Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
To be honest im more interested in the next group this preseason

RCD , Biggy , Dow , Ross , Miller , Cumberland , Martyn , MRJ , Ralphsmith , Samson and all the newbies

The big boys know what to do and how to do it , They are just so 2017 now

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

RCD , Biggy , Dow , Ross , Miller , Cumberland , Martyn , MRJ , Ralphsmith , Samson and all the newbies

Absolutely.
The senior boys know what to bring n will provide the basic structure of our footy season ( injuries permitting of course ). It's the improvement and career establishment of generation next that will decide whether we reach top four n genuinely compete again or simply roll through next year somewhere between 5th to 12th n nothing more than a difficult opponent at best.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

3 to 4 of these kids need to step up it's there time that's we're our improvement will come.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Damn. Just realised there's no Stackman in this grouping. Still only young n played thirty odd games, just exploring his full potential n capabilities. Gets a full n proper pre season in he could be leading the way for our bunch of youngsters in 2022.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Damn. Just realised there's no Stackman in this grouping. Still only young n played thirty odd games, just exploring his full potential n capabilities. Gets a full n proper pre season in he could be leading the way for our bunch of youngsters in 2022.
Stack for Richmond is known quality just has to produce on a consistent bases
the other player i mentioned need to get to that next level thats why i didnt include Stack

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Looks like some are busting a gut in the heat

I were at training today, (about 140 minute session), pretty hot just standing there watching :) ,

Best news by a mile was Soldo participating in an hour of training with the main group, kicking, marking & change of direction he then did another hour of work away from the main group.
Lambo also joined the main group for an hour then breaking away to do his own thing.
Shai, blitzing, tore the guernsey of Broady's back as Broad tried to evade him.
Brown & Gibcus: The only 2 draftees to train with main group and did so for the entire session, again Brown looking very accomplished, except for being a bit light you would be hard pressed to pick him as a draftee he is so seamless in the drills. Gibcus moves really well but does look a bit like the boy he is amongst men, (big Christmas dinner in order for his training regime).
They both got found out in one on one wrestling drills when they were matched up against two beasts in KMac & Balta respectively :) .

Parker: Continues pre-season dominance.

Tarrant : Love, love DTLD but watching training we definitely have his position coverd.

Prestia : Always wary of saying he is doing well as every pre-season I say this he inevitably suffers a setback.

Full Rehab: Graham, Dusty, Sonz, Banks, (Sonz doing the least, can't see him doing drills till new year?, but progressing his running very slowly)

Not there: JR8, Judson Clarke & Will Martyn

Endurance Work : At the end of the long session Syd, RCD, Balta, Shai, Marlion given extra work, (not sure if Marlion was there just to encourage and assist Syd as he kept dropping back to support him and they had a nice hug at the end).
Balta really trying to play catch-up he had a massive 165 minute session and stayed out 15 minutes longer than anyone else continuing on his running. (A power athlete that has always struggled a bit with endurance work on track).

What I want before Christmas : Is a Scratch Match but not sure I am going to get it.

PS : Riewoldt confirmed as training in Tassie and will join group after Christmas.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Prestia : Always wary of saying he is doing well as every pre-season I say this he inevitably suffers a setback.
Problem solved @caesar ....... just throw in the occasional. .... "going like a busted arse!";)

As always. ... thanks for your report(y)

Reactions: 5 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Love the fact that the draftees in Brown and Gibcus had to wrestle beasts. Will toughen them up for the real thing.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How would Brown shape up against Mansell?

Too early for that and Brown has to earn his stripes but he just looks classy and i've never thought that about Mansell. Mansell has endeavor and tenacity on his side but can be reckless at times IMO.
Brown looks to have the potential to provide intelligent rebound out of defense whereas Rhyan a bit more manic?

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Strange thing is, since Dusty lost weight from his kidney injury and rehab, his tattoos don't look quite so good.:unsure:

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
This Brown talk has me fascinated. He could easily start on a wing and have an impact.

Maybe he goes to the back flank and Short goes to the wing. Cant have enough quality users.

Reactions: 1 users