TV for Overseas PREers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV for Overseas PREers

lisamaree said:
How can I watch game in lasVegas?
I'm not an international member

What I have from afltv.afl.com.au is a 120 AUD season pass, but you can get one week for 14 AUD. Doesn't seem much to pay if all you need is the one game.

Brooklyn Tiger said:
find someone who has Fox Soccer Plus. Its on live at 11:30pm.
Thanks for that!! Ended up watching it on the big screen in the sports lounge at the bellagio, turns out there was a few of us Aussies there!

23.21.159 said:
It does if it's the end of the night, rather than the beginning of the day!

Drank it most days(nights) when I lived in Sweden. Best 'generic' beer in the world.

Heading off to North East England in early August so will be away for the Hawthorn and Brisbane games and in London for the Carlton match. Where would I be able to watch those games, any ideas?

tiger1960 said:
Heading off to North East England in early August so will be away for the Hawthorn and Brisbane games and in London for the Carlton match. Where would I be able to watch those games, any ideas?

Unfortunately the Carlton game will start at 5.10am. Not many bars open then I'm afraid. Anyone in London for a tigers night game (10.40am start) can head to Philomena's Irish Bar, 40 Great Queen St, Covent Garden. They have Espn and Epsn 2 as well as about 4 sky sports channels and free to air sport. Just returning from there and watch socceroos vs Jordan there from 10am. British and Irish lions were playing Nsw country at the same time and the place was packed, but they were happy to switch over one tv for a few Aussies.

Otherwise www.lmgtfy.com

(Let me google that for you)

I'm in New York, have espn & espn2 in my hotel room. Does anybody know if the footy might be on either of those channels? Don't want to wake up early for no good reason!

lisamaree said:
I'm in New York, have espn & espn2 in my hotel room. Does anybody know if the footy might be on either of those channels? Don't want to wake up early for no good reason!

AFL isn't on ESPN anymore.....ESPN didn't renew their AFL contract this year and so the AFL will be on Fox Soccer or Fox Soccer Plus.

I normally go here, it's in Manhattan http://www.theaustraliannyc.com/
Or try one of the Outback restaurants. http://www.outback.com/

AFLTV offering a free pass for round 13 this weekend... tigers game broadcast for sure.. just need to register..

http://afltv.afl.com.au/

Coburgtiger said:
That's alright thanks anyway! Guess I'll have to do with the game day thread.

Game day thread with radio streaming from the AFL site isn't a bad combo if you don't have a video feed.

So, the AFL now has a live streaming account for anyone overseas which has weekly, monthly or yearly memberships that live streams every game for anyone living outside of Australia. Importantly, this weekend they have a free trial, which I just signed up to and was able to watch the Melbourne game perfectly on my phone, using only the wifi of the hotel.

Looks like I'll get to watch the game tonight!

Coburgtiger said:
So, the AFL now has a live streaming account for anyone overseas which has weekly, monthly or yearly memberships that live streams every game for anyone living outside of Australia. Importantly, this weekend they have a free trial, which I just signed up to and was able to watch the Melbourne game perfectly on my phone, using only the wifi of the hotel.

Working a treat too! :D

Coburgtiger said:

Buy an International Membership next year and your subscription comes with it!