Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
According to the HUNs Sam Edmund the Cats rated an A for their trade period.

out: Tim Kelly, Zac Smith

in: Jack Steven Josh Jenkins.

And that’s an A?

Btw, Richmond graded as C by losing Bellis and Butler.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Stevens isn't within a bull's roar of Kelly.

And a forward line of Hawkins, Ratagolea and Jenkins?

That wasn't my point, I were more asking if you had an ageing list and were in the window would you bring in whatever short term fix you thought could win a flag?

I said i didn't rate Jenkins, Ratagolea will only get better.
A forward line with only Ratagolea and Henderson FFSo_O where 21 points up on us in Prelim, (add in Hawkins instead of Henderson?)
Kelly is a star and can't be replaced but would a fully fit Stevens and Duncan added into the mix help keep them in the window, (maybe)

That will be Geelong's thinking anyway.

Look I am playing Devl's advocate, I too hope they are all in a retirement home sometime soon with only final loses to look back upon:)

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

And that’s an A?

Maybe the C stands for Champs
And I reckon I know why Geeong were given the big A

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

And that’s an A?

Hilarious.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Oh geez it was absolute cringe stuff watching King, Dal Santo and Montagna talk about this last night. They were referring to Stagerfield as the Lebron James of the AFL; i.e. he's actively involved in recruiting players to the club.

Lebron James hey? Yeah maybe; if you ignore the fact that Stager has never won a title (premiership) or even made it to the title playoff (grand final) :rotfl2 :rotfl2 :rotfl2

James recruits Anthony Davis, 1 of the top 10 basketballers in the world.
Dangerfield goes one better and recruits Josh Jenkins. I can see the comparison.

I dont rate Jenkins, but i can understand why they got him for next to nothing.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
That wasn't my point, I were more asking if you had an ageing list and were in the window would you bring in whatever short term fix you thought could win a flag?

A forward line with only Ratagolea and Henderson FFSo_O where 21 points up on us in Prelim, (add in Hawkins instead of Henderson?)
Kelly is a star and can't be replaced but would a fully fit Stevens and Duncan added into the mix help keep them in the window, (maybe)

Look I am playing Devl's advocate, I too hope they are all in a retirement home sometime soon with only final loses to look back upon:)

Geelong are the worst H&Aladder leader I can recall. They will be worse next year. Only the home ground adv gets ghem
In the 8.

Can only hope they squeeze into 4th next year.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Geelong are no chance imo. Kelly single-handedly helped them to their lead against us and we were playing shocking footy in that first half. Ratagolea has done nothing. Arguably had a better season in 2018. I'm not convinced he'll come on. Admittedly he is a good mark. Jenkins is on the downhill path and so is Hawkins. Ablett shouldn't have gone on. Steven is past his best and who knows how he will handle the psychological stresses he had this year. There's a lot to pick up at a new club and typically players don't just pick up where they left off. Of course Geelong are playing their hand in their premiership window but I much prefer the Tiger way of picking up younger mature players who have many years ahead of them than recycled geriatrics that their own clubs are happy to move on. I can't see how under any shape or form Geelong improve to be a better side than us next year. With Pickett, Stack and Rance alone we're a much improved side. Let's not forget as well Geelong lost the last 7 of their 13 games beating only 1 top 8 teams in that period. Pretty poor finish to their season.

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Geelol recruited Jenkins to fill in for Hawkins when he gets suspended next time.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Agree on Geelong, probably gone backwards. Collingwood have stood still (Langdon will replace Aish in their 22 anyway, still no tall forward).

The 3 of the big hitters from last year that you'd think would get better would be:

Tiges - As others have said full pre-season in Stack / Pickett and Rance back
West Coast - Kelly and potentially NicNat for more games
GWS - Ward will be back next season

The Lions are banking on their kids getting better but I expect to slide out of the 8 as their draw will be a lot harder. The Dogs are other ones that finished in the 8 that have strengthened their team.

Essendon have stood still

Have any of the teams from outside the 8 got better?

Port - Nope
Adelaide - Hahahahahahahaha
Hawks - Maybe, Mitchell coming back is great for their midfield, bit questions over their forward line though
Freo - Gone backwards
North - Nope

Personally reckon theres a good chance Saints can jump into that 7th -13th area, not much seperates that group IMO. Melbourne potentially, but they have a massive risk now around their talls in defence. Frost was one of the few that was any good, they basically gone all in on getting Lever and May fit enough to play every game, good luck.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Jenkins 30 years old. Steven Jack 30 years old. Add that to Ablett 35 Taylor 33, Selwood 31, Hawkins 31, Tuohy 30, Henderson 30, Dangerfield 29.

What the hell are they doing?
Starting a masters league.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Has anyone in the media written about the age of the Cats list or has Hocking forbidden it?

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hopefully we are talking with Freo about pick 22.

Good point, they may be willing to trade down.

With their current points and assuming a bid comes just after their Pick 10 at Pick 11 for Henry, they would end up with 6, 10 Henry, 69 and 72. If we packaged our first 2 for pick 22, they would end up with 6, 10, Henry, 66 and 69 so a 6 spot upgrade.

Its not huge but its still better for them.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Jenkins 30 years old. Steven Jack 30 years old. Add that to Ablett 35 Taylor 33, Selwood 31, Hawkins 31, Tuohy 30, Henderson 30, Dangerfield 29.

What the hell are they doing?
Entertaining the hell out of us, and I for one appreciate it.