Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Thx very much for the updates, it's very much appreciated.
Caesar - with Leppa and Macrae departing - do you know who is back & forward coach this year.
Also any info on the VFL and a list being built - news has been very quiet on that front.
Cheers

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Caesar - with Leppa and Macrae departing - do you know who is back & forward coach this year.
Also any info on the VFL and a list being built - news has been very quiet on that front.
Cheers

These are the coaches we have left
  • Damien Hardwick. Senior coach.
  • Adam Kingsley. Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage.
  • Andrew McQualter. Development coach Forwards
  • Ivan Maric. Ruck coach but has a wider role now not exactly sure what.

Other coaches are :
  • Sam Lonergan.
  • Xavier Clarke.

Not sure what line they are covering but last year both they were also gong to be involved in the VFL programme as well as development coaches in AFL. I will pay more attention to the coaches to see if I can work it out.
Being down numbers several coaches may well be covering multiple bases?.

As for VFL I have no idea on how they are constructing their list and where they are going to draw players from.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005

Other coaches are :
  • Sam Lonergan.
  • Xavier Clarke.

Not sure what line they are covering but last year both they were also gong to be involved in the VFL programme as well as development coaches in AFL. I will pay more attention to the coaches to see if I can work it out.

As for VFL I have no idea on how they are constructing their list and where they are going to draw players from.
thanks Caesar. The VFL is a mystery this year.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne

Other coaches are :
  • Sam Lonergan.
  • Xavier Clarke.

Defence ?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
That list of coaches, seems awfully light and doesn't carry anywhere near the weight it did with Fly and Leppa.

Kinglsley is basically a AFL coach in waiting but it looks thing after that.

Needs beefing up.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Our players can coach themselves.
Floss and grimes would make great coaches so I would get them to coach the backline.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
That list of coaches, seems awfully light and doesn't carry anywhere near the weight it did with Fly and Leppa.

Kinglsley is basically a AFL coach in waiting but it looks thing after that.

Needs beefing up.

We lost Leppa and Fly , but Kingsley is so underrated transformed our midfield towards back of the year and finals we're we struggled big time in those areas .Clark and Lonergan both involved now with seniors both highly regarded.Good to freshen up the coaching group now and then even with success.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Spent ~1 hour with @Ceaser this morning watching through the fence.

Skills were on display as it was mostly non-contact. Dimma picking up the cones and hands-on with an individual group is a sign of the times.

Had a close-up to Soldo, Bachar and Cumberland who are in rehab and were in front of us. Soldo possibly the biggest man I have ever seen. Got a friendly hello and he said his knee is doing well. Cumberland is a nice size. Bachar is a phenomenal athlete and similar muscle tone to Ceaser....

My takeaways:
- Biggie is a fine specimen. Great trunk.
- Chol could easily be interpreted as the best player out there. In fine condition.
- Balta has an incredible presence about him. Booming voice. AA-lock.
- Grimes still looks like a skinny rookie pick.
- Had to confirm with Ceaser who was Will Martyn, as his body shape has changed dramatically.
- Titch was in the group in front of us. He just has that ability to do what no one else can do in tight situations.
- Miller has lost his awkward-gait. Looking forward to seeing how he develops this year.
- CCJ looked good and in one contest out marked Lynch very convincingly
- Good to see Junior out there. Not over-awed but a few years away.
- No Pickett. Hopefully he is not stuck over in WA.
- Baker his usual self. No sun-glasses or evidence of red-eyes...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Skills were on display as it was mostly non-contact. Dimma picking up the cones and hands-on with an individual group is a sign of the times.

Had a close-up to Soldo, Bachar and Cumberland who are in rehab and were in front of us. Soldo possibly the biggest man I have ever seen. Got a friendly hello and he said his knee is doing well. Cumberland is a nice size. Bachar is a phenomenal athlete and similar muscle tone to Ceaser....

My takeaways:
- Chol could easily be interpreted as the best player out there. In fine condition.
- Had to confirm with Ceaser who was Will Martyn, as his body shape has changed dramatically.
- Titch was in the group in front of us. He just has that ability to do what no one else can do in tight situations.
- Miller has lost his awkward-gait. Looking forward to seeing how he develops this year.

Good stuff - and I loved the line about Grimes

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

My takeaways:

So good to have another set of eyes TF and not have to report for a change, they did step up the contested stuff after you departed though.
Just on Marlion he did not train on Saturday either, I understand his absence is NOT due to injury. He was training the house down so I hope whatever he is dealing with doesn't have a negative affect on his footy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

My takeaways:
Good work TF and Caesar.

PS .................Any Hubris TF .