Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Gibcus unlocks a few things down the road but I expect limited AFL impact this year.

Grimes, Broad and Taz will take the gorillas so Balta could go forward now regardless of what Barry Gibb brings.

He might get a look at the big time but there’s no rush.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
It's interesting that Aarts is training with the mids. They played him in the middle in the second half of the last game against Hawthorn and he actually went ok. To be honest I am not a fan of Jake. However, if he is failing as a defensive forward it makes sense to at least try him in another role. Perhaps a tagger? Does anyone know if he played midfield as a junior?

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yep have mentioned this a couple of times. Farts did well last yr in the middle against gws also. He's actually quite strong over the ball.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It's interesting that Aarts is training with the mids. They played him in the middle in the second half of the last game against Hawthorn and he actually went ok. To be honest I am not a fan of Jake. However, if he is failing as a defensive forward it makes sense to at least try him in another role. Perhaps a tagger? Does anyone know if he played midfield as a junior?
Yep he did crackers , he’s keen to play midfield, believes it’s his best spot

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Usually in the seconds
;)

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
He has done well a few times when he has gone into the midfield. The only question is whether he can sustain it for a whole game because he can tend to be ineffectual when forward

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I reckon our fortunes in 2022 rest on the health and fitness of Cotchin, Lambert, Prestia & Edwards. Hope i'm wrong but feel the kids are not ready to step up and indeed may never have the quality to do so.
IMO they'll be fine so long as we don't have too many of them in at the same time as we did last yr. Tho i do agree that if they aren't ready this yr will they ever be?

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
I reckon our fortunes in 2022 rest on the health and fitness of Cotchin, Lambert, Prestia & Edwards. Hope i'm wrong but feel the kids are not ready to step up and indeed may never have the quality to do so.
My gut feeling before the season starts we will be looking or should be anyway for a very classy midfielder thru free agency or trade. Cotchin may retire, Titch, Lambo and Prestia are very injury prone. This is a big opportunity for RCD and a few other to step up. I think we will have the money if Jack and Cotchin retire.
Ps Hobbs would have been a handy pick up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Should be a very different year for Cotch
With the media circus around the hardwick marriage split behind us , letting go the captaincy , hopefully no Covid bubble pressures on the family and a full preseason under his belt , he might enjoy his footy again
A reset to body and soul could add a couple of years to his playing career ???
I could see a revitalized Cotch working hard with coaches to support the new capt and try and bring on the young brigade (on and off the field )
On the flip side if his hammies play up again he could be gone before seasons end

I’m hoping Trent shocks everyone and has a ripper year

Reactions: 9 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Won't shock everyone Captain Hook....
there just seems to be a vibe here that his body is past it and his pace has dropped and this is most likely his last year
and there is good reason behind those thoughts , the way he throws himself into packs and throws himself into the role of captain ...

during an Ash Barty game reckon I saw him and he looked happy and very refreshed :)(y)

we've seen it for some years now Cotch & Dusty have a special bond

geez I'd like that to continue and with what life has severed up to Dusty the last 12 months
it would be good for Cotch to have a great year and take some spotlight off Dusty

and we can sit back and enjoy

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Whoops!!!!
Any sense of a change of game plan to counter the stand rule? Match simulations? Full team drills that might be showing the influence of new coaches. Esp. Teague

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
In he olden days Aarts was the type a coach would throw the dice and give him a go as a tagger but those days (at Richmond anyway) are gone. Not sure he’d have a future as an onballer. So far down the pecking order makes it hard.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Yea he did at Beaconsfield, racked them up as a rover