Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Our backline this year has been leaking a lot of scores.

It comes down to our midfield.
Exactly. Hawks where bold (as they have been all year) and used the corridor. If we can force them wide and go around the cape, then balls to 2MP will need him to take an excellent contested mark. Our mids forcing them to bomb it from 70 out at least gives Gibcus and Grimes a chance to also spoil. Mid pressure also allows a Nank/Soldo to also fill a hole. If Peter gets many shots, out mids are not working hard enough.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Is Mate Colina coming this year after his basketball commitments are completely finished,thought I read this somewhere, can anyone confirm,interesting to see what a 213cm giant can do.

Nothing this season, that's for sure.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That's because of how easily it has been coming in.
Midfield, wingmen etc.

I still think we have some way to go. Not getting carried away with who we’ve beaten.

Our test against Melb fell really short. If they had kicked straight we would have been embarrassed. Admittedly we seem to be playing a lot differently since then but still leak too many easy goals for my liking.

Can this midfield without any help from our younger brigade take us up the ladder? I’m not sure or convinced as yet. I’m not clouded by our recent victories but they are 4 points banked.

The thing that s***s me is that if it weren’t for a 15 minute lapse or not being able to stop the other teams ‘run on’ we could have banked say another 1-2 games.

We may look back at those early loses and think what if.

Still a long way to go but if we don’t finish top 4 we don’t have a chance. We need that double chance.

Reactions: 2 users

RobsJourney

Tiger Cub
Sep 24, 2020
@caesar you at open training? Be curious to hear if Graham is out there and moving okay. Burge said he was making good progress and they'd have another look at him today.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
@caesar you at open training? Be curious to hear if Graham is out there and moving okay. Burge said he was making good progress and they'd have another look at him today.
Captains Run Today:

Graham out there initially didn't really run, kicked a few on his left only then came of to talk to Burge & Dimma.
Dimma pated him on the shoulder and he walked to the bench while the rest continued to train

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Captains Run Today:

Graham out there initially didn't really run, kicked a few on his left only then came of to talk to Burge & Dimma.
Dimma pated him on the shoulder and he walked to the bench while the rest continued to train

I'd guess it will be In Ross, Out Graham then

Reactions: 3 users

RobsJourney

Tiger Cub
Sep 24, 2020
Captains Run Today:

Cheers, bugger, we'll miss that midfield pressure.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Captains Run Today:

You’ve got the best eyes in the business Caesar.
You were spot on again

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Captains Run Today:

caesar was Jayden short at training today? Rumours floating around that he wasn't. Can you confirm?​

I didn't do a head count, Graham my main interest so can't confirm.

Reactions: 1 user