Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
All done.
No deals for Daniher, Papley or Jack Martin.

Look about time some power returned to the clubs.

If managers & players sign deals they should be then honoured if no resolution cant be reached by both parties.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Need to liven it up. All players wanting to move go into a draw. Clubs buy tickets with picks or adding players to bucket. Every clubs get to draw names and that's their player.

Or list manager survivor. Last remaining list manager picks the player they want and so on down the line.

Though I expect our grand kids will be watching AFL Remix live. Where The AFL hand-pick each teams list at the start of the year.

• Haha

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
But GC finished lower right? And Melbourne did too! Maybe SOS forgot that little detail. Amateurs.

Melb have pick 2.

They may have some $ space and make a play for Martin. They need a small forward.
Petrucca was there leading goal kicker.....Wow

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Gotta love this game. 2 flags for us in the last 3 years with what appears to be an all encompassing happy family culture at the same time and then watch some of our foes just fight and bash away. I love Adrian Dodoro. He is all that is worst about Essendon.

We want. We want. We at Essendon demand. With all respect to Mighty Joe. He has played stuff all for 2 years. His older brother Darcy had a 6 game career (which is a shame) and retired at a very young age. Because of? Stuffed groins. I could be wrong but I thought Joe is experiencing groin issues that, to date at least no-one can fix.

But they wanted 5 and 9 and a forward? Surely that can’t be right? Or is that the Essendon FC that other clubs struggle to deal with at trade time?

Just a possibility.

Honourable mention to SOS. Wanted Papley. Wanted Martin. Got Eddie B. I love Eddie, he has been a joy to watch but he is verging on pensioner status. And........they stuffed both Brando and Butts managers around.

A laurel wreath to both clubs for stupidity.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Gotta love this game. 2 flags for us in the last 3 years with what appears to be an all encompassing happy family culture at the same time and then watch some of our foes just fight and bash away. I love Adrian Dodoro. He is all that is worst about Essendon.

We want. We want. We at Essendon demand. With all respect to Mighty Joe. He has played stuff all for 2 years. His older brother Darcy had a 6 game career (which is a shame) and retired at a very young age. Because of? Stuffed groins. I could be wrong but I thought Joe is experiencing groin issues that, to date at least no-one can fix.

But they wanted 5 and 9 and a forward? Surely that can’t be right? Or is that the Essendon FC that other clubs struggle to deal with at trade time?

Just a possibility.

Honourable mention to SOS. Wanted Papley. Wanted Martin. Got Eddie B. I love Eddie, he has been a joy to watch but he is verging on pensioner status. And........they stuffed both Brando and Butts managers around.

Good post. It beggars belief that Essendon were adamant that picks 5 and 9 were not enough for Daniher.

• Wow

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
So what on earth are we going to do with all these picks we have? Will we attempt to bundle up and trade on draft night? No guarantees there will be any takers.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So what on earth are we going to do with all these picks we have? Will we attempt to bundle up and trade on draft night? No guarantees there will be any takers.

We can trade anytime up until (and including) draft night. I'll be shocked if we don't do that. I doubt we will have the list spots for taking the 5 picks up to Pick 56.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
In fairness to Carlton, They will get Martin in the PSD.

really? a lot of water to go under the fridge before that happens. They have the third pick, not the first. If I was Melbourne I'd be saddling up for an RHG as we speak. They need class. But Melbourne ain't that smart so they may well not do that.

just read Carlton knocked back 9 for Martin and 15. Is that true? Seems amazingly dumb to me if they wanted Martin, even if they didn't want him it seems amazingly dumb. I must be missing something, they were keeping 9 for the Papley deal that never happened? whichever way you slice it, dumbsville.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007

Just a possibility.

You have to wonder what Blake Caracella is thinking at the moment. Leaves Richmond for a club that does this to one of their players.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Don't blame clubs not wanting to trade with essendon and carlton. Amazed that Dodo and SOS still have their jobs. May they remain there for a long time.

• Love

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Proof in Eddie being a force at Princess's Park will be first game at The G March 2020 against who (dont have to add that name do we). Eddie over the hill & i think Butler would have been a better pick up due to age gap. The Butler off to Sainters & wish him well. Saintersl have recruited this that & that but moved on this that & that so nothing much changing there.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Wow.
So who’s favourites for the flag 2020
WC?
Geelong?
St Kilda?
West Coast easily. The oracle David King declared them again tonight. Outright favourites he says.

They’ll probably play Essendon in the Grand Final. King, Dal Santo and Montagna creaming themselves that Essendon kept Daniher and Fantasia. Apparently they’re right in the premiership window :rotfl2

They might try winning a final first:rolleyes: Geez some of these so callled experts talk a lot of *smile*.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
fair chance GWS are experiencing a bit of the old malenky brokenness as well.

next

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Josh Jenkins about to become a Cat.

you’re having a laugh, he’s having a laugh!

'Cats snatch Jenkins in surprise attack'

CROWS (phone rings) "yeah gday, its Geelong"
"oh. yeah?"

GEELONG BLOKE: "yeah were interested in Jenkins"

CROWS BLOKE: "Josh .......Jenkins?"

GEELONG BLOKE: "Yep, how much for him?"

CROWS BLOKE: (covers phone, says to colleagues) "Someone wants Jenko" (indistinct noises and gasps of surprise and joy) "SSSSHHHHH, SHUT UP. No, Not you, um yeah OK, I suppose we could let him go." Hurridly adds "yeah, I um, we um think his mum has an aunty in Warnambool, so we wouldn't stand in his way"
(gives his colleagues the thumbs up. Colleague jumps on another colleagues back, mouths NO *smile* WAY, fist pumping, both colleagues fall over)

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users