Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

One of Richmond football clubs greatest should never be doubted , Schooled the pretenders in the 3/4 quarter

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just get him to September then he can hold the cup up again.

Skippa chimp our champion!!!

Was classic Chimp savagery second half

Reactions: 6 users
My read is it's a reasonable one.

I noticed early he kicked of his left foot from a stop play at one stage, so they may have been rolling the dice from the start.

I think they rolled the dice. He didn’t play in the last quarter last week, and didn’t dare to push his body beyond a 12 disposal game.

Due to the club’s win-loss column, Trent likely played tight off a 6 day break. I doubt he plays if this is Round 20 and we have the points.

We need to be smarter managing older players. Geelong said they need to let their old players rest, and they should know, they have an army of them.

Trent might’ve been the difference between and a win and a loss tonight, so it’s never an easy risk assessment to make.

Reactions: 2 users
I think they rolled the dice. He didn’t play in the last quarter last week, and didn’t dare to push his body beyond a 12 disposal game.

Due to the club’s win-loss column, Trent likely played tight off a 6 day break. I doubt he plays if this is Round 20 and we have the points.

We need to be smarter managing older players. Geelong said they need to let their old players rest, and they should know, they have an army of them.

Trent might’ve been the difference between and a win and a loss tonight, so it’s never an easy risk assessment to make.

I think theres zero chance we win last night without Cotchy.

so if he has to recover for 6 weeks, it was worth it.

those of us that said the result last night wouldnt define our season, were kidding ourselves.

fingers crossed its a tweek and a fortnight,

but Im ok with paying the ferryman 6 bits

Reactions: 3 users
He showed again why he is the best skip in the league.

Written off this week and came out and did that for his club.

Hopefully not too serious, but injuries don't worry us, we seem to be able to come back harder, faster, stronger.

Trent may actually like a little breather and gives our kids some quality match time.

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else think he looked slightly teary when interviewed after the game?
As if maybe he's thinking this might be it?
Didn't notice, reckon there might've been a few Dogs players a bit teary after the Chimp savaged them.

Hardwick challenged his leader.
Cotchin and his senior team mates weren’t comfortable with the loss to Melbourne. It didn’t sit right with them.
Cotchin stood up and did what he normally does in big games.
Stock standard responded from a Champion

Reactions: 6 users
Geez the Chimp was really winding up into some classic form too in that second half. Geez.

i reckon he'd only have half a dozen halves like that in him this season.

and we need 6 in september

Reactions: 4 users
Best game of the season. Brutal in the contest and his disposal was a lot better.

Such a shame he's looking like being out for a while. Handy to have the best player in the competition to come in to replace him.

Going to script. Cotchin does a hammy or 2, rests up and comes back to hold up the cup.

• Love