Trade Talk Radio 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Talk Radio 2023

Duursma is soft and makes alot of errors. Actually surprised Hinkley played him during the finals.
Hugo is a better version and I’m happy to trade Hugo for the right pick.

Reactions: 1 users
Bit staggered with the number of posters around here choosing Soldo over Nank. Nank is superior in nearly every statistical category compared to Soldo plus the coaches rate Nank much higher too, just look at the B&F results. Oh, and Soldo is only 20 months younger than Nankervis so he’s hardly a long term prospect either.

PRE hive-mind is really weird sometimes.

Reactions: 6 users
Bit staggered with the number of posters around here choosing Soldo over Nank. Nank is superior in nearly every statistical category compared to Soldo plus the coaches rate Nank much higher too, just look at the B&F results. Oh, and Soldo is only 20 months younger than Nankervis so he’s hardly a long term prospect either.

we all still have PTSD of when we had one ruck, and that ruck went down for the season. I believe it was around the time Megan Gale came and joined the club.

Nank gets beaten in the ruck too often and doesn't provide anything in the fwd line. Soldo has come back from a knee reco and has had further set backs / injuries since but is looking fit and ready to go. He'd provide our mids first use better than Nank could so hopefully a Soldo / Ryan ruck combo is what we go with next year.

Reactions: 6 users

Nank fights for the second contest better than most rucks. Always uses his body to team advantage in scrimmages. In my mind there is no comparison with Ivan. My only beef with Nank is his habit of giving away dumb and cheap frees. Prone to costly brain farts. Everything else is to be greatly admired.
Nank is one of our triple treat champs and I find it hard to read the ‘trade him’ posts. He has played hurt this year because the other rucks including Ivan are just not good enough.
Heart and soul warrior.
Hopefully Sampson will be the successor in 2025 and 2IC in 2024. This leaves Ivan as our insurance policy only. My knock on Ivan is that he doesn’t seem to have the aggression he started his career with. That Hawkins shove was a disaster at that stage of his career. He needs to train hard to develop his pack marking to go to the next level. But it’s getting late in his career to change his game.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
*smile* Duursma, peanut
If Duursma came to Richmond and he pulls that bow and arrow crap I will seriously consider jumping the fence so I can hit him in the head.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Big off-season looming, Oliver & Bailey Smith likely on the market, both are A grade but both have issues. Hawks want Smith and are willing to part with pick 3.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Oliver and Bailey-Smith huh?

A Grade baggage right there ... in fact... dealy-bagg-age ...

Reactions: 1 user
4. How does Ivan, Nank, Sampson Ryan, Bauer, Cumberland, Lynch, Koschitzke and Dustin all fit? Yes, likely there will be injuries but if all available they don't all fit. I think most of us would be disappointed if Ryan, Bauer and Cumberland play most of the season in the VFL.

Yes, a real dilemma.

To me I think this is the key part.

Assuming everyone was fit, we would likely play
- Main ruck
- 2nd ruck / forward
- KPF
- 2nd forward / ruck

Soldo did very well playing as the 2nd ruck / forward last year, but if we are fully fit, I would assume this is the way it goes.
- Main ruck - Nank
- 2nd ruck / forward - Ryan
- KPF - Lynch
- 2nd forward / ruck - Kosi

There is some argument around having Soldo in instead of Nank, but as others have said, its a tough when when he's captain, and he's also so strong around the ground. I think in most scenarios Soldo is the next cab off the rank and therefore depth, and therefore if the right deal came along to strengthen another area of the best 22 then we should be looking at it.

Duursma has had a poor couple of years, but was very talented in his 1st couple of seasons, I'm not annoyed by the bow and arrow as some others are (I don't really see the angst in it), and our wings definitely need strengthening. I don't think Yze will start round 1 with Kmac and Pickett on the wings, so he will be looking at other options and Duursma is one. Sinn is another option, the injury history is a concern but he is supremely talented and what both these boys possess is endurance and speed which I think is what we've all been saying we are crying out for. Having Sinn could release Dan Rioli into a role higher up the ground, either wing or a receiver in the midfield.

We need to find a way to change our personnel to help our ball movement, I think we have a few that will come in and play a lot of footy next year (Banks, Clarke, Brown to name 3), but adding to that with 1st round talented picks, for lets face it, depth from our best 22, is good list management, but we would need to replace Soldo with a ruck. I'd take Hayes from Port (has already been delisted so can pick him as a DFA).

Reactions: 1 users
I know one of our key midfielders is keen for Soldo to stay, he believes they can be more proactive as Soldo is a better tap ruckman and there has been a bit of disappointment with nanks discipline.

Reactions: 3 users
When did Soldo become Polly Farmer?

And Soldo over Nank?? Pleaaseee!!!

Nank is effectively another midfielder.

Player Statistics Comparison​
Name​
Team​
Forward, Ruck​
Position​
Ruck​
57​
Career Games​
Daramalan College​
Origin​
North Launceston​
April 14, 1996​
Date of Birth​
August 12, 1994​
27yr 5mth​
Age​
29yr 1mth​
204cm
Height​
199cm​
107kg
Weight​
102kg​
Last Drafted In​
Round 5, Pick #68​
Last Draft Position​
Round 2, Pick #35​
Last Drafted By​
Career​
Stats for Season​
Career​
57​
Games​
4.4​
Kicks​
3.7​
Handballs​
8.1​
Disposals​
2.3​
Marks​
Goals​
0.3​
0.2​
Behinds​
0.2​
3.0​
Tackles​
21.1​
Hitouts​
0.9​
Inside 50s​
0.2​
Goal Assists​
0.2​
Frees For​
1.1​
1.5​
Frees Against​
4.5​
Contested Possessions​
3.3​
Uncontested Possessions​
5.9​
Effective Disposals​
72.8%
Disposal Efficiency %​
61.6%​
2.4​
Clangers​
0.5​
Contested Marks​
Marks Inside 50​
0.2​
2.2​
Clearances​
0.8​
Rebound 50s​
2.4​
One Percenters​
0​
Bounces​
0​
65.8​
Time On Ground %​
0.7​
Centre Clearances​
1.5​
Stoppage Clearances​
3.3​
Score Involvements​
71.8​
Metres Gained​
1.4​
Turnovers​
1.8​
Intercepts​
Tackles Inside 50​
0.5​

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
He’s many things Mate but he ain’t soft
Reading the Port Adel forums and most think Hinkley is destroying the young lad. Appears he is not one of the drinking/punting tribe and more a deep thinker whose flair has been stifled. Most wouldn’t begrudge him going elsewhere to make the most of his talent.

Reactions: 2 users
Don’t see Ivan as a must keep.
And don’t see any suitable trade opportunity with Port Adelaide.
Contracted player… keep unless a deal can be done that includes someone’s 1st
to us.
If it is the case that Jack Graham also wants to return to SA maybe
Ivan to Port Adelaide, Port Adelaide’s 2nd rounder and future 2nd and Jack Graham to Adelaide, with Adelaide’s
Pick 9 to us.

People have been writing off Nank since early 2019.

Reactions: 5 users