Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I reckon Dow is going to suprise a few this kid has talent. How were the Qld boys we drafted and Biggie and Chol.Spewing that Turner is injured could push for best 22 this year.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Once again caesar, thanks very much.
How did Ross look?

Ross didn't catch my eye which doesn't necessarily mean he didn't do anything, with half the list wearing bibs and plenty of hats for sun protection easy to miss stuff when you have 40 players to watch rather than the usual 22 in only 35 minute matchplay.
As far as how Ross looked, think PRE members will be rapt when they see him live and the shape he has come back in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Our security man Steve was lax yesterday ;) had a Herald Sun journo a few paces down from me that watched the whole session.

Have read his report, (which you can't see paywalled here), and it was a pretty accurate account except for not including RCD and Jack Ross in our "exceptional depth"

He even mentioned Baker's performance as i did so kudos to him for not getting blinded solely by the stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Our security man Steve was lax yesterday ;) had a Herald Sun journo a few paces down from me that watched the whole session.

Have read his report, (which you can't paywalled here), and it was a pretty accurate account except for not including RCD and Jack Ross in our "exceptional depth"

He even mentioned Baker's performance as i did so kudos to him for not getting blinded solely by the stars.

If it’s the Steve I think you mean, he would have been all over it.
if he didn’t show him out, there would be a reason.
right Taz?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If it’s the Steve I think you mean, he would have been all over it.
if he didn’t show him out, there would be a reason.
right Taz?

No, Steve wasn't even present roaming the fences that is why i said he was lax.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Clean bill? Premiers to hit 2020 in fine fettle

Jay Clark
Herald Sun
February 13, 2020 6:08pm

In a warning for the rest of the competition, the Tigers were missing only three senior players as they completed 35 minutes of match simulation in hot conditions at Punt Rd on Thursday.

Other than ruckman Toby Nankervis (groin), hard nut Jack Graham (shoulder) and rebounding defender Kamdyn McIntosh (ankle) all the big guns were out there with Dustin Martin playing about 70 per cent forward.

In the opening passage of play, skipper Trent Cotchin burst out of the centre square and hit the dual Norm Smith Medalist on the chest 30m out.

Even goal sneak Jack Higgins, who had a second bout of brain surgery last year, continued his remarkable recovery completing the whole session largely in the midfield.

Things are looking good for an early return for Higgins.

Grand Final hero Marlion Pickett showed he has more tricks than a brilliant blind turn, pulling out a wicked sidestep on another darting run down the middle early on in the piece.

Looking completely comfortable on the wing and in the centre square, the mature-age revelation looked like a man set to play 20 games in his second season of AFL in 2020.

What an incredible story he is, playing in a premiership in his only senior match.

But this year, Pickett seems almost certain to become a regular member of the senior team.

That’s despite the club’s ridiculous depth.

Sydney Stack and Shai Bolton both showed flare in the forward half yesterday, while livewire Liam Baker was another who was prominent off half back, seemingly taking up some of the slack from departed flanked Brandon Ellis.

Key defenders David Astbury, Nathan Broad and Dylan Grimes had things sorted down back as part of a defence which will be once again missing superstar Alex Rance.

Twin towers Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch led the forward set up alongside Martin, while Ivan Soldo took charge in the ruck as Nankervis completed run-throughs on the sidelines.

Nankervis and Graham are expected to be back in full training in coming weeks.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...h/news-story/6db2f72c4436f3414ce788ffbea7513f

Reactions: 6 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
As always @caesar fine work and much appreciated. ... ya gotta cover your notes though and make them lazy journos earn their keep!
Any update on training days, or just as we're doing at the moment? Thanks mate.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Thanks Caesar. When I saw your post pop up this morning, I had to go and make a cup of coffee to enjoy it!!

You mentioned our best backs played on the best forwards. Who came out on top? We have a really good backline but I'm intrigued as to whether our forward line is capable of beating the defence

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
As always @caesar fine work and much appreciated. ... ya gotta cover your notes though and make them lazy journos earn their keep!
Any update on training days, or just as we're doing at the moment? Thanks mate.

Believe they have a CLOSED session @ 8:30 tomorrow but no idea what sort of session it will be and i assume usual Monday and Thursday closed sessions next week starting from about 9:15am.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
At least Short was funny.
Training is a snorefest.
The lackadaisical trainers are usually the guns. And the hard trainers are usually duds.
Dont you rememeber Pettifier or Ben Holland "burning the track" during the preseason.
Fair dinkum Zips. Has PRE ever had a punter to surpass you that can dig up graves and split open coffins seeking ammunition for a thread?

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Ceaser is fast becoming part of the tiger-fabric, sitting alongside Konrad Marshall.

Deserves to be shouted beers, alongside that bloke from Nelligen!

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks Caesar. When I saw your post pop up this morning, I had to go and make a cup of coffee to enjoy it!!

You mentioned our best backs played on the best forwards. Who came out on top? We have a really good backline but I'm intrigued as to whether our forward line is capable of beating the defence

The defence held their own was a good battle but they would be glad they don't have to man up Dusty when he goes forward :)

Reactions: 1 user

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Excited for Jack Ross this year, dropped 9kgs since he first walked into the club, will be able to cover much more ground

Reactions: 8 users