Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks caesar

Great update and loving the RCD updates and hoping this boy has a great season and cements a spot in the best 22
how is Biggy & Miller looking going by the pic's and vid's on the RFC website looking like Biggy is just about physically ready

Did Caddy put in a appearance

Caddy was there but to be honest I give him scant regard these days as I think the game has passed him by or at least RFC has?

Biggy is definitely more physically developed but haven't seen too many contested aerial drills to see how his one on ones are stacking up, missed quite a few easy targets today skill wise.
We do need one of Biggy or Miller to become a reliable player they don't need to be stars, if Miller can take another step he may be ok, website has him at 198cm which makes him our tallest defender although at this stage he doesn't really play like it.

Reactions: 7 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Wandering past today and just a low key Hands/kicking/Aerial session.

Syd was clean as a whistle.

On to the track after boys went in DRioli came out for my 1st sighting, was doing some 3/4 lap running under the stop watch from a trainer.

Balta also stayed out and did 10 minutes of lap running as he is coming from a little way back due to Covid and also one that is a power athlete and still needs to build a bit more endurance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Wandering past today and just a low key Hands/Feet/Aerial session.

Syd was clean as a whistle.

On to the track after boys went in DRioli came out for my 1st sighting, was doing some 3/4 lap running under the stop watch from a trainer.

Balta also stayed out and did 10 minutes of lap running as he is coming from a little way back due to Covid and also one that is a power athlete and still needs to build a bit more endurance.
Just on Balta , one of the pics from training had him looking like he carrying a bit , simply put that down to a funny pic ?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just on Balta , one of the pics from training had him looking like he carrying a bit , simply put that down to a funny pic ?
No he probably is a little bit heavy or just heavy in the legs, (hard to say), so just putting a bit of extra running in to him.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Probably is carrying weight after his injury inhibiting a lot of activity and also the fact he came back to a previous pre season maybe even last year carrying a bit of condition as well.

He might enjoy the time off in the paddock the lad :)).

Noah coming back with a bit of condition on him doesnt bother me that much as he will work it off quickly.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I wasn’t at training long , however the body shape changes of RCD, MJ , Mansell and Hugo were great signs for me

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I wasn’t at training long , however the body shape changes of RCD, MJ , Mansell and Hugo were great signs for me

I stayed there until the end and Kane Lambert was interviewed afterwards and asked how the pre-season was going and who he was looking forward to next season, he said, "Riley Collier-Dawkins, he has had a big pre-season", (but then again I have already told you that ;) :) )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tom Brown looked very good in drills tonight, great mover just glides across the turf and got a good look at his standing vertical leap and clean hands.
A lot to like, I think he is a safe bet as a keeper.

• Love
Reactions: 29 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Would have made more sense to have this training day mid Saturday AM to get fans there, most are working Thursday arvo
Probably why they chose today to keep the attendance low seeing as the fans could not get close for photos and autographs anyway and there are still 1200+ Covid cases per day in Vic. Have to protect the players from possible breakthrough infection even if everyone is vaccinated.

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I stayed there until the end and Kane Lambert was interviewed afterwards and asked how the pre-season was going and who he was looking forward to next season, he said, "Riley Collier-Dawkins, he has had a big pre-season", (but then again I have already told you that ;) :) )
He'd know as he's been running with him over the break

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Probably why they chose today to keep the attendance low seeing as the fans could not get close for photos and autographs anyway and there are still 1200+ Covid cases per day in Vic. Have to protect the players from possible breakthrough infection even if everyone is vaccinated.
I'd say that's exactly why they chose it to be today

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I'd say that's exactly why they chose it to be today

Their main training day has been Thursday all pre-season they compromised on time to at least allow some people to get there. They usually have a session early Saturday morning ,(8am or earlier I think?). The women usually do something on Saturday as well I think.
Don't think you would get a much bigger crowd on a weekend this close to Christmas anyway.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
@caesar, how is Cumberland doing in the running drills? From the pics Ive seen of him he is looking fit and good size. If he can get his endurance up to be a high half forward, we will have a good player on our hands.