Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Nice work yet again Caesar !

Did they have a half of match simulation or was it just standard training run ?

Was only 11 on 11 as AFL listed boys playing VFL prelim tomorrow didn't train, so pretty much normal training with plenty of game sim stuff with the reduced numbers.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Was only 11 on 11 as AFL listed boys playing VFL prelim tomorrow didn't train, so pretty much normal training with plenty of game sim stuff with the reduced numbers.

It should be 21 on 1

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
i assume today was the serious training run for the week

any updates?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
i assume today was the serious training run for the week

any updates?

Yep main training today, beautiful day out there. All you need to know is that all 22 from Brisbane final trained strongly and no-one left track early. The majority of the VFL destined AFL players trained as well today given they play Sunday and will have another session Friday in preparation for their Sunday GF.
I am loath to mention Stack but as there are those still in dreamland thinking Sydney is a chance to play AFL GF i will.
Sydney completed all game simulation drills today but noticeably limped on several occasions after kicking. I think it is already confirmed that he is not playing VFL GF? and the fact that he was dropped and playing VFL footy at the time of the injury there is no way he will miraculously be selected should the ones make GF IMO.
Re VFL shame Aarts won't be there, copped a 4 week suspension.

Reactions: 15 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yep main training today, beautiful day out there. All you need to know is that all 22 from Brisbane final trained strongly and no-one left track early. The majority of the VFL destined AFL players trained as well today given they play Sunday and will have another session Friday in preparation for their Sunday GF.
I am loath to mention Stack but as there are those still in dreamland thinking Sydney is a chance to play AFL GF i will.
Sydney completed all game simulation drills today but noticeably limped on several occasions after kicking. I think it is already confirmed that he is not playing VFL GF? and the fact that he was dropped and playing VFL footy at the time of the injury there is no way he will miraculously be selected should the ones make GF IMO.
Re VFL shame Aarts won't be there, copped a 4 week suspension.

Thanks Julius.

Like with Rance the RFC will put the Stack idea to bed.
Next year for both.

Real real shame there. Stack appears to be to me born for finals footy.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Just curious re Rance - since they put it to bed that a comeback this year wasnt going to happen - has anything changed with his training? Is it still full steam ahead or has he slowed it down markedly knowing that the hard part has been done already, now its just queue in the rack stuff till preseason starts again?

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Just curious re Rance - since they put it to bed that a comeback this year wasnt going to happen - has anything changed with his training? Is it still full steam ahead or has he slowed it down markedly knowing that the hard part has been done already, now its just queue in the rack stuff till preseason starts again?

Rancey only has one speed. Flat out.
Nanks said in a recent interview that Rance is an absolute monster in rehab and that he has never seen a player who trains harder.
He will come back next year like a man possessed.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Thanks Julius.

Like with Rance the RFC will put the Stack idea to bed.
Next year for both.

Real real shame there. Stack appears to be to me born for finals footy.

So Rance and Stack will be just like two new recruits?

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
So Rance and Stack will be just like two new recruits?

And Jack Higgins.
Am I the only one thinking that his form appeared to drop significantly last year around the same time he started suffering severe migraines? (reportedly around Round 5 )

Reactions: 3 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
And Jack Higgins.
Am I the only one thinking that his form appeared to drop significantly last year around the same time he started suffering severe migraines? (reportedly around Round 5 )
Unfortunately we wont be seeing Higgo until very late in the year.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
And Jack Higgins.
I am with you on this one. I think it was the Adelaide game over there. I made mention that he was double grabbing the ball each time. The ball was like a cake of soap to him. So unusual for someone who is very clean below his knees.

Reactions: 1 user