and is playing reasonable footy so you'd think he's be reluctant to leave. We must be low balling him.

Edmund also reckons McIntosh is very gettable even though he recently signed a contract extension.

Giddy up. No more Ellis & Flappers dreams do come true.
One more to go Get short to stkilda

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

I read what he said re Kmac. Just completely pulled from his arse. Absolutely no substance to it. And I’m not fussed if Kmac stays or goes.

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005

A personal friend of Bellis tells me he really wants to stay but the offers coming are for far more and far longer.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Callum Ah Chee wants out of the suns too. Weren't we interested in 2015 when he went there and we ended up taking Rioli. Talented and may be affordable anyway bearing in mind he has been injured a lot.

I wonder if we'd be interested. With us playing Bakes back, could we go Ah Chee and play him forward so we can play Stacky back and leave Short out? Would definitely sign Butlers papers.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Callum Ah Chee wants out of the suns too. Weren't we interested in 2015 when he went there and we ended up taking Rioli. Talented and may be affordable anyway bearing in mind he has been injured a lot.

I wonder if we'd be interested. With us playing Bakes back, could we go Ah Chee and play him forward so we can play Stacky back and leave Short out? Would definitely sign Butlers papers.

What is it with injuries and Sun players.
Prestia, Lynch,o’merra
Take the risk.
If anyone can fix it it’s us.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I cant see us trading any players in - we can't afford any. I doubt we can afford to keep everyone that we want to on the current list.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If he helps us win a flag this year he goes with my best wishes and no ill will.

The kid mustr do whats best for him going forward if he, finishes up the the GCS with a shedload of cash after becoming a dual premiership hero then that's a great career for the lad.

Reactions: 4 users

Rabbia

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2015
If he helps us win a flag this year he goes with my best wishes and no ill will.

The kid mustr do whats best for him going forward if he, finishes up the the GCS with a shedload of cash after becoming a dual premiership hero then that's a great career for the lad.
Yes exactly. He has his life after football to consider, and he came from nowhere much. All up even with one premiership I'd say he's done pretty well, and he has been better than many seem to give him credit for.