Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
@caesar, how is Cumberland doing in the running drills? From the pics Ive seen of him he is looking fit and good size. If he can get his endurance up to be a high half forward, we will have a good player on our hands.

Cumberland was originally put with a group that needed to extra work on endurance, not exactly sure where he is at with that at present.
I have noticed that his delivery skills by foot have been pretty average so far this pre-season though.
Has hardness and know he can take a grab so will be interesting with a full pre-season under his belt.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I would just like to say, this is allready the longest *smile* pre season in the history of the VFL/ AFL

Reactions: 9 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Every year from memory shortly after the draft the squad get away somewhere as a group for training and activities, obviously COVID might eliminate a few locations but does anyone know if squad is doing that this year and if so where and when??

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Cumberland was originally put with a group that needed to extra work on endurance, not exactly sure where he is at with that at present.
I have noticed that his delivery skills by foot have been pretty average so far this pre-season though.
Has hardness and know he can take a grab so will be interesting with a full pre-season under his belt.
Thanks Caesar - he will be coming off a low endurance base with his knee rehab but let's hope the extra endurance work helps him improve his kicking too

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Every year from memory shortly after the draft the squad get away somewhere as a group for training and activities, obviously COVID might eliminate a few locations but does anyone know if squad is doing that this year and if so where and when??
Used to come up to QLD for pre-season training camp in January. Covid killed that off last year. It should be possible this January with QLD border now open. It's very humid up here with all our rain. It will do them good to train in this weather.

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
He hit Tommy on the tit last night with a cracking 40m pass into the Superstore pocket

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Used to come up to QLD for pre-season training camp in January. Covid killed that off last year. It should be possible this January with QLD border now open. It's very humid up here with all our rain. It will do them good to train in this weather.
I thought they went up into the high country for a camp per season last year.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Yep, do have an exclusive on this TT.

We have a camp down the Mornington Peninsula. All staying at CC's.

He's taking them through his normal weekend routine of dawn sand dune runs and 5 km swims in his budgie smugglers in prep for the season.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yep, do have an exclusive on this TT.

We have a camp down the Mornington Peninsula. All staying at CC's.

He's taking them through his normal weekend routine of dawn sand dune runs and 5 km swims in his budgie smugglers in prep for the season.
Once a week I just like to dive in at Flinders , do a lap of the Island and back for a Salmon bagel at the Flinders cafe , apparently a few of the lads are scared of Sharks so we may have to give it a miss

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Washed down with your normal Chai Latte, followed by your Kale salad lunch before an afternoon run.

We know how you elite beachside snobs live.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So Tom has returned to training with more than the double chin we saw in the photos.
Lynch returned day 1 with the 1-4 players which he didn't need to day so i don't really see that much mirth in double chin fascination ;)

Last edited:

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I thought they went up into the high country for a camp per season last year.
They went up to Bright. But can't seem to get more pics than that. Remember there was a bit of a group photo and Cumberland looked big to the right on that pic :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211210-224126_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211210-224126_Samsung Internet.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20211210-224313_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211210-224313_Samsung Internet.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Great to hear Lynch going well thus far in training, needs his kicking boots this yr & if he stays fit he could be huge this season.