Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Saturday Training Update:

We have problems in the Engine Room :confused::

Jack Graham: My Thurs diagnosis of possible hammy may be correct? as rehabbing consistent with one?.
Lambo : who I said i thought was struggling Thurs not there today.
Prestia : has got his obligatory setback for this time of year missing Thurs & rehab today.

Others in rehab:

Sonz but did some drills
Brown
Lynch

Not there:

JNR
Cumberland
Marlion

I'm on the following Choo Choo Trains:

RCD: Running has improved, not missing a target by foot and looking strong, (and boy do we need him with these other injury prone crocs ;) )
Judson Clark: quick skilled left footer who kicks on his right for fun :) think people are going to :love: him,
DRioli: killing it off half back
Shai (have never been off :mhihi )

Other Comments:

Shai Stack & Clark: doing post session goal kicking with McQualter, now that would be one exciting small forward combination if everything clicks.

Banks: Trained with main group

Gibcus: Have been happy with his pre as has completed most sessions and getting plenty of development,

Samson Ryan: Also doing extra goal kicking practice post session, were able to congratulate him on his contract extension, very polite young man, (didn't fob me off :mhihi ).

Overall this pre-season slightly concerned with a few key players sidelined at various times and seeming to be taking them considerable time to get them back, (particularly referring to
Graham and Lambo here).

Just saying I think we are missing
Rob Inness big time, last year being first year he is not with us we failed to get a lot players back but we were probably tanking towards the end of the season anyway so didn't bother pushing boundaries but my concern remains, (at least I don't see us leading the AFL in this particular area anymore). Non informed personal opinion but.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Thanks Caesar

Shai and Stack seems a more dangerous forward line to Castagna and Aarts. I'm happy with that. If Clark can contribute too, with his dual sidedness, that would be a bonus

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Between consistent form/best 22 issues and also being a regularly injured player, I’m not sure Fridge is the best choice for Captain right now.

If someone else did it for 2 years, sure look at him again then. No probs.

But right now I worry his body would seem a bit vulnerable to not being out there on a consistent enough basis to be Captain. Played 22 last season though I suppose. (16,16,18 years before that inc finals so missing maybe 6 to 10 games per year perhaps ?)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Saturday Training Update:

We have problems in the Engine Room :confused::

Jack Graham: My Thurs diagnosis of possible hammy may be correct as rehabbing consistent with one.
Lambo : who I said i thought was struggling Thurs not there today.
Prestia : has got his obligatory setback for this time of year missing Thurs & rehab today.

Others in rehab:

Sonz but did some drills
Brown
Lynch

Not there:

JNR
Cumberland
Marlion

I'm on the following Choo Choo Trains:

RCD: Running has improved, not missing a target by foot and looking strong, (and boy do we need him with these other injury prone crocs ;) )
Judson Clark: quick skilled left footer who kicks on his right for fun :) think people are going to :love: him,
DRioli: killing it off half back
Shai (never been off :mhihi )

Other Comments:

Shai Stack & Clark: doing post session goal kicking with McQualter, now that would be one exciting small forward combination if everything clicks.

Banks: Trained with main group

Gibcus: Have been happy with his pre as has completed most sessions and getting plenty of development,

Samson Ryan: Also doing putting in extra goal kicking practice post session, were able to congratulate him on his contract extension, very polite young man, (didn't fob me off :mhihi ).

Overall this pre-season slightly concerned with a few key players sidelined at various times and seeming to be taking them considerable time to get them back, (particularly referring to
Graham and Lambo here).

Just saying I think we are missing
Rob Inness big time, last year being first year he is not with us we failed to get a lot players back but we were probably tanking towards the end of the season anyway so didn't bother pushing boundaries but my concern remains, (at least I don't see us leading the AFL in this particular area anymore). Non informed personal opinion but.
Thanks as usual Caesar.
I know some on here aren’t as convinced but IMO Rioli’s move to the back line seems a masterstroke. Think he’s determined to make the most of it too. Playing pressure forward for Richmond is like living in starvation city. All about applying pressure and filling gaps.
Top 5 for Dan in our B&F this year wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

And agree with you. That potential forward mix has got serious talent

Reactions: 11 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks Caesar

Shai and Stack seems a more dangerous forward line to Castagna and Aarts. I'm happy with that. If Clark can contribute too, with his dual sidedness, that would be a bonus
Yes all going well it would be, Syd has lacked a little bit of spark this week so am just keeping my exuberance level under wraps. Forward is where i would have him though.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yes all going well it would be, Syd has lacked a little bit of spark this week so am just keeping my exuberant level under wraps. Forward is where i would have him though.
As always caesar, thanks for your reports. How's Jack Ross Training?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jack Ross has had a great pre-season.
Cheers mate.

It's time for Ross and RCD to demand more games this season, they can do that by training the house down. Going by your reports they are doing that, it's great to see.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Cheers mate.

It's time for Ross and RCD to demand more games this season, they can do that by training the house down. Going by your reports they are doing that, it's great to see.
I have NOT used the words "Training The House Down", that is a no go thone ;)

• Haha
  • Love

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
That small forward setup sounds super exciting. Would spell the end for George and Aarts if it comes together.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Between consistent form/best 22 issues and also being a regularly injured player, I’m not sure Fridge is the best choice for Captain right now.

But right now I worry his body would seem a bit vulnerable to not being out there on a consistent enough basis to be Captain. Played 22 last season though I suppose. (16,16,18 years before that inc finals so missing maybe 6 to 10 games per year perhaps ?)
Yeah I see where you are coming from Red but that will have little influence if he gets the job.

I personally don’t think he gets it right now. He will captain the club at some stage. Hey have no doubts.

Gut feel says they go with an experienced player over the next 2 years whilst we are still in the window.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Love the updates @caesar!

I wouldn’t be too concerned about players going in rehab. It could all be just part of their training load and ensuring they are not over doing it. For example Prestia would be closely monitored due to his previous injury history.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Yes all going well it would be, Syd has lacked a little bit of spark this week so am just keeping my exuberance level under wraps. Forward is where i would have him though.
Has Stack been training fwd or back this pre season?

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004

Vlastuin will be captain imo