TV for Overseas PREers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV for Overseas PREers

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Ian4 said:
does anyone know if our next 2 games will be shown live on the australia network in asia? i will be in KL for the swans game and Bali for the hawks game...

cheers.

Next you'll be pushing for us to play our home games in Bali and KL.

;D

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
There is guy (a fellow Tiger as it happens) who posts Footy Classified full episodes online for anyone interested. Nine annoyingly only post it as chopped up segments with embedded ads and out of sequence. PM me for the link.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I seem to be having trouble reaching the sites that cannot be named for fear of the post being binned quicker than a cat caught in a torrential rain storm.

Anyone el.se having the same problems ?

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
I see the great humanitarian Abbott is ditching Australia Network to punish Aunty for telling no lies.

Sure is going to hurt all of us overseas schmucks that love our AFL.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He's a knob. But Rudd tried the same thing.

Anyway, knowing this government, Aus Net will drop the footy and a Murdoch channel will pick it up.

I know the last time it looked like AN would lose the AFL, Sentana were in negotiations to pick it up.

Also, the streaming AFL service isn't too bad at all especially as you can get an RFC members package that includes it.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Baloo said:
Sentana were in negotiations to pick it up.
I know we've got a ripping theme song Balooga, but what would Carlos want with it? :whistle :theyareontome

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
TigerMasochist said:
I know we've got a ripping theme song Balooga, but what would Carlos want with it? :whistle :theyareontome

I reckon he'd do a brilliant cover. Then they could show it on Setanta Sports

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
scottyturnerscurse said:
However much it pains me to say it, the streaming on afl.com.au is pretty good.

Wait till its available in HD, then you will love it

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
SkillzThatKillz said:
Wait till its available in HD, then you will love it

I hope my 200Mb FTTH connection and cope with the speeds.... If not I can upgrade to 1Gb

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Baloo said:
I hope my 200Mb FTTH connection and cope with the speeds.... If not I can upgrade to 1Gb

I was told last year that the AFL website would be implementing replays domestically on their site in HD for 2014 - free for Bigpond users.

Haven't heard anything since but there is no reason they can't implement live streaming/replays in HD with todays technology.

They should take a look at the NBA.tv app to appease footy fans after handing out the dribble that is SD in recent history.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That NBA.tv live stream certainly is what the AFL should be trying to emulate.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I don't know if this is hidden away somewhere in the previous 31 pages - but - OSN1 is playing all NAB Challenge games live.

Cheers

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I don't know if this is hidden away somewhere in the previous 31 pages - but - OSN1 is playing all NAB Challenge games live.

Cheers

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Been traveling a lot recently so only just sent RFC my CC to renew membership, are RFC still offering the AFL overseas Live coverage? last year it was said to be just for Tigers games but i actually was able to watch every game :) i guess its only a hundred bucks or so for AFL so would do that if only Tigers games..