Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

I’m not sold on our young mids in the VFL. And we certainly have nothing coming through at all in terms of KPF’s. (And CCJ is not one either. He’s a ruckman. He’s waaaay too slow to play as a KPF.)

Our depth looks a lot weaker than it was a couple of years ago. Somewhat understandable.

I’m not averse to going all in at the 2021 Draft and not trading away for mature players from other clubs. Not trading for RFA’s or anything.
Completely agree. All in this draft makes sense to me - and if we could bundle a pick and player to get lower, I'd do it.

I haven't read a single thing yet on the Game Day thread, but I will say that Bachar was really disappointing last night. And the Port game too I thought. I get the impression from listening to Bachar in the media this year that he still wants to keep playing next year. I wouldnt if I was the Club, as much as it would be nice to farewell him, if he's that keen to go on, I'd trade him and a pick to get a slightly lower pick.

Reactions: 1 user
Completely agree. All in this draft makes sense to me - and if we could bundle a pick and player to get lower, I'd do it.

I haven't read a single thing yet on the Game Day thread, but I will say that Bachar was really disappointing last night. And the Port game too I thought. I get the impression from listening to Bachar in the media this year that he still wants to keep playing next year. I wouldnt if I was the Club, as much as it would be nice to farewell him, if he's that keen to go on, I'd trade him and a pick to get a slightly lower pick.

You don't get anything for players his age. Look at what the Hawks got for trading our their veteran players. I wouldn't trade him, its unfair for his legacy. Its either play on for another year or delist / retire (similar to Kade Simpson.

Reactions: 1 users
You don't get anything for players his age. Look at what the Hawks got for trading our their veteran players. I wouldn't trade him, its unfair for his legacy. Its either play on for another year or delist / retire (similar to Kade Simpson.

in Bachars book, he talks very honestly about losing his desire and love for footy at the start of 2020.

theres a bit of that going on at the moment I reckon. Cotchy may have a touch of the impotences. Big Tom probably too. maybe Danny? Notorius clearly has late onset 2nd year blues.

it will pass about Thursday I reckon

in Bachars book, he talks very honestly about losing his desire and love for footy at the start of 2020.

theres a bit of that going on at the moment I reckon.

It’s also Ramadan, so he’s fasting. I know he’s said he can deal with it, but being older now and all it must have some effect on him.

It’s also Ramadan, so he’s fasting. I know he’s said he can deal with it, but being older now and all it must have some effect on him.

Dimma wants to extend Ramadan cause he reckons it and September is when Bach plays best.

but yeah it could be impacting.

If Big Tom sprouts a big thick beard, we'll know why hes duffing chest marks

Starting to look like the Cotchinator is slipping into Grandpa beige cardy n slippers mode. Might simply because we had easy half the side played *smile* against a hungry n desperate side but I don't think I've ever seen Cotch so ineffective for a game.

It’s about whether he wants to play on and whether we try and trade so he gets another gig, which is what I think he wants.

The club won’t give him another year I don’t think. Nor should it.

he may have lost his passion not sure. Yet he keeps talking about playing on.

I’m not sold on our young mids in the VFL. And we certainly have nothing coming through at all in terms of KPF’s. (And CCJ is not one either. He’s a ruckman. He’s waaaay too slow to play as a KPF.)

Our depth looks a lot weaker than it was a couple of years ago. Somewhat understandable.

I’m not averse to going all in at the 2021 Draft and not trading away for mature players from other clubs. Not trading for RFA’s or anything.
I think we have to go deep to the draft the next few years. When the end comes (and I'm not saying its now) it wont be a matter of having to replace one or two, it will be many over a pretty short period. Some through age. Some because they are good enough in a team on top but not good enough to keep a team on top. A cliff edge in some ways. Temporarily fighting gravity by trading picks for top-ups might keep us competitive for a bit longer but it wont be enough for the next premiership team. See Hawthorn. Free agency of course can help too.

theres a bit of that going on at the moment I reckon. Cotchy may have a touch of the impotences. Big Tom probably too. maybe Danny? Notorius clearly has late onset 2nd year blues.

Maybe a hangover from the effort it would have taken to win in 2020. I think people ignore just how hard 2020 was and going all the way must have taken something out of our players. Geez, even Martin is injured, unheard of.

Might have a dud year paying for the 2020 triumph.

DS

Leysy might need a return to the thread for the first time after all and sundry wanted the captaincy stripped in 16' it seems.

Not a fan of all the social media stuff, I know it's all about "personal brand" and building an income while they are in footy and potentially once they finish up, but it seems like a distraction. Cotch is a professional but posting all that stuff on the day of a big game when you end up getting smashed is not a good look.

Captain’s game in every sense . Led by example again. Dragged the team and they stood up with him.
Hope the hammy is ok

Reactions: 2 users
Normally when I get upset I jump on my phone.
Why didn’t anyone give him his phone when he went off?
Would have help cheer him up

well that sucks, Hammy again, time we looked into playing him ONLY when needed from a fitness point of view etc during the H&A games and have him ready to go for the Finals, his leadership is unquestionable when the year is on the line, rest up Champ and see you in a month or so.....

Merging Cotchin and Hardwick, I reckon it’s tightness and they’re going to give him a couple off, just to get it right.

Carried us in that 3rd quarter.

Set the tone, set the standard and everyone else followed.

What a leader.

Dust to take this role next week.

Some sleepless nights for Stanley this week