Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
These people are athletes not super heroes.

You can’t just turn it on after 2 months on the sidelines. He will need at least 3-4 games to do so.

The same will apply to Riewoldt and Nankervis.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Smoking Aces said:
These people are athletes not super heroes.

You can’t just turn it on after 2 months on the sidelines. He will need at least 3-4 games to do so.

The same will apply to Riewoldt and Nankervis.

Bingo. Had over ten contested possessions in the first quarter, only player to do that all year.

Ran out of petrol tickets. That’s fine. Showed glimpses. Nothing to worry about.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
A living legend of the club with only a couple of top shelf years left in him. I suggest a few posters in this thread sit back and appreciate what they're watching while they still can.

In that first quarter, he threw himself at the contest in the most Richmond way possible.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
antman said:
Second game back from a serious hammy and people want him to retire FFS

Exactly.
Deserves at least another game or two before forcing his hand.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Wow some on here questioning whether he is shot.
FFS honestly what are you people smoking.
He had 7 weeks not playing.
I think some on here should just sit and enjoy their Big Macs and Fries.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
SCOOP said:
Bingo. Had over ten contested possessions in the first quarter, only player to do that all year.

Ran out of petrol tickets. That’s fine. Showed glimpses. Nothing to worry about.

Exactly, Scoop. Do some posters have no idea what it's like for a player to come back from a 7 wk injury and need time to get back to match fitness, in an era of AFL where mids commonly almost sprint 13-15 Ks per game?

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
SCOOP said:

Yep.
Gives his all, does the skipper, all the time.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
tigertime2 said:
I think Edwards got more out of the players than Cotchin has this year. Love Cotchy. Premiership captain. However we cant have him, Prestia and Martin in the same midfield.

yep. we will never win a premiership with those 3 in the team.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
123kid said:
A living legend of the club with only a couple of top shelf years left in him. I suggest a few posters in this thread sit back and appreciate what they're watching while they still can.

In that first quarter, he threw himself at the contest in the most Richmond way possible.

Yep. lol.

Some posters really have very little idea.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Brodders17 said:
yep. we will never win a premiership with those 3 in the team.

I only said midfield - but your saying even in the team wow that is taking it a bit far ;D

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He has done a wonderful job over 10+ years, but it’s over now
We need to ‘Ryan Griffen’ him.
Clubs around the world farewell favourites & captains all the time.
It’s not the end of world, it’s not like this club hasn’t off load a captain before or had a captain look else at the end of a contract.
What’s the difference of off loading now all waiting 12 months?
It’s a business, if production isn’t up you need to update.

GC needs leaders.