Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Thanks for the update AOC1974 and Caesar
Bring on Saturday - are you guys going to the game ?

Cheers Ed...
nah mate... can't make it.. struggle to watch on tv with others.. lock myself in a room...turn the dribblers down on the commentary and pace up and down til it's overo_O

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
"Said there was a real buzz about training today, plenty of voice Training gone up a notch"

How comparable to both 2017 and 2018 pre-final training buzzes and notch climbing?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Cheers Ed...
nah mate... can't make it.. struggle to watch on tv with others.. lock myself in a room...turn the dribblers down on the commentary and pace up and down til it's overo_O

Beer fridge in the corner
Padded walls
and chicken wire in front of the TV (Rawhide playing somewhere in the background)

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Thanks for stepping into the breach aoc1974, greatly appreciated. How was the meatball ball moving?
Cheers Tiger... sorry, should have included you in previous post... all good to my eye and Caesar's sidesalad:)

Reactions: 1 user

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Any Prenders going to the open training at the Gabba this arvo?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Brisbane have stopped us having a run on the Gabba, so we will be doing sprints on the greyhound track.
My money is on Castagna Bale.

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Just been to the captain's run at the Gabba. Very balmy afternoon. All emergencies except Butler have travelled as well as Rancey. Good to see him out there. If Butler didn't travel, I wonder whether the reports about the blues are correct?

Not much to report, just a light run and a kick. If only Mabs could impose himself. His skills are exquisite.

Still not convinced about Nank and Soldo in the same team. Watching both run around, they are noticeably slower and less agile than all the others. Oh well, we wait and see I guess. With 3 emergencies, any chance of a late change?

Reactions: 2 users

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Still not convinced about Nank and Soldo in the same team. Watching both run around, they are noticeably slower and less agile than all the others.
We must remember the crucial thing that led to success over the past three seasons: we play to our strengths.

Elements of our plan and structure will be tweaked to take advantage of Nando's strengths if and when both are on the ground.

For example, if Soldo is taking centre bounces, Nank may fill a hole in defence if Brissie's talls start well; or Nank may go forward to the goal square for a few minutes, allowing Lynch and Riewoldt to play a tad higher.

It's all about wrong footing the opponent and creating temporary mismatches.

Neither Nank nor Soldo will be expected to replicate certain things that Balta and Chol can do.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
We must remember the crucial thing that led to success over the past three seasons: we play to our strengths.

Elements of our plan and structure will be tweaked to take advantage of Nando's strengths if and when both are on the ground.

or, for example, Nank may tackle Zorko at the first stoppage, and fracture his sternum.

• Haha

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
or, for example, Nank may tackle Zorko at the first stoppage, and fracture his sternum.

He could Moe (verb) Curly Neale and Larry Zorko in a double headlock and then crunch their heads (accompanied by the sound of a bowling ball strike in the backgorund)

Nyah Nyah nyah!!

• Haha

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne

For example, if Soldo is taking centre bounces, Nank may fill a hole in defence if Brissie's talls start well; or Nank may go forward to the goal square for a few minutes, allowing Lynch and Riewoldt to play a tad higher.

Neither Nank nor Soldo will be expected to replicate certain things that Balta and Chol can do.
I’d be a bit surprised if nank and soldo were on ground at same time , unless Nank is giving a tall forward a chop out which would happen at some point

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
I’d be a bit surprised if nank and soldo were on ground at same time , unless Nank is giving a tall forward a chop out which would happen at some point
That's mainly what I mean, although, if we're well on top (or well down) we can always experiment with an extra tall to create a mismatch. Don't forget, every game has a secondary purpose of finding/developing the perfect plan and structure to combat the Eagles on a dry deck.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002

Agree.
Thought we got ahead of ourselves against the Pies in the 2018 pelim when we arrogantly announced pre-game that Rance would be our deepest defender, no matter the match up.
Allowed Collingwood to come up with their own game plan based on that.

Not the reason we lost, but a piece of it ..........