Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Just been to the captain's run at the Gabba. Very balmy afternoon. All emergencies except Butler have travelled as well as Rancey. Good to see him out there. If Butler didn't travel, I wonder whether the reports about the blues are correct?

Not much to report, just a light run and a kick. If only Mabs could impose himself. His skills are exquisite.

Still not convinced about Nank and Soldo in the same team. Watching both run around, they are noticeably slower and less agile than all the others. Oh well, we wait and see I guess. With 3 emergencies, any chance of a late change?

There is some part of me with the conspiracy theory that the coaching staff still feel if one of our critical defenders go down, they'll throw Rance in.

Who would you rather? A 20% fit Rance or Ryan Garthwaite?

I know, I know, it's nonsense. He's almost definitely just there to get around the boys. Leader on and off the field.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
There is some part of me with the conspiracy theory that the coaching staff still feel if one of our critical defenders go down, they'll throw Rance in.

I know, I know, it's nonsense. He's almost definitely just there to get around the boys. Leader on and off the field.

Let's hope we don't replicate our selection mistakes from our last prelim!

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

From what I saw yesterday, Rance looks more than 20% fit. An amazing specimen of a man

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Anyone know what our training schedule is for this week?

With no game this week not sure how they will approach it, (am sure either Thursday or Friday this week they will have a strong hitout), what will be a certainty is that with our Prelim being on a Friday night next Wednesday will be the main training session before game.
On most occasions start time is 9:30 give or take.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just heard Dion on radio saying they have a few days off and then will be having a solid main training session Friday, (equivalent to half a game of footy).
Cheers

Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
From what I saw yesterday, Rance looks more than 20% fit. An amazing specimen of a man
Just heard Dion on radio saying they have a few days off and then will be having a solid main training session Friday, (equivalent to half a game of footy).
Cheers

Do you know the normal practice with that casear?
Eg - does that mean the blokes can stay away from the Club altogether - or do they come in for meetings and the like and just keep off the track?
Presumably the boys with injuries or soreness - Rioli etc - would be expected to come in for treatment.

Also - what about the AFL blokes likely to play VFL this weekend?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Do you know the normal practice with that casear?
Eg - does that mean the blokes can stay away from the Club altogether - or do they come in for meetings and the like and just keep off the track?
Presumably the boys with injuries or soreness - Rioli etc - would be expected to come in for treatment.

Also - what about the AFL blokes likely to play VFL this weekend?

The club trusts them to look after themselves so they get a few days off, Prestia was sunning himself up North yesterday before returning to the cold in Melbourne.
AFL boys playing VFL Saturday would be training the VFL timetable and therefore not the AFL main session Friday.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Main Training session today:

All 22 trained and came through unscathed :). Rioli and Dion did 70%, just managing themselves but all good. As per last weeks report training has gone to another level, plenty of voice and none louder than Dusty, never seen him happier.
An outrageous bit of play from Dusty today, whatever I say won't do it justice, (think Brisbane goal only better). They were doing stoppage drills in the forward pocket and had most of the 22 in the vicinity, from a boundary throw in, Nank and Soldo competing, Dusty hit a Soldo tap at full pace, had 3 defenders hanging off him which he Don't Argued 2 of them, still had one hanging off him as he checksided a goal on his right, all the players exploded, cheered laughed shook their heads at the audacity of the man, sheer brilliance:D
Soldo got an understated version of the same when he kicked a running checkside goal from an angle in game sim.

If it is true you play like you train we are tracking very nicely!.

• Love
Reactions: 49 users

wayno

Tiger Rookie
Nov 3, 2004
Melbourne

All 22 trained and came through unscathed :). Rioli and Dion did 70%, just managing themselves but all good. As per last weeks report training has gone to another level, plenty of voice and none louder than Dusty, never seen him happier.
An outrageous bit of play from Dusty today, whatever I say won't do it justice, (think Brisbane goal only better). They were doing stoppage drills in the forward pocket and had most of the 22 in the vicinity, from a boundary throw in, Nank and Soldo competing, Dusty hit a Soldo tap at full pace, had 3 defenders hanging off him which he Don't Argued 2 of them, still had one hanging off him as he checksided a goal on his right, all the players exploded, cheered laughed shook their heads at the audacity of the man, sheer brilliance:D
Soldo got an understated version of the same when he kicked a running checkside goal from an angle in game sim.

Thanks for the report.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Well done Julius.

Let's hope we see more Dusty Specials on PF night, and as for Soldo, it's time he became our Mason Cox.....especially if we meet the Scum in the GF.

Reactions: 1 user

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Thanks Caesar. Were the three defenders holding Dusty Ellis, Short and Houli? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Well done Julius.

Let's hope we see more Dusty Specials on PF night, and as for Soldo, it's time he became our Mason Cox.....especially if we meet the Scum in the GF.

******* cox..... still having nightmares over that one! Bit of razzle dazzle from Evarrn followed by a cro-aysh-ar, cro-aysh-ar, cro-aysh-ar chant might fix that :)

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney

Super stuff that, Kniferack.

Been loving your training reports this year.

:clap2

• Love

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Nice work yet again Caesar !

Did they have a half of match simulation or was it just standard training run ?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

caesar you did Dusty’s goal justice, you got me excited. Thanks for your report/s