Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tell you what, they were bloody good in round 1. While everyone else is pointing at GWS, I reckon the Pies are the real threat. It might only be round 2, but this is an 8-point game. I'm not on the same page as people who reckon this is a game we can afford to drop. If the Pies finish in the top 4, look out. If we can beat them in round 2, that's a big step towards them slipping out of the top 4. I don't reckon many teams can beat them. But we can. And we must get the job done.

Yep with the shorter season every game against fellow contenders is even moreso critical.

If we can climb over the Maggots and then the Eagles then we are in very good shape.

It will be important to inflict a loss on the Coasters as well with their pro home run at the end.

Maggots, Gee Whiz and Eagles are the main dangers.

Brisbane will do well with their home games also along with Geesook gettting agood amount of soft kill games at Crapdinia Park,.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
On form they'll beat us, if round 1 form means anything now. I won't be too worried if we lose, but be nice to win as well.

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
He didn't.
Buckley constantly thinks playing tall non mobile big men is our achilles heal.
He is right.
Our biggest losses over the last 3 years have been when Dud talls have dominated us like Jenkins, Cox, Dixon and Liptak.
This is 100% spot on. In '18 we never lost a game unless thier talls smashed us in the air.
Mind you in those games had our mids been "on" the delivery would have been a bit less to thier liking as well.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I don't care what he does as long as we beat them.
They have been walking around the last 10 weeks like they have won 3 flags in a row.
A good slapping could be enough to off set their season.
We don't want to loose to them because the next 15 weeks will be unbearable.
Even if they do get us we all know thier is an end game & that is where we can get them.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Tell you what, they were bloody good in round 1. While everyone else is pointing at GWS, I reckon the Pies are the real threat. It might only be round 2, but this is an 8-point game. I'm not on the same page as people who reckon this is a game we can afford to drop. If the Pies finish in the top 4, look out. If we can beat them in round 2, that's a big step towards them slipping out of the top 4. I don't reckon many teams can beat them. But we can. And we must get the job done.
As good as they were, i am happy for them to peak early in the season, even at 17 game teams will still need to time thier peak. Plus the Dogs were rubbish rd 1, must have been reading thier own media over the pre season. We'll be fine

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Anyone else wouldn't mind if we played the sooks at thier shithole & beat them? The memes would be great & if Pies/Hawks both play them there (we know Hawks are) & beat them it will prove they can only beat up on minnows there. That then becomes "flat trackers" territory which would help explain thier finals record in recent yrs.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Anyone else wouldn't mind if we played the sooks at thier shithole & beat them? The memes would be great & if Pies/Hawks both play them there (we know Hawks are) & beat them it will prove they can only beat up on minnows there. That then becomes "flat trackers" territory which would help explain thier finals record in recent yrs.

Hawthorn arent easy beats.
Im tipping them.
Clarkson will have had 3 weeks to find a way to beat them....

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Dreams can come true.
Imagine they drop 2 of the first 3 games down there.
Fingers crossed.
I want Scott to be under pressure.
They only just scraped into the 8 after 2 soft kills in '18 (Freo & GC both at home the last 2 games) & the cliff has already seemed to arrive for some of the older guys who are going around again. Signing Ablett was an act of desperation from both party's.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They only just scraped into the 8 after 2 soft kills in '18 (Freo & GC both at home the last 2 games) & the cliff has already seemed to arrive for some of the older guys who are going around again. Signing Ablett was an act of desperation from both party's.

Heard a rumour that Michael Turner & Spiro Malakelis are both on their radar.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Training report this morning.

Boys are coming on to the track.
Edwards is looking good in his puma Skins.
Castagnafield is trying out his new puma king boots.
Hardwick is out in the middle of the ground in his Puma Coaches Jacket, gee he looks warm in it.
And finally our new Puma training Guernsey looks sensational.
More to come.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
While i was down in jolimont i thought i would pop down and see the mighty chockers train.
They started off with there usual training drill. Practising how to give up a 5 goal lead and then they went through how there so called good players disappear mid game.
It was unbelievable.
Degoey is doing his warm up sucking down his usual, 6 hotdogs.
Sidebottom left the track, he got scared of his own shadow.
Maynard is very vocal but no-one can understand a single word.
Treloar keeps staring towards punt rd, not sure he has recovered.
Elliott and Howe are asking for each others autograph.
And finally Bucks is in the middle, you tubing 'A real coach".
This club is going places....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users