Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
*smile* parrot is a fkwit.
Cotchin was cleared by 3 X footballers on the tribunal.
The was contact made while in the action of the game.
Im surprised he isn't wearing a Melbourne jumper
So Clench on Flossy last year n Tommyhawk on May were just unfortunate in play incidents, yet Cotchinator on Sheil four years ago was evil opponent assassination.
It's no wonder I rate sports journo's at about the same level as politicians. Wouldn't stop to *smile* on the bastards if they were on fire in the street.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
And there are a few things about the Cotchin Shiel collision that they never mention. When Shiel got up after it, he immediately grabbed at his shoulder, not his head. He was checked, came back on and played very well. He was collected by Astbury and that’s when he was assessed as concussed.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Is Cotch's time near? Looks too slow against good opposition. Thought he's been found out a bit this year.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
If he’s carrying an injury should take off to get himself right
if he isn’t carrying an injury he should contemplate life after footy and retire at seasons end

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I watched him at the game tonight. He's struggling to get to contests. Is very much a burst player now, where he gives his all in one contest, and then goes missing. Can't give repeat efforts, and has lost ability to run and spread and be an offensive option. It's really hurting us against teams that spread from the contest well like Melbourne did tonight.

Can Cotch play more as a permanent small forward? Might suit his burst style. He does have clean hands and can still create opportunities. The Rioli/Castagna/Aarts combo isn't working, so time to try something different. Maybe Cotch can play a role there and we try RCD in the midfield.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If you follow him on Twitter.
He was everywhere today.
At the Gym, at the shops with the kids.
Shouldnt the captain spend the afternoon preparing for the game?
He looked spent tonight.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I've said he's been struggling. Again tonight was poor. They're limiting his minutes but he's really battling to impact the game. Can he work into the season or have we seen his best?

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I've said he's been struggling. Again tonight was poor. They're limiting his minutes but he's really battling to impact the game. Can he work into the season or have we seen his best?

I feel the latter. I think this could easily be his last year, despite his public words to the contrary. Really battled.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I watched him at the game tonight. He's struggling to get to contests. Is very much a burst player now, where he gives his all in one contest, and then goes missing. Can't give repeat efforts, and has lost ability to run and spread and be an offensive option. It's really hurting us against teams that spread from the contest well like Melbourne did tonight.

Can Cotch play more as a permanent small forward? Might suit his burst style. He does have clean hands and can still create opportunities. The Rioli/Castagna/Aarts combo isn't working, so time to try something different. Maybe Cotch can play a role there and we try RCD in the midfield.

Saw the same and despite us being 2 down he sat on the pine for a lot of the game (think it was about 68% tog). I don't think our interchanges changed in the last 10 minutes or so.

I've been thinking the same as him as a half forward / small forward. He's damn good when the ball hits the ground and his tackling pressure and hurt factor will worry half backs. We could also use him as a run with if someone like Salem got off the chain again.

Feel his time in the middle is coming to an end and I don't think he's a good enough kick to move to half back.