Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

The use of Balta and Astbury in the ruck exposes our backline to the plus-sized forwards like Mackay and Cox. CuJo will help rectify that as he's quite good as a ruck around the ground, but in the meantime we may just have to bring in Chol to ease the load, particularly if Tigga misses games.
Agree. I reckon around mid season Astbury will be out of the team, and CJ will be in. Nank will float back to protect the defence when needed, and CJ can rest forward.

Reactions: 1 user
The use of Balta and Astbury in the ruck exposes our backline to the plus-sized forwards like Mackay and Cox. CuJo will help rectify that as he's quite good as a ruck around the ground, but in the meantime we may just have to bring in Chol to ease the load, particularly if Tigga misses games.
Will be a bit of horses for courses this year would be my guess, going forward I see Biggy as DTLDs replacement, we’ve got great options going forward ruck wise, it’s the combo that will be key. No doubt Balta is always going to be thrown into the middle to change the momentum of a game . No Chol for me

Not sure how we would fit Nank, Soldo, Balta and CCJ in the team if they are all playing ruck.

So, for me Balta stays in the backline once everyone returns. Nank maybe a +1 in the backline if not off for a rest. Soldo, hmm, not sure, ruck and all over the place? CCJ would likely be ruck and forward but already have 2 tall forwards. When Jack retires we need another tall forward so CCJ could be ruck/forward.

Don't want to be too tall in the faster game we seem to be seeing with the endless rule changes.

If all 4 play then we would need at least one on the pine at any time, otherwise unbalanced.

DS

Meant to say same myself, just mentioned this elsewhere. Really don't want to be running your two KPD through the ruck, exposing the BL.

To be honest, I am not sold on CJ as a ruck or a forward. Not seeing him last year makes it hard to fully judge but still not sold on him. He doesnt do enough in either the 2nds I have seen over the years or even the praccy game v Collingwood, was expecting more.

Nank, Soldo and Balta for me as rucks. And I am a maasive believer in Caesar's training rpeorts so waiting to see Samson Ryan too.

Therefore, I would trade CJ to GWS or one of the other teams desp needing a ruck. GWS desp need one. Although they have good forwards. such as Riccardi.
I'd trade him for one of their draft picks (they have a round 1 pick tied to Collingwood - is it going to be too good a pick for them to trade away?), or one of their good players. their depth is impacted by all the players who have left.

I hope I am wrong and CJ gets better and better when we put him in mid year. I wish I could be a believer.

To be honest, I am not sold on CJ as a ruck or a forward. Not seeing him last year makes it hard to fully judge but still not sold on him. He doesnt do enough in either the 2nds I have seen over the years or even the praccy game v Collingwood, was expecting more.

Nank, Soldo and Balta for me as rucks. And I am a maasive believer in Caesar's training rpeorts so waiting to see Samson Ryan too.

Therefore, I would trade CJ to GWS or one of the other teams desp needing a ruck. GWS desp need one. Although they have good forwards. such as Riccardi.
I'd trade him for one of their draft picks (they have a round 1 pick tied to Collingwood - is it going to be too good a pick for them to trade away?), or one of their good players. their depth is impacted by all the players who have left.

I hope I am wrong and CJ gets better and better when we put him in mid year. I wish I could be a believer.
Think I got GWS's picks for next year wrong. But doesnt change the idea!!

Trading out CCJ would leave our list exposed for a post-Jack forward line.
Cant see us trading him tbh

Trading out CCJ would leave our list exposed for a post-Jack forward line.
Cant see us trading him tbh
I agree we need a replacement for Jack. I'm not a believer CJ is the answer, but am happy to be proven wrong.

I agree we need a replacement for Jack. I'm not a believer CJ is the answer, but am happy to be proven wrong.
I hope you are deadset wrong and you couldnt be more wrong when CCJ marks and dobs his 4th in our 4th flag in a row!

Reactions: 1 users
Didn’t want to start a new thread , so I thought I’d put this thought here.

A lot can happen in a week in footy and even more in a season, however I don’t think I’ve seen in my time a Club that is so clearly in front of the pack, there is literally daylight between us and a few other clubs at this point .

Didn’t want to start a new thread , so I thought I’d put this thought here.

A lot can happen in a week in footy and even more in a season, however I don’t think I’ve seen in my time a Club that is so clearly in front of the pack, there is literally daylight between us and a few other clubs at this point .

There is a couple of teams I would like to place first before I agree.

Round 1 traditionally throughs up some weird upsets.

You're asking the wrong question because JR8 isn't replaceable. CJ won't be able to fill Dusty's boots either, but he'll do alright in a forward line alongside Lynch and Dusty, and be a decent ruck around the ground when given the chance.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure how you draw your conclusions , his last dozen starts at vfl he would have regular highlights like that clip , he’d easily be the brightest ruck/forward prospect in the vfl. Not certain he would replace jack , dunno , we got the draft currency to ID what we need CCJ represents a partner to nank

Not sure how you draw your conclusions , his last dozen starts at vfl he would have regular highlights like that clip , he’d easily be the brightest ruck/forward prospect in the vfl. Not certain he would replace jack , dunno , we got the draft currency to ID what we need CCJ represents a partner to nank
I draw my opinions the same way you do. By havibg watched the VFL in 2019 and watching CJ play.

As I said, happy to be proven wrong. No one replaces Jack, one of the smartest players ever. I see CJ as not as great forward and not a great ruckman.