Train on players | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Train on players

Now that you have identified Schofield for me, it would of been him I saw doing the shuttles with Gibcus and Mate` on Monday not Fawcett given his Glandular Fever.

Reactions: 1 user
Mykelti an impressive specimen: speed & power (2.79 20m at school: would've been #1 at '23 Combine).
Kicked 25.5 for St Kilda City U19s vs Carrum in 2016!
3yrs at Casey & last 2 @RichmondVFL mainly fwd. Midfield bursts late & changed complexion of gm with ability to bust out.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Apparently a prolific overhead marker.
It has been the theme this off season.
Find kids that win the ball in the air. Nakas can't jump anymore and they haven't got a clue if Lynch will ever fully recover.
Kosi Fawcett and now Schofield. You can't count Naismith, he dosent touch the ball period .

Just wasted 2 hours of my life watching R10 "highlights" of Schofield his whole 8 possessions. Just to say Bradke was faster, taller, stronger, more impactful, could run up and back to the wing and better at ground ball and marking. Bradke was not good enough to persevere with. Must question our WA talent scouts who have given us Pickett, Parker, Green and now Schofield.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Just wasted 2 hours of my life watching R10 "highlights" of Schofield his whole 8 possessions. Just to say Bradke was faster, taller, stronger, more impactful, could run up and back to the wing and better at ground ball and marking. Bradke was not good enough to persevere with. Must question our WA talent scouts who have given us Pickett, Parker, Green and now Schofield.
Wow! Most at least wait until qtr time of the first practice match before writing someone off

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bradtke obviously had other issues, I don't doubt he had some good attributes but most games I saw he was very lacklustre. The only time I saw him do anything athletic was in one instance in the last game where he ran hard gathered the ball sprinted past his opponent & kicked a long goal. I thought, gee he can move when he wants to.

But there was more to his delisting than just his athleticism. Can anyone enlighten us as to what that might be.

Bradtke obviously had other issues, I don't doubt he had some good attributes but most games I saw he was very lacklustre. The only time I saw him do anything athletic was in one instance in the last game where he ran hard gathered the ball sprinted past his opponent & kicked a long goal. I thought, gee he can move when he wants to.

But there was more to his delisting than just his athleticism. Can anyone enlighten us as to what that might be.
Yeah that was strange. Almost as our season was done he was announced ?.

Reactions: 1 users
Bully ,your opinion is highly respected, what's your opinion of these 2 training talls.
Schofield moves a bit like Josh Jenkins, kicking technique solid, he tends to kick low and hard which is ideal for an all terrain forward. I haven't seen much of a groundball game, if I'm to compare him with Van Rooyen I'd say JVR well ahead in terms of avenues to goal. Most of the success stories with these late picks have been forward/rucks - Larkey, Mitchell Lewis & Justin Westhoff a few who come to mind. I think he's a longshot but at least we're being proactive with the tall forwards.

Lefau is 26, this one isn't a project but a plug and play pick, a one year trial fine, he's got some exciting traits, there's speed and some run and carry which makes his skill set a bit more appealing than Schofield. If I'm to pick one of these guys I choose Lefau, I think the key here is to allow for quick decision making and targeting state league talent the best way to speed up the conveyer belt.

Schofield's 8 possessions is a tad higher than the 7.9 avg of Bradtke ;)

Not sure there's many games he got more than 8 possessions in :unsure:

Screenshot_20231130_202627_VFL.jpg

Screenshot_20231130_202644_VFL.jpg

• Dislike
Troll? Bakes, Kamdyn, Broad, Pickett (not that Marlion really counts because every man and his dog knew he could play), all with late picks, Anyone with a brain would kill for that strikerate. And that is before mentioning 'questioning' drafting a dual premiership player, and writing off players after a season or before they have even walked in the door. What a clown.

Troll? Bakes, Kamdyn, Broad, Pickett (not that Marlion really counts because every man and his dog knew he could play), all with late picks, Anyone with a brain would kill for that strikerate. And that is before mentioning 'questioning' drafting a dual premiership player, and writing off players after a season or before they have even walked in the door. What a clown.
Baker was 2018, but if you say that Parker, Green and Schofield are from the same spotter his standards have dropped. My post said that Bradtke was (probably correctly) considered not AFL standard and I believe Schofield is not any better than him. Premature probably but we shall see. My disappointment is that imho there were better prospects available.

Baker was 2018, but if you say that Parker, Green and Schofield are from the same spotter his standards have dropped. My post said that Bradtke was (probably correctly) considered not AFL standard and I believe Schofield is not any better than him. Premature probably but we shall see. My disappointment is that imho there were better prospects available.
What about Van Rooyens brother was he drafted?

Bloody hell!
Foosh Pickett has been more than kinda handy since day one as a mid season rookie pick.
Matt Parker was also a mid season rookie pick, they're kinda suck it n see if you maybe get a half way decent return on your guesstimate.
Green's a kid just starting out as a fourth round draft pick.
Schofield's a summer train on prospect hoping for a chance at our last list vacancy.

It's not like our W.A. talent scouts have been selling us spuds with our raft of top ten selections.

Reactions: 8 users
Same ones that got us Bolton baker broad , Idon’t expect key forwards to be notching up lachie neale numbers ya wacker. He’s nothing like bradke apart from 2 arms and legs ,we ll see how he goes , I expect the VFL bloke gets a run anyway

If we want a marking to trail it’s got my stuffed why you wouldn’t bring Patrick Weckert in for a look.

If we want a marking to trail it’s got my stuffed why you wouldn’t bring Patrick Weckert in for a look.
I’m also stunned that no one has given Keon Sanchez a trial.
Very clever small forward. Perhaps durability as he’s had a few injuries