TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Watched first episode and a half of Reacher on Amzaon Prime, (internet then *smile* itself), so far so good, closer to the books, and more Reacher-like than the Tom Cruise debacles.

I binged it in 2 days. I liked it, its no masterpiece but it is pulpy fun and very tense.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I binged it in 2 days. I liked it, its no masterpiece but it is pulpy fun and very tense.
Finished it last night as well. Good fun, some violence, sex and detective work, hanging out for season 2, 25 books, plenty of material.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
The after party on Apple TV not bad so far IMO. Each episode done from a different cinematic style and different characters point of view so leads you one way then creates a different perspective on the same set of events. Fairly light but clever methinks.

Swan song movie on Apple TV as well also interesting from plot / story and well acted. Much heavier / drama. Black mirror type of story but don’t want to say more than that as you work it out as you watch.

Barbieup

Tiger Cub
Nov 13, 2021
Can't believe how people still apply to get on The Chase.......this quiz show is a fraud.
I was on it a coupla years ago. 6 hours in the studio and sitting around for NOTHING. Not even a set of knives. Only two of us got through, and we had chances, we were against the big guy, he got a few wrong (on purpose?) But we couldn't capitalise.

Barbieup

Tiger Cub
Nov 13, 2021
Still a great show but hard to remember all the plot points after so long.

Season Three of Afterlife on Netflix is much like season 2. Hit and miss but feels a bit like the same thing over again.
Afterlife - you watch with a different POV when you have recent loss in the family. I thought he couldn't match the ginger c*** comment from season one.

I watched Stephen Merchant in Four Lives recently, based on a true story, no laughs, he was good and creepy.

Reactions: 1 users

Barbieup

Tiger Cub
Nov 13, 2021
Yeah, wasn't sure at first but I'm now hooked.

The other I just finished was mayor of Kingstown with Jeremy Renner & Dianne Wiest. Not a feel good show, pretty depressing all the way through. Worth a look if you're bored.

Dexter's revival, meh, but he's (spoiler alert) definitely dead now so no more sequels
They mumble in Kingstown! Or my hearing is shot! Have you seen Mare of Easttown? That's a ripper.

I liked Dexter the first time around, until about season five. Once Trinity was gone. Blurg. The revival is OK. It couldn't end like it did last time, that was nonsense. The books are good reading too.

Barbieup

Tiger Cub
Nov 13, 2021
Watched the first 3 episodes of '1883', as a Western fan, really enjoyed it so far.
Sam Elliott is excellent as the hard arse wagon train leader, but it's a great ensemble cast.
Yes, I'm liking it too. I tried to watch Yellowstone years ago, but I couldn't get into it, too many beards, they all looked the same. But I started 1883 and went back and binged Yellowstone, to the point hating Beth and Jimmy. I know the husband and wife are singers IRL, I've read they're not going to break out into song though. I know the names, but don't know much about country or western music after Kenny and Dolly.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Huge shout out to all the PRE legends that recommended Mr Inbetween.

Wow. Incredible show!

Amazing music selections too. Brilliant series.

Reactions: 6 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just watched Rooney on Amazon. ...... probably a bit watered-down to how things really were, but enjoyed it.
*smile* he could play..... hard to believe he's only 37..... he has what I'd call ...... a well lived in head!

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Huge shout out to all the PRE legends that recommended Mr Inbetween.

Wow. Incredible show!

Amazing music selections too. Brilliant series.
The best!!!!!!! don't think have ever read-watched a series but about to make an exception to get through the abyss.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth

Show Me The Money​

A Stan Original Documentary Series. Premieres March 10. • Inside the deals and dramas of the AFL.

After the Grand Final siren, the real business of footy begins. Players, agents and clubs let us in for an unprecedented look inside the deal-making and drama of the AFL off-season.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If anyone is into Zombie movies/shows just watched a good Korean series on Netflix called All of us are Dead
Might have to think about taking a look. Just about finished watching Squid game, finally n that's been a hoot compared to the crap that's available most of the time.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Watched first episode and a half of Reacher on Amzaon Prime, (internet then *smile* itself), so far so good, closer to the books, and more Reacher-like than the Tom Cruise debacles.
I'm a real fan of the books and I was pretty weary of watching the new series. Never considered watching the movies. I made my partner watch the first episode first and she thought I'd love it so I gave it a go. Fantastic! Well paced and the guy playing Reacher was amazingly close to the image I had created in my head of the character. And it doesn't try to be anything more than it is-just good entertainment.