Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Lynch didn't play from half way through the 3rd quarter

And now missed a training session

Where there is smoke there is fire?

And yet Lynch is credited with playing 85% of game time and kicking a goal at the 25minute of the third quarter.

Think you information about Lynch is not correct

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
And yet Lynch is credited with playing 85% of game time and kicking a goal at the 25minute of the third quarter.

Think you information about Lynch is not correct

Ok.

He sat out the last quarter, and hasn't appeared at training.

Are you happy now?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
They might decide to manage Tommy this week and make sure he is right for the last two rounds. That allows Nank, Chol and Soldo to have a dance-off for the two ruck/forward spots.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Ok.

He sat out the last quarter, and hasn't appeared at training.

Are you happy now?

Wrong again mate, i sat behind the bench on Saturday night and he started the last quarter on the bench and came on at the 8 minute mark.

From memory, he then went off with a couple of minutes to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I remember commenting as he walked off the ground that he had a noticable limp. Let's hope some rest helps it along

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Wrong again mate, i sat behind the bench on Saturday night and he started the last quarter on the bench and came on at the 8 minute mark.

I was sitting with caesar and spook so they may remember me going into a panic when Lynch went off and then started doing some run throughs on the boundary, not sure what quarter that was Boss ?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Wednesday training, (not main session):

Notable absence and it is a big one, no Tom Lynch.
Other than that all present and accounted for.
Stack Cotch & Rance doing a power of work in rehab. If it was a final Stack & Catch would play IMO but along with Cotch you'd think caution would be the go with Stack as well this week?

Next report Friday main training where hopefully Tom will be training the house down.
Reckon they are just managing workload re: Lynch, especially this time of yr. You have reported last couple of weeks that Houli hasn't been training much yet has been playing well etc. they could be inside doing weights instead etc. many thx for the reports much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
sounds like there is nothing to worry about !

Awesome, nobody wants him injured least of all me

lol

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004

i think it was when he took a mark & goaled from about 50 he seem to take a while getting up & i was worried he injured his knee. When he started & stayed on the bench for a while in the last qtr i was more worried. But as you mentioned he came back on & then came off for the last few minutes. Hopefully all ok & given his workload etc etc just giving him a freshen up.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Agree, I am sure it is management, the last mark and goal he got Saturday night he got crunched from behind and looked a bit sore getting up even though he went back and slotted it. Might have even got a bit of a corky, he did spend a fair portion of the last quarter on the bench.

Just to get my story straight, (which I have now changed), I just watched the last half again :) , after that mark and goal late in the 3rd quarter where i thought he was collected pretty hard from behind Lynch made 2 further strong leads with no apparent limitations. Coverage had him starting last quarter on the bench but he had a beaming smile so nothing in that, came on about 5 minute mark into last & played out the quarter.
So there is no game related issue whatsoever by the look of it so let's just go with he was managed today at training.

Reactions: 10 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Wednesday training, (not main session):

Notable absence and it is a big one, no Tom Lynch.
Other than that all present and accounted for.
Stack Cotch & Rance doing a power of work in rehab. If it was a final Stack & Catch would play IMO but along with Cotch you'd think caution would be the go with Stack as well this week?

Next report Friday main training where hopefully Tom will be training the house down.

That rehab group would win us a flag of its own back!
How was Rancey moving Caesar? Much lateral movement?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
That rehab group would win us a flag of its own back!
How was Rancey moving Caesar? Much lateral movement?
Yep Rancey did more lateral movement than I have seen previously, still no kicking of a football or even warm up drills with the group.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Main training today:

Firstly it was bloody freezing!!!

Stack seemed to do enough if he pulls up well so should play.
Lynch out there and looks fine.
Marlion & Ross trained well.
Rancey yet to get his boarding pass, still out there slugging away.

Interestingly from watching game simulation you would swear that they are going Soldo and Chol, (Chol featuring a lot as a lead up forward), but surely Nank comes in?

Cotch: Not sure if it is good news or bad news, not in rehab today started with main group and did warm up drills and the mild circle work and then went inside as they cranked up game sim drills. Hopefully just a planned easing into footy related work and not any awareness issues.

**Update: Have since seen Cotch is due for a big session Sunday morning so that will be one to watch for:

From article on AFL.com.au website:

Cotchin will miss his second straight match with his third hamstring setback of the season, and is set for a big session on Sunday morning to prove his fitness to face West Coast in round 22.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Thanks Julius.

I think with the weather being bad on Sunday , maybe they will give him (Nank ) with his groin, another run in the 2’s and bring the big guns against WC???