Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

It's easy with hindsight, but it would've been good to have the Chimp on the pine for the last 5 minutes like he is quite often.

Reactions: 1 user
Going to script. Cotchin does a hammy or 2, rests up and comes back to hold up the cup.
:mhihi Why am I thinking the same way Harold? Dusty takes a holiday, Prestia more time off, Vloss more time off. Wouldn't be surprised if SHocking calls the FBI into this.

Reactions: 1 users
:mhihi Why am I thinking the same way Harold? Dusty takes a holiday, Prestia more time off, Vloss more time off. Wouldn't be surprised if SHocking calls the FBI into this.
Hahaha.

SHocking will announce tomorrow that he's banning Richmond injuries.

Just too much of an advantage for us !

Hardwick challenged his leader.
Cotchin and his senior team mates weren’t comfortable with the loss to Melbourne. It didn’t sit right with them.
Cotchin stood up and did what he normally does in big games.
Stock standard responded from a Champion

It was a Captain's game.

And boy, did the team follow him.

Cotch out for a number of weeks will give RCD and Ross plenty of opportunity to show what they've got.

Did anyone else think he looked slightly teary when interviewed after the game?
As if maybe he's thinking this might be it?
I think he looked emotional, but think it was more "here we go again" rather than "that's the end of me". I think he'll be back in 4-6 weeks, and he'll be managed through to the rest of the year.

Next year is a different story - particularly if we win the flag again. I remember a long time ago he said he'd retire if we won one flag. If we win a 4th, I could see him going out on the highest of highs.

He was quite brilliant, and brutal last night. So inspiring. I think this and the Port Adelaide game this year have been his best. There's still lots of petrol in the tank mentally. I hope the body can support him.

Champions game from possibly the greatest leader our club has seen.

Crazy the knockers writing his decline both on here and in the media.

Still a star.

Reactions: 10 users
Played extremely well & rose to the challenge after a poor start to the season but there's no sugar coating that his hamstring is now a genuine problem. Have lost count of how many times he's strained it now. Hopefully we can squeeze one more year out of our champion Skip.

Reactions: 3 users
Played extremely well & rose to the challenge after a poor start to the season but there's no sugar coating that his hamstring is now a genuine problem. Have lost count of how many times he's strained it now. Hopefully we can squeeze one more year out of our champion Skip.

Reckon there's some group think that Chimp has been poor. Leysy aint buying.

Average against Swans and Dees but other games been excellent ILHO. Huge against Port.

Still has everything it takes to maintain his outstanding performance and the weeks off could end up a blessing. Freshen his body up for the last 10 weeks then finals.

Saying that, would love us to make it easier on hid body by moving him away from the middle. With his attack on the ball and the best second/third efforts we've seen along with clean ground ball game would star at any end of the of ground.

Reactions: 5 users
I think he looked emotional, but think it was more "here we go again" rather than "that's the end of me". I think he'll be back in 4-6 weeks, and he'll be managed through to the rest of the year.

Next year is a different story - particularly if we win the flag again. I remember a long time ago he said he'd retire if we won one flag. If we win a 4th, I could see him going out on the highest of highs.

He was quite brilliant, and brutal last night. So inspiring. I think this and the Port Adelaide game this year have been his best. There's still lots of petrol in the tank mentally. I hope the body can support him.
Would love to nurse him to 300 games

Reckon there's some group think that Chimp has been poor. Leysy aint buying.
All good Daisy. I’m not sure what others are thinking but I usually form my own opinions. Was happy to see the Skip played really well last night & acknowledged it. Don’t agree he’s been great this year though until last night. Just a shame he’s done his hamstring again after such a terrific performance. Hopefully comes back well after recovery.

Reactions: 2 users
The hamstring is a major concern. I doubt we will see him for a long time unfortunately... predicting a very lengthy layoff.

I thought his performance after half time was unbelievable. He cracks in as hard as anyone going around....incredible leader.

4 weeks. Not the end of the world.

Has he tweaked his hammy in every premiership year? Good sign if it’s the case.