Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
To be honest, I am not sold on CJ as a ruck or a forward. Not seeing him last year makes it hard to fully judge but still not sold on him. He doesnt do enough in either the 2nds I have seen over the years or even the praccy game v Collingwood, was expecting more.

Nank, Soldo and Balta for me as rucks. And I am a maasive believer in Caesar's training rpeorts so waiting to see Samson Ryan too.

Therefore, I would trade CJ to GWS or one of the other teams desp needing a ruck. GWS desp need one. Although they have good forwards. such as Riccardi.
I'd trade him for one of their draft picks (they have a round 1 pick tied to Collingwood - is it going to be too good a pick for them to trade away?), or one of their good players. their depth is impacted by all the players who have left.

I hope I am wrong and CJ gets better and better when we put him in mid year. I wish I could be a believer.
Sorry bob, I've got a hunch that you might be wrong (hoping). CCJ's strength is that he's a one grabber. With the new standing on the mark rule, I reckon there might be more long kicking, if that's the case I reckon one grabbers might be very handy.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I agree we need a replacement for Jack. I'm not a believer CJ is the answer, but am happy to be proven wrong.
My concern is CJ and Lynch maybe too similar players. IMO we need a nimble tall forward

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Fully concur on that , to me it just doesnt seem right kinda chemistry to have dual forwards that don’t cover a lot of ground
Especially now they've made rules to open up the game more. Gunna be all about sheep dogs, or wolves n dingoes hurtling up n down the ground with just one big ugly pit bull at each end.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Fully concur on that , to me it just doesnt seem right kinda chemistry to have dual forwards that don’t cover a lot of ground
IMO if those 2 are playing i'd have 1 anchored in the goal sqr, with the way we can move the ball from 1 end to the other we could do serious damage with 1 left 1 out in the sqr & we'd have someone to kick to at all times. I'd even even do that with Jack playing.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Big Tom often is on his scooter up on the wing. He is a great target for the kick down the line.

Agree having CCJ and big Tom in the same forward line might be difficult but its hard for the oppo to cover 2 big lugs who clunk grabs.
As long as they can keep separated then one of them will have an undersized defender on him

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
IMO if those 2 are playing i'd have 1 anchored in the goal sqr, with the way we can move the ball from 1 end to the other we could do serious damage with 1 left 1 out in the sqr & we'd have someone to kick to at all times. I'd even even do that with Jack playing.
Hmm, as much as lynchy looks like he’d be dangerous one out in the sq , all his highlights are on the lead

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
No report from me, I did watch the first half and i thought Dow, Riley and Naish were ok even though the Blues were well on top.
Junior was pretty poor in first half.
CJ took one screamer in the square that I saw and goaled.
That's about it, too worried about getting to the main game
Thanks Caesar.
Any thoughts on what you saw of Ben Miller.

Also about when and where the vfl side plays next weekend?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Not a training session as such, indoor session I think.

Came out for 20 minute recovery type exercises, and then a little bit of walking soccer.

Cotch was out there.
Tigga walking laps with Grimes and Bashar. Tigga DID NOT appear to be limping which is a good sign.

Reactions: 12 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Not a training session as such, indoor session I think.

Came out for 20 minute recovery type exercises, and then a little bit of walking soccer.

Cotch was out there.
Tigga walking laps with Grimes and Bashar. Tigga DID NOT appear to be limping which is a good sign.
I recall Edwards coming to the bench few times in the 3rd and 4th quarters and he didn't look 100% right.
Same with Grimes after 1/2 time.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I recall Edwards coming to the bench few times in the 3rd and 4th quarters and he didn't look 100% right.
Not use to playing in games which don't mean anything.
They should be back by round 4

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not use to playing in games which don't mean anything.
They should be back by round 4

You've just reminded me that the week up till Round 4 all we will hear about is Port Adelaides redemption, because it worked out so well for Adelaide in 2018 and the Giants in 2020. They both got "redemption" and then blew the rest of their season.

Reactions: 1 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Grimes was proppy after a marking contest where he was hit hard (friendly fire from memory)

Reactions: 1 user