Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I think he’s got one more year in him. Not fussed whether he retains the captaincy or not. Just want him to go out on top - and not dragging a busted body over the line.

Yeah, I reckon one more year, but the body already looks a bit busted after all he has done. He'll drag himself across the line and hopefully show just how good he has been for a long time.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
An extended break will do him the world of good. Trent is the type to call it early rather than hang on too long, but I wouldn't rule out two more years if he comes back in good nick. Don't underestimate the toll long seasons and last year's short off-season have had, and how well he might recover after a good rest. Trent is a man of steel and the ultimate competitor. He wants another flag. If we get it next year, he might say that's enough or he might say righto, let's get five.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yeah, I reckon one more year, but the body already looks a bit busted after all he has done. He'll drag himself across the line and hopefully show just how good he has been for a long time.

DS
His body does look busted DS.

Hope the rest does him good.
Deserves it.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

DS
I hope he does do well with the 2 month longer break and he can finish the season running not merely crawling over the line.
If he drops early I fear we will be looking at a mid season retirement. It was sad to see him unable to get to the third, fourth contests like he did for so many years.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I hope he does do well with the 2 month longer break and he can finish the season running not merely crawling over the line.
If he drops early I fear we will be looking at a mid season retirement. It was sad to see him unable to get to the third, fourth contests like he did for so many years.
He won't go on and scatter mid season.
It sets the club back. Either he prepares himself for a long pre-season after a good break or he calls a day. Its to allow the club to plan for the future.
Cotchin dosent need an extra year to prove anything.
He is greatest captain of this club since the Days of Bentley, Royce and Dyer.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Groom? was that pun intended?
And does that rule out Graham and Vlastuin?, neither of whom have the hair to ever live up to the high standard that has been set.
Now more than ever shows how much we needed to hang onto Markov!

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
the turnover game is killing captain cotch. he'll be done with it before next season is out. getting caught between contests, can't do it no more.

play a clearance game. a stoppage game. this could add a year or two of good service from Trent, Selwood-style. this would also make us less predictable, give the players a new lease of life and align with new rules being introduced (often without appropriate consultation).

make sense to me, at least.

Last edited:

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Trent Cotchin officially to stay on as Captain for 2022 season
Nice one, DTLD!
Nothing on RFC website, you have inside info?
Not bagging the move, just questioning why now?
What's the rush?

Start pre-season.
See if anyone emerges or blossoms as a future leader.
Come back in the new year.
Can make an announcement in early Feb or March.
Seems a little stange.
Again nothing against The Chimpah.
Love the guy and what he has done for the RFC.
Triple Premiership Tiger Captain, YEAH!
Phenomenal leader. Set new standards.
Hard, uncompromising attack on the Sherrin and anyone in his way.
Legend.

Could have had a relaxing last year without the stress and groomed someone for the gig.
(and yes he can still do that as Captain)
I would play him 3 weeks on then a week off. No plane trips.
Couldn't possibly play every week, IMHO.

However, what do I know?
Let's hope he can get his body right for another tilt.
In Chimpah we trust.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Trent Cotchin officially to stay on as Captain for 2022 season
Best Captain ive seen in over 45 years of watching this game.
His efforts in that final series in 2017 will have him sit nicely next too Royce Hart and Jack Dyer.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just don't tell D.Shiel and the rest of the league who think he should have been rubbed out.
The media love him before that bump and ever since they have lined up to give it to him.
His goal against Geelong,
You need to search for it. if was Bompmytelly or Dangerfield you would see it in a commercial in every series for the next 10 years.
They show Leo Barry's mark
Boyds goal, Sheed's goal, Shaw's smoother, Luke Ball's goal, buddy's goal, Hodges goal but nothing from Riewodlts 2 marks in 17, Rioli's handball to Dusty in 2019, Cotchins goals in 17 and 19 and Dustys goal last year

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It started before the bump. They lined him up after Jab was stripped of the Brownlow.
Nah. Not before 2017.
The hate is real.
The bump is a good reason for them but its unexplained.
Compare the sounds of the media describing Selwood to Cotchin.
Its polar opposite.
I would have Cotchin alongside Luke Hodge of the best captain in the last 25 years. Since the days of the Kernahans Worsfolds, etc.
David King and Mick Warner are the only 2 that bring up his name.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Best Captain ive seen in over 45 years of watching this game.
His efforts in that final series in 2017 will have him sit nicely next too Royce Hart and Jack Dyer.
yeah agree, watched them this week, far out that Chimp was Fast n furious, 2021 Chimp is a universe apart from 2017 Chimp