Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Interestingly he wasn’t limping or had ice on it. Anyway, Melbourne and Carlton next 2 weeks...
probably one of my silly comments, however just like Reiwoldt when he chaired somebody of the ground when he had his pcl, I’m unsure why the skip needed to chair Houli of last night, I’ve got chronic hammys and it doesn’t take much to Nik or twinge one, especially when lifting

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
probably one of my silly comments, however just like Reiwoldt when he chaired somebody of the ground when he had his pcl, I’m unsure why the skip needed to chair Houli of last night, I’ve got chronic hammys and it doesn’t take much to Nik or twinge one, especially when lifting

Time to send him to the German Doctor, look what he did for Grimesy

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I thought it just reinforced that theres nothing really wrong.

A cleverly stage managed paternity leave.

I reckon if scores were level at 3/4 time he wouldve put the jumper back on

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That what i reckon.

Hes thought 'I can back myself for most goals and self report, do a hammy, or step away to focus on my mental health'

Have a nice month with Trent Jr. capt'

Lots of ball work with him.
Yep. I noticed it when Dimma hugged him and ruffled his hair.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
There is no way he would have come off in the 1st qtr if he wasn't injured.
Agrre with that but maybe (and hopefully) like others are saying it was very much a precautionary thing and not a tear like the previous occasions this year.
Fingers crossed anyway.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The fact he stayed in his kit for a while makes me think it's not bad. If we weren't winning I reckon we could have seen him back out there again

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
The fact he stayed in his kit for a while makes me think it's not bad. If we weren't winning I reckon we could have seen him back out there again
Yeah I thought he wasn’t done as he didn’t even put a jacket on until after 1/4 time. No Ice either which seems the norm on a hammy injury. Cotchin himself described it as awareness so may only be tight and not strained at all

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Richmond say its a hammy...so I reckon its a hammy. With the his run of them this year he will be lucky to be back for the last game.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wisest move would be to tuck him away until at least our Brisvegas game. Give him as much time as possible to rehab n strengthen the hammy's, then get a game in to find touch before the finals. Been having some old man issues with them hammy's has Cotch, so it would be crazy to push for an earlier return even if it's only awareness.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I thought it just reinforced that theres nothing really wrong.

A cleverly stage managed paternity leave.

I reckon if scores were level at 3/4 time he wouldve put the jumper back on

Usually a father would commence paternity leave AFTER a baby is born.

I'm in the bit worried camp. Repetitive soft tissue injuries is always a concern at his age. A bit Delidio-esque. No ice so hopefully just being extremely cautious.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If that was a Final, he would’ve stayed on the ground.
It’s all precautionary.
He is only needed for 3 games in September. Then he can hand over the captaincy to Castagna.

Reactions: 1 user