Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Naish is occupying 1 of the 3 mandatory ejection seats right now IMO.

Houli retiring might save someone

Agree. If i was managing a smooth moving 17yo 190 kid with mitts smarts tuffs and neat feet,
Id be onto Matt Clarke.

Bachars almost gone and his 2 heirs, naishy and stackman, arent kicking down the door.

Rfc would be a great place to be for a young hbf'er right now

Reactions: 1 user

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Agree. If i was managing a smooth moving 17yo 190 kid with mitts smarts tuffs and neat feet,
Id be onto Matt Clarke.

Bachars almost gone and his 2 heirs, naishy and stackman, arent kicking down the door.

Rfc would be a great place to be for a young hbf'er right now
I reckon Hugo might leapfrog them both, heard it here first

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hail @caesar , what days/times are open training? I might try to head down before work kicks in
There is no open training but you can stand and watch through the wire fence, depends how keen you are. Best times to view is usually Monday's and Thursday's from about 9:30am. Thursday is usually the tougher session.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There is no open training but you can stand and watch through the wire fence, depends how keen you are. Best times to view is usually Monday's and Thursday's from about 9:30am. Thursday is usually the tougher session.
Cheers @caesar, looking through the wire fence doesn't sound so appealing but I might wander past if I'm down that way.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I have never tried it but have read if you take your membership & show it (if security approaches you) you won't be asked to move on.

tommystigers

Demetriou, McLachlan, Dillon. Just why?
Oct 6, 2004
How about make a son?
Richmonds AFLW team is going to have serious Father Daughters selection issues if they all want to play football. Must be running at around 95% girls atm.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
JNR & Daniel back today, JNR doesn't look as fit as last time I saw him. Daniel did 3/4 of session JNR about half as they integrate back in and regain some fitness. Daniel had a running pacesetter today, (Nank :D), as they did sets of half laps. Dan won by a nose.

Update on players I previously reported rehabbing or injury doubts :
Mabs trained fully and looked good.
Shedda after leaving the track 10 minutes in on Monday, trained fully.

Umps made an appearance today to instruct the boys on a few things. Not diverging off the mark is something the boys will need to get use to.
Actually on a previous training session they actually did a man the mark drill that looked quite comical they all in unison charged to a marked spot and then had to stop and put as much perceived pressure without deviating from the mark, (i forgot to report who was the star jump king but Kmac was pretty good:))), Stupid rule IMO may as well carry a green flag and wave them through:rolleyes:.

Balta is looking menacing.
No shoulder strapping for Graham hopefully those issues behind him.

No new injuries.

Light on content today lads, that's it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Richmonds AFLW team is going to have serious Father Daughters selection issues if they all want to play football. Must be running at around 95% girls atm.
Keep your eye out for Maria Rioli in 2023 Tommy.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
JNR & Daniel back today, JNR doesn't look as fit as last time I saw him. Daniel did 3/4 of session JNR about half as they integrate back in and regain some fitness. Daniel had a running pacesetter today, (Nank :D), as they did sets of half laps. Dan won by a nose.

Umps made an appearance today to instruct the boys on a few things. Not diverging off the mark is something the boys will need to get use to.
Actually on a previous training session they actually did a man the mark drill that looked quite comical they all in unison charged to a marked spot and then had to stop and put as much perceived pressure without deviating from the mark, (i forgot to report who was the star jump king but Kmac was pretty good:))), Stupid rule IMO may as well carry a green flag and wave them through:rolleyes:.

No new injuries.

Just love that line about Balta looking menacing.

Reactions: 2 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014

No new injuries.

Did you get moved on Caesar?

• Haha

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

No new injuries.

Thx very much for the updates, it's very much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 users