Trade week and a half 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade week and a half 2019

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The compo pick for Ellis is a joke after seeing what some of these other blokes are ‘worth’.

Spot on the bloke is a "Dual Premiership Player for a start with 5 years left in him.

Its contrived and corrupt.

Its anti RFC we hopefully can win another flag or 2 in the next 3 years and really shove it up everyone.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong picked up Jenkins, not because he is good mates with Flkwitfield, but jenkins slaps the flk out of rance.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Silivagni, rolled himself the dumbshiit.
No papley
No Martin
No ellis
No bulter.
But a finished Betts.

• Love

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I thought Jenkins at the Pies made great sense.

But Jenkins and Hawkins in the same forward line. Delicious...

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I thought Jenkins at the Pies made great sense.

Joshy just walked into a pressure coach. I reckon he won't even last 1 season there unless he performs.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Dodoro was carrying on like he just won the Melbourne Cup.
He is still left with a bloke that is more injury prone then Darcy Moore and a foward that misses more games then he plays.
Can't believe they kept a bloke that said he waited to leave.
They should've Deledio him

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Essendon's attitude to the Daniher situation is unbelieveable.

"It's our intention to keep Joe," Dodoro said.
"He's an All Australian centre-half forward and a best and fairest winner at our club. He's coming into the peak years of his footy.
"We've expressed to him and his management team that we'll be doing everything possible to keep him."

I remember seeing Balme interviewed when he got to Richmond and he said something like (talking about Deledio) "It doesn't matter how good a player is, if he doesn't want to be there you're better off letting him go and getting what you can for him".

Chalk and cheese.

And he isn't even all that good.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Essendon's attitude to the Daniher situation is unbelieveable.

"It's our intention to keep Joe," Dodoro said.
"He's an All Australian centre-half forward and a best and fairest winner at our club. He's coming into the peak years of his footy.
"We've expressed to him and his management team that we'll be doing everything possible to keep him."

I remember seeing Balme interviewed when he got to Richmond and he said something like (talking about Deledio) "It doesn't matter how good a player is, if he doesn't want to be there you're better off letting him go and getting what you can for him".

Chalk and cheese.

And he isn't even all that good.

Bloody hell. Still too much Mary Jane in the air at Tullamarine.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Actually makes good sense, at least for 2020, if they can get the ball forward during games n before the pensioner creaking sets in. The Lurker Jenkins will hover around the fringes of the ten metre square while the Tommy Hawk gets up the ground between wing n the fifty arc. He's a quality field kick so he'll be looking to spoon feed Jenkins or Rattygolly one out.
With all of the end of career old farts at Geelol, it's pretty much nail 2020 or it's all downhill from there. One last Hail Mary shot from Salty Scott before he gets his nudge out the door.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
This is the part that annoys me. Bulter 2 years ago (before his ankle injury) was our best small forward alongside Rioli.
How can he be worth a 4th rounder? It’s a joke....
Perhaps St Kilda was the main interested party but after all their dealing they only had picks 51, 56, 76 and 82 left to trade, so what was RFC supposed to do? Tell Butts he has to stay with us even though his chances of many senior games are very slim? Or allow him to go to a club that really wants to give him senior games, even though the trade is not ideal? Carlton cooled off presumably because they were hoping to get Papley but that fell through at the end. After his ankle injury he has not had the same burst of speed so he may or may not get back to his 2017 form. Remember he was in the seconds and injured a lot before his breakout year starting with the pre-season games in 2017 so it's up to him what he does from here. I think RFC made it easy for him to get a fresh start so I'm happy with the deal. We'll still get players we can develop whether it's 3rd or 4th round.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We have lots of picks to trade with. I honestly can't see us taking more than 3 picks in the draft as I think we will offer most of the out of contract guys 1 year deals. I think we'll let Towner and possibly Aarts go but I think the others all get 1 year.

The Giants are apparently wanting to trade up to Pick 3 to get in front of the Green bid, but they don't have anything to then match with. Assuming a pick 5 bid comes, they need 1409 points which they are miles from with Picks 40, 59 and 60. I'd be stoked to move at least 1, maybe 2 of our 5 live picks into next years draft.

We may be able to trade up in this draft, but if we can't we need to work with someone like the Giants and swap picks in each draft.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Actually makes good sense, at least for 2020, if they can get the ball forward during games n before the pensioner creaking sets in. The Lurker Jenkins will hover around the fringes of the ten metre square while the Tommy Hawk gets up the ground between wing n the fifty arc. He's a quality field kick so he'll be looking to spoon feed Jenkins or Rattygolly one out.
With all of the end of career old farts at Geelol, it's pretty much nail 2020 or it's all downhill from there. One last Hail Mary shot from Salty Scott before he gets his nudge out the door.
They become too slow and top heavy IMO

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Last roll of the dice you feel TM...

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
They become too slow and top heavy IMO

They will be if they both play deep forward and go slow with their ball movement.

If they play Ragdoll forward to, well that could make them even slower even though he is an exciting prospect. Expect him to play more in the ruck with Smith being traded ...and Stanley often out of ravour with the great Salty one.

Like TM stated above , last chance saloon..? is that a saying ?

DESPERATION TIME