Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
it didn’t end well for the last Ceaser that decided not to do the will of the people.

Lift

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
it didn’t end well for the last Ceaser that decided not to do the will of the people.

Lift

yeah.

people like Nelson Mandela, MLK, Keith Richards, Dustin Martin,

they come to understand their life isnt their own anymore.

what the *smile* taking caesar?

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Probably belongs elsewhere, but has the club lost its media department? Been bugger all coverage over the pre-season.

I don't have a problem with the cross promotion of the woman's team, however it seems the media resources don't have the bandwidth to cover the men's. And I certainly would prefer to watch highlights of training or an intraclub game than a miced-up Jayden Short during the team photo day.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Big Footy saying "even the lazy Bastards at PRE have stopped doing training reports"

I guess that makes me a lazy bastard :D

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Probably belongs elsewhere, but has the club lost its media department? Been bugger all coverage over the pre-season.

I don't have a problem with the cross promotion of the woman's team, however it seems the media resources don't have the bandwidth to cover the men's. And I certainly would prefer to watch highlights of training or an intraclub game than a miced-up Jayden Short during the team photo day.

At least Short was funny.
Training is a snorefest.
The lackadaisical trainers are usually the guns. And the hard trainers are usually duds.
Dont you rememeber Pettifier or Ben Holland "burning the track" during the preseason.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Shorty the footy club pest. Normally small skinny guys with annoying voices.

One of the best parts of footy clubs.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
too many ******* exits.

cant wait for mason coxexit, Brad scottexit, Chris scottexit, but most of all,

the biggest party will be Gil McLexit

Lets not be in a hurry for Gilexit ............that will likely lead to Bennyexit from the RFC ........... and I'm not up for that.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
2hr 30 min session today culminating in 20 minute 1st half & 15 minute 2nd half MATCHPLAY, (this was the real deal and separates itself from the game simulation drills i have reported on throughout the pre-season).

I'll disregard the regular portion of training as Matchplay trumps what has been covered Ad nauseam throughout.

Teams were set up as:

Mids:

Incumbents: Soldo Prestia Cotch Dusty Marlion Shedda

Hunters; CJ RCD Ross Dow

However you had the best forwards, JR8 Lynch etc lining up on our best defenders Grimes, Astbury etc. It goes without saying that meant the opposing forward line had the lesser forwards vs lesser defenders.

Who stood out:

A lot of the usual suspects : Prestia Dusty Shedda Bachar, (Bachar & Dion really pushing hard with their running, a highlight in itself considering their restricted/managed pre-season)
Soldo running more like a Gizale with menace rather than a lumbering Giraffe, (ok that might be an exaggeration but had it over CJ).
RCD: was really good winning plenty of ball inside and out. Copped a big hit in the 1st half, I think from Soldo?, but got up, played out the game and continued to play well, at one point bringing down Marlion in a tackle who tried to replicate his GF blind turn :) .
Bakes: a lively little bugger, played well even though I think his is one of the spots up for grabs.

Flashes of brilliance : and they were only flashes today came from Shai & Marlion.

Showed something: Thompson Dow seemed to pick up the game plan well and linked up well.

Balta was the most engaged he has been this pre-season.

Other comments: Stackman was quiet but seemed he may have been managed somewhat as he sat out the shuttles and 150's earlier in the session.

Appear to have come out unscathed from session.

We know the status of Nank and Graham but Fraser Turner also did not take part, seems to be labouring with his running in rehab so not sure what the issue is there.

Other than that a pretty healthy list, as far as the media goes no news is good news at this time of year.

PS: Don't ask me where everyone lined up the magnet board has gone missing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
2hr 30 min session today culminating in 20 minute 1st half & 15 minute 2nd half MATCHPLAY, (this was the real deal and separates itself from the game simulation drills i have reported on throughout the pre-season).

I'll disregard the regular portion of training as Matchplay trumps what has been covered Ad nauseam throughout.

Teams were set up as:

Mids:

Hunters; CJ RCD Ross Dow

However you had the best forwards, JR8 Lynch etc lining up on our best defenders Grimes, Astbury etc. It goes without saying that meant the opposing forward line had the lesser forwards vs lesser defenders.

Who stood out:

A lot of the usual suspects : Prestia Dusty Shedda Bachar, (Bachar & Dion really pushing hard with their running a highlight in itself considering their restricted/managed pre-season)
Soldo running more like a Gizale with menace rather than a lumbering Giraffe, (ok that might be an exaggeration but had it over CJ).
RCD: was really good winning plenty of ball inside and out. Copped a big hit in the 1st half, I think from Soldo?, but got up, played out the game and continued to play well, at one point bringing down Marlion in a tackle who tried to replicate his GF blind turn :) .
Bakes: a lively little bugger, played well even though I think his is one of the spots up for grabs.

Flashes of brilliance : and they were only flashes today came from Shai & Marlion.

Showed something: Thompson Dow seemed to pick up the game plan well and linked up well.

Other comments: Stackman was quite but seemed he may have been managed somewhat as he sat out the shuttles and 150's earlier in the session.

We know the status of Nank and Graham but Fraser Turner also did not take part, seems to be labouring with his running in rehab so not sure what the issue is there.

Other than that a pretty healthy list, as far as the media goes no news is good news at this time of year.

Onya, KnifeRack. Knew you had it in you. :clap2

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Teams were set up as:

Mids:

Hunters; CJ RCD Ross Dow

Who stood out:

A lot of the usual suspects : Prestia Dusty Shedda Bachar, (Bachar & Dion really pushing hard with their running, a highlight in itself considering their restricted/managed pre-season)

Other comments: Stackman was quiet but seemed he may have been managed somewhat as he sat out the shuttles and 150's earlier in the session.

Thanks again Julius.
Hail to you one more time oh great leader of training reports.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

More than happy for the also rans to pump up thier own tyres, a few of them will look very silly unless there is rapid improvement.