U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Popcorn washed down with some MAGA koolaid.

Right now its all about recounts - ok, the maximum change in any state recount in history in the US has been around 1500 votes. No help there on the river card as they say in World Series Poker.

But lawyers and courts you say! OK, courts care about what is provable. Watched the Republican lawyer who successfully won the 2000? election for Bush against Gore. He says you've got to have hard physical evidence - courts aren't interested otherwise. He said its very hard to go after the fact and try to construct evidence to support widespread fraud. Particularly when it didn't happen.

He sees the chance of Trump winning enough of these cases to make a difference is basically zero.
I'm not buying into it at this stage but as someone who creates software for a living, the explanations for Republican votes registering as Democrat due to voting machines needing a "software upgrade" are ridiculous. I'm sure there is a proper explanation and I'd be interested to hear it.

I'm not buying into it at this stage but as someone who creates software for a living, the explanations for Republican votes registering as Democrat due to voting machines needing a "software upgrade" are ridiculous. I'm sure there is a proper explanation and I'd be interested to hear it.
That's the sort of line you tell senior management when they'd get lost with anything more technical. Like 70yo politicians would.

Joe has set the tone.

Its time for science. Time for credible verifiable information, from a consensus of those with unquestionable credentials, those from reputable organisations.

Credible evidence and evaluation has been evolving for centuries. We have the most powerful tool ever for finding it. Dosn't take to long to seperate misinformation from the lunatic fringe. Ignore the fog horns. They lead to self-serving information. Agenda based organisations can find alternative facts from "experts" that have no systematic review.

Systematic review of clinical evidence collaborate "opinions" to convince practitioners of a current consensus. This is an ongoing evolution that is continually researched and reviewed to form the most reliable information available at this moment in time.

Reactions: 3 users

Oh, I work in software too and absolutely nothing surprises me about old software on shitty systems created by some dodgy company to poor specifications from a government body in bumfuck somewhere 20 years ago.

That's the sort of line you tell senior management when they'd get lost with anything more technical. Like 70yo politicians would.

The thing is if there was a bug or misconfiguration then 98% of the population aren't going to understand. Noone's interested in the root cause analysis and the steps to required to reproduce the error.

1604928584633.png

Software? Are you kidding?

Have you heard people talk about the voting machines in US elections? The only software they have is some sort of punch card. In a lot of places these machines are ancient, truly ancient. Unless you are well over 50 you would never have seen a machine with chads, hanging or otherwise, except in a museum.

In any case, if you really want to rig a lot of votes in a hurry, get people to vote on a computer. Paper ballots are much harder to rig in bulk.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Missed it by that much. Pfizer comes out the week after the election with the "vaccine". Watch the conspiracy theories fly.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Joe has set the tone.

Its time for science. Time for credible verifiable information, from a consensus of those with unquestionable credentials, those from reputable organisations.

Credible evidence and evaluation has been evolving for centuries. We have the most powerful tool ever for finding it. Dosn't take to long to seperate misinformation from the lunatic fringe. Ignore the fog horns. They lead to self-serving information. Agenda based organisations can find alternative facts from "experts" that have no systematic review.

Systematic review of clinical evidence collaborate "opinions" to convince practitioners of a current consensus. This is an ongoing evolution that is continually researched and reviewed to form the most reliable information available at this moment in time.

Joe's speech was one of the better ones I've heard. And agree with the above.

But why do they all keep referencing god? Biden has done it himself. The church is the largest agenda based organisation in the world. But I'm yet to hear politicians call it out as such.

Reactions: 2 users
This came up on the BBC tonight. Irrelevant but interesting nonetheless.

Attachments

• 5701E2C2-47FB-4A9C-B236-C658BC1C61B9.jpeg
    5701E2C2-47FB-4A9C-B236-C658BC1C61B9.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Joe's speech was one of the better ones I've heard. And agree with the above.

But why do they all keep referencing god? Biden has done it himself. The church is the largest agenda based organisation in the world. But I'm yet to hear politicians call it out as such.

You always have to remind yourself just how secular Australia is and how religious the USA is. Add to that, part of the founding story of the USA is people fleeing religious persecution in Europe and you have a country where religion is very important.

I remember reading an article some years ago about atheists in the USA, some groups even held meetings on a Sunday morning so they have a good excuse not to be seen at church. They just say they have their own group they attend on a Sunday and don't mention it is an atheist group.

Just as an aside, I figure Biden would be the second ever Catholic Pres of the USA after Kennedy. All other Presidents have been Protestant of one type or another.

DS

Just as an aside, I figure Biden would be the second ever Catholic Pres of the USA after Kennedy. All other Presidents have been Protestant of one type or another.

Apparently that's right @DavidSSS ....but the really strange thing is ...... and I have NFI how they measure this.... I was listening to some analyst say that Trump got 50% of the micks to Biden's 49%