Trade week and a half 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade week and a half 2019

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
So what do we get for Butler? One or 2 of the Saints 4th rounders in 2020? They have their own and they have Ports. I guess both will be similar picks, I anticipate both will be around 10th-12th next year so around picks 66-68. I'd be ok with receiving both. Even if we give ours back. Ie. 2 picks say 66 and 67 and give pick 77 back. The trade value of the 2 picks would be about 150 points, Pick 60.

They have nothing else, unless they trade down their 1st next year to our 1st next year which I doubt would happen for someone like Butler.

This is the part that annoys me. Bulter 2 years ago (before his ankle injury) was our best small forward alongside Rioli.
How can he be worth a 4th rounder? It’s a joke.
We win 2 flags, dominate in the last 3 years and our players seem to be worthless in the open market.
Tom Papley will get Sydney a top 10 pick. That’s a flken joke. Who is Tom Papley?
What’s Rioli worth? 2 first rounders???

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This is the part that annoys me. Bulter 2 years ago (before his ankle injury) was our best small forward alongside Rioli.
How can he be worth a 4th rounder? It’s a joke.
We win 2 flags, dominate in the last 3 years and our players seem to be worthless in the open market.
Tom Papley will get Sydney a top 10 pick. That’s a flken joke. Who is Tom Papley?
What’s Rioli worth? 2 first rounders???

Yeah its annoying.

You don't give Papley much credit though, he's the Lambert type midfielder (but not as good). He plays further up the ground in a similar way to George / Lambert rather than a stay at home small forward, having said that, no way is a player that gets 15 touches a game and kicks less than 2 goals worth Pick 9. Crazy town.

Personal view is Papley is worth a pick around 20 and Butler worth a 3rd rounder (so somewhere in the 40's) but we will get unders and the Swans will get overs.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Butler and Rioli both suffered ankle injuries and both haven't gotten back to their best since.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
i think you're part right @zippadeee. You underrate Papley. he's a very good player, but different to Bulter. He can play midfield is a good mark for his size. I would say Papley is worth a late first round pick. But as he is contracted, its inflated somewhat.

but a 4th rounder for Butler is a *smile* joke. I reckon its half insulting to Butler that the club is willing to let him go for nothing. he should be a mid-late second rounder.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why isn't there a "stink up" about GWS having 2 top 10 picks.
They just played in a Grand Final.
Imagine Cornes & Parrot going off there flken heads if we had 2 first rounders.
*They played 34 games at the G.
*They got lynch for nothing.
*Now they have 2 top 10 picks.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
i think you're part right @zippadeee. You underrate Papley. he's a very good player, but different to Bulter. He can play midfield is a good mark for his size. I would say Papley is worth a late first round pick. But as he is contracted, its inflated somewhat.

but a 4th rounder for Butler is a ******* joke. I reckon its half insulting to Butler that the club is willing to let him go for nothing. he should be a mid-late second rounder.

Ian, contracted or not.
Papley isnt worth a top 10 pick.
If that is the case bolton, Rioli and Short are worth the same.
I bet they're not in the eyes of clowns Silivagni.
Imagine using pick 9 on Papley and knowing your captain, Cripps was taken at 11.
Looks fair

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Papley isnt worth a top 10 pick.

He's worth whatever someone will pay for them. That's how it works. So if he goes for a top 10 pick then that's what he's worth. The best players in the league are worth more than one top 10 pick. New players aren't proven, anything can happen so a good quality player is certainly worth a first round pick if that's the sort of player a team needs.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He's worth whatever someone will pay for them. That's how it works. So if he goes for a top 10 pick then that's what he's worth. The best players in the league are worth more than one top 10 pick. New players aren't proven, anything can happen so a good quality player is certainly worth a first round pick if that's the sort of player a team needs.

He is shhitt.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Go and buy a Carlton jumper if you like him so much.
I dont give a shiitt.
he isnt worth a first rounder.

??? why would I buy a Carlton jumper? You sound more like a Carlton supporter, always bagging our players. What's wrong with you? Calm down. You said he was a sh!t player. Clearly he's not based on his forward stats this year.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Tigerlove that is ultimately the key words’ what the club is willing to pay , or pick the club is willing to part with’.

Whether we agree with it or not is out of supporters hands.

Some are just right insulting.
Others look like desperation.
Others are just way over the top.

‘What others are willing to pay’.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Why isn't there a "stink up" about GWS having 2 top 10 picks.
They just played in a Grand Final.
Imagine Cornes & Parrot going off there flken heads if we had 2 first rounders.
*They played 34 games at the G.
*They got lynch for nothing.
*Now they have 2 top 10 picks.

But GWS only have 1 top 10 pick, Pick 6. They will use points to get the other one so will end up with 2 but they don't at the moment.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
They have nothing else, unless they trade down their 1st next year to our 1st next year which I doubt would happen for someone like Butler.
Sounds fair to me. With all this list improvement they're doing this year, they'll be trading down pick their 17 for our pick 18.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep.
Unfortunately plenty of clubs are willing to pay *smile* loads for " good " players from other clubs thinking these players will somehow elevate to premium n fill a gaping hole at the new club. Good player usually continues to be exactly that n the fans n his new team mates very quickly start wondering why the club wasted their time, picks n mega shekels on a merely good player.

Reactions: 2 users