Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
From the youngsters: Looking forward to seeing senior contributions from Dow Ross RCD miller and martyn … but honestly

Any good signs from any of the the younger crew will be welcome

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The watch for me is, by the end of this week, who hasn't been back since the yrs training began (last 2 weeks as of this coming friday). W.Martyn (glandular fever) aside they should all be on track unless they are injured & we'd be assuming anyone not back is in iso which should be lasting less than 2 weeks.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Good work Caesar cheers for the efforts.

Maybe we leave Will Martyn in QLD and put him on the long term list.

Could he 3 mystery players be vying for Martyns spot if he goes on the LTI or do they look more like kids getting some pre season Big Time training experience.
Apparently two of the mystery players are Luke Teal and Matt Jefferson according to PM Bangers. Jefferson is a tall forward from Vic Metro so hopefully we are having a good look at him for this years draft.

Reactions: 1 users

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
Apparently two of the mystery players are Luke Teal and Matt Jefferson according to PM Bangers. Jefferson is a tall forward from Vic Metro so hopefully we are having a good look at him for this years draft.

there's a joke in there somewhere about Jefferson playing FF (founding father)

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Thats why I reckon he'd make a handy pressure forward for a year or two, that energy and attack would be very handy inside the forward 50 if the club was looking for some pace and spark forward of centre.
He was thrown there at times and looked lost didn’t get near it apart from 1 nice goal v I can’t recall

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Jefferson for Ashburton in the Under 15's in 2019 kicked 55 goals in 11 games. 10 goals once, 9 twice, 5 four times, 3 twice, 1 goal once and a 0.

Matthew Jefferson
Oakleigh Chargers / Vic Metro / 193 cm
/ 79 kg / Tall Utility

The athletic tall is best performed as a forward so far, but has played in the backline showing some promise in some of his APS matches. As a forward, Jefferson is able to leave opponents in the dust on the lead, easily gaining separation and holding marks well on the lead but also very capable with holding contested marks as well. Jefferson is a reliable set shop, but also looks to pass the ball off to teammates in better scoring positions, meaning that even if he isn’t kicking the goals himself he’s generally securing them well.

Luke Teal - 184cm
Oakleigh Chargers / Vic Metro / 184cm / Defender/midfielder

A smart and attacking player who creates and takes the game on when positioned at half-back. Teal had some exciting moments through the under-17s trials and carnival for Vic Metro and has also displayed some of his qualities with midfield opportunities. He can mark well above his head and is adept at being an intercepting defender for his side.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Training today Thursday:

I did a report and then accidently deleted it so I am not going to re-do so this is more like an injury report:

Back today : Will Martyn :clap2Nank Lambo Stack

Will surprisingly did the entire session with main group.
Lambo is struggling for mine rehab pre-Christmas and same today except for one drill but not filling me with confidence.
Stack a bit lethargic today.
Monday I mentioned
Lynch disappeared from the track @Stackey diagnosis of hammy appears correct as he was only walking and some very slow jog throughs :confused:
Prestia not out there, (hope he hasn't succumbed to my pre-session jinx)
Marlion & Cumberland: Absent
Tom Brown only walked a couple of laps and a few light run throughs before hitting the sheds :confused:
Jack Graham during match sim drill on far side of ground headed to the bench and spoke to two performance guys and seemed to be pointing to the back of his hamstring and he was accompanied inside :confused:
Grimsey back to full training :)
Sonz & Banks doing a little bit more but sill slowly slowly.
Judson Clarke doing nearly all drills now and looking classy.

That's it today, no fluff pieces today ;)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 25 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Interesting that Judson Clarke is right in there.

Wasn't this was tipped to happen by someone on here as soon as we got him?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good to see Will back doing full training after his illness.

Reactions: 6 users