Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
'Cats snatch Jenkins in surprise attack'

CROWS (phone rings) "yeah gday, its Geelong"
"oh. yeah?"

GEELONG BLOKE: "yeah were interested in Jenkins"

CROWS BLOKE: "Josh .......Jenkins?"

GEELONG BLOKE: "Yep, how much for him?"

CROWS BLOKE: (covers phone, says to colleagues) "Someone wants Jenko" (indistinct noises and gasps of surprise and joy) "SSSSHHHHH, SHUT UP. No, Not you, um yeah OK, I suppose we could let him go." Hurridly adds "yeah, I um, we um think his mum has an aunty in Warnambool, so we wouldn't stand in his way"
(gives his colleagues the thumbs up. Colleague jumps on another colleagues back, mouths NO ******* WAY, fist pumping, both colleagues fall over)
Do we still have Gold Posts? I nominate this.

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
The "BIG" thing SEN trade talk is it over?

I hope they broadcasted that into clinics treating people for insomnia. Instant cure !

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Clangerfeild was the mastermind behind the Jenkins move.
Talked Geelong into picking up his old mate. Need him for another tilt at the flag.
have the best forward line in the comp.

Geelolong.

Reactions: 2 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Talked Geelong into picking up his old mate. Need him for another tilt at the flag.

Geelolong.

He will help them beat up on teams like the Suns down there at their home ground, but when it comes to the real stuff they will fold again.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Geelolong.
Oh geez it was absolute cringe stuff watching King, Dal Santo and Montagna talk about this last night. They were referring to Stagerfield as the Lebron James of the AFL; i.e. he's actively involved in recruiting players to the club.

Lebron James hey? Yeah maybe; if you ignore the fact that Stager has never won a title (premiership) or even made it to the title playoff (grand final) :rotfl2 :rotfl2 :rotfl2

• Haha

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Jenkins 30 years old. Steven Jack 30 years old. Add that to Ablett 35 Taylor 33, Selwood 31, Hawkins 31, Tuohy 30, Henderson 30, Dangerfield 29.

What the hell are they doing?

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Jenkins 30 years old. Steven Jack 30 years old. Add that to Ablett 35 Taylor 33, Selwood 31, Hawkins 31, Tuohy 30, Henderson 30, Dangerfield 29.

Dunno.

Come round 1 2020 it’s Jenkins 31, Steven 30, Ablett 35 (turning 36 in May), Taylor 33 (34 in June), Selwood 31 (32 in May), Hawkins 31 (32 in July), Tuohy 30, Henderson 30 and Dangerfield will be 30 in April.

Does 9 players 30+ seem very fragile? Does to me. I see them struggling in 2020 then REALLY struggling in 2021.

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016

Panicking.

Chris Scotts ego will self destruct if they can't win a Premiership before the likes of Selwood, Hawkins etc retire. He is pissing away their future to save his job as he knows - if they ever accept that window is closed, her is unlikely the guy to sitting in the coaches chair next time they win won

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

They do have picks 14, 17, 24 and 36 so they will collect some OK kids. They picked up 4 kids last year plus Fort. Jordan Clark appears a decent selection

So I see that they are having a last shot at a premiership in the next couple of years with the aging stars, while also putting in place a rebuilding with kids for the future.

Remains to be seen whether they will be successful but they do have a plan or rather two plans

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
Dunno.

Come round 1 2020 it’s Jenkins 31, Steven 30, Ablett 35 (turning 36 in May), Taylor 33 (34 in June), Selwood 31 (32 in May), Hawkins 31 (32 in July), Tuohy 30, Henderson 30 and Dangerfield will be 30 in April.

Does 9 players 30+ seem very fragile? Does to me. I see them struggling in 2020 then REALLY struggling in 2021.

I'm trying to remember the last time we saw a truly old team like that win a flag The Hawks dynasty had some older blokes in there for the last 1, but not to this level. Roughead is retired and only 32 now.

Maybe the Blues in 1995? Kernahan, Williams, SOS, Madden. Spalding, Peter Dean ?

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dunno.

Plus they’ll have a tougher draw.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
They do have picks 14, 17, 24 and 36 so they will collect some OK kids. They picked up 4 kids last year plus Fort. Jordan Clark appears a decent selection

So I see that they are having a last shot at a premiership in the next couple of years with the aging stars, while also putting in place a rebuilding with kids for the future.

Remains to be seen whether they will be successful but they do have a plan or rather two plans

Still it's an extremely old team. The Tigers had their oldest team in the grand final for many years yet there were only 3 over 30yo . To have 9 over 30yo, it's too many imo for a real tilt at a premiership.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I'm trying to remember the last time we saw a truly old team like that win a flag The Hawks dynasty had some older blokes in there for the last 1, but not to this level. Roughead is retired and only 32 now.

Maybe the Blues in 1995? Kernahan, Williams, SOS, Madden. Spalding, Peter Dean ?

Yep Blues were quite old then. Although SOS was only 28. They had 6 pplayers over 30. Williams, Bradley, Kernahan, Spalding, Madden and Dean.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Well made point, Geelong would be thinking they have to have one last crack, had Richmond on the ropes at half time in Prelim, (without Hawkins and Duncan), and would be lamenting that had they not folded the Premiership would have been theirs as any of the finalists would have beaten GWS on the day they were cooked. They gave up nothing for Jenkins and Stevens, (only Stevens could make a difference if he gets fit IMO), and as TigerPort said they have a great draft hand so not forgoing bringing in youth.
That said it will leave a chasm when the old blokes retire in quick order.

Whether or not their plan is delusional, the question is when your clubs premiership window is coming to an end would you mortgage the farm for a chance at a flag? answer has to be yes.

The time will come for Richmond as well but the question will be do we go all out for yet ANOTHER FLAG :) and again the answer is yes.