U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Long twitter thread analysing Trump's speech before the riot. One thing that stood out, Trump was exhorting military, police and security to join them, to those saying this wasn't a coup its abundantly clear that it was an attempt, oh and he also threatened Pence:

As has been pointed out by others, if right wing militia types are barred from American Police forces, there probably won't be any American Police forces.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
As has been pointed out by others, if right wing militia types are barred from American Police forces, there probably won't be any American Police forces.

Hehehe yeah. I think its better if people of these types are in the military/police where they have an outlet and some sort of command structure to keep them in check... of course, if they start actually running the police that's a problem too.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Even though Lee fears the extinction of humanity, turns out that this allegation the Pelosi is enforcing a gender-neutral holocaust up on us is "mostly false". It applied only to one document, the House Rules and wouldn't affect the right of members to use gender specific language in legislation, speeches and so on.

Turns out this allegation and its exaggeration originated from the well-known nutbag and felon, Dinesh D'Souza. The same felon that Trump pardoned.

Phew. Saved from global extinction from another day.

I called my sister my sibling the other day and her uterus fell out.

This could have got really out of hand.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's not climate change, nuclear proliferation, water and food shortages or even a meteor that will see us out. No. It's pronouns.

That Seth Abramson thread damns Trump for the wannabe fascist dictator he is. He should have his head chopped off at the Superbowl.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
. He should have his head chopped off at the Superbowl.

I swear I read that after a mouthful of richmond premiership draught,

and some came out my nose.

im still laughing

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
  • Haha

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Maybe we need more of these types in Canberra to keep other members of Parliament on their toes... I can see Jacqui Lambie and that nut job Hanson locked n loaded. Certainly liven up question time!

One thing is sure about America. .... you can't make this *smile* up!

I googled her. She owns a restaurant called Shooters Grill, where staff are encoraged to openly carry firearms, and it gets better, the name of the town is Rifle. You seriously cannot make this *smile* up.

• Haha

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Maybe we need more of these types in Canberra to keep other members of Parliament on their toes... I can see Jacqui Lambie and that nut job Hanson locked n loaded. Certainly liven up question time!

Well then. Seeing as they love their 2nd Amendment and “the right to bear arms”. I think anti gun legislators are looking at it the wrong way.
They should prohibit the sale of all ammunition (Apart from law enforcement etc).

They can criminalise all private stocks of ammunition. Together with a amnesty/moratorium of handing back ammunition. With maybe a buy back scheme.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I googled her. She owns a restaurant called Shooters Grill, where staff are encoraged to openly carry firearms, and it gets better, the name of the town is Rifle. You seriously cannot make this *smile* up.

like I said, its like America is reading off a Kurt Vonnegut script.

I actually think Lauren is on to some fantastic policy here regarding an amendment to the 2nd amendment.

2.1 Any adult 100 pounds or under may carry a loaded bazooka in public if they wish. Any citizen over 101 pounds may not bear so much as a spud gun.

with a stroke of a pen, she either disarms America, or solves their obesity crisis.

either that or The Jockeys Assoc. becomes a very influential outfit?

wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
For the record, she didn't bring her Glock to Congress.
Yeah... but I think she was gonna try and have something legislated to do so:rolleyes:
With her and a couple of Q Anon dudes getting elected..... it's onwards and upwards for the yanks!:confused:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Agree with some of that but WTF did Stan think was going to happen after 9/11? It wouldn't have mattered who the president was, the troops were going in. Dotting the i's and crossing the t's for show didn't matter.

Ok Lee, serious question:

September 11 was perpetrated by a non-state actor in Al Qaeda.

Now, although Osama was in Pakistan as it turned out, the links to the Taliban regime in Afghanistan were clearly there and the Taliban were sheltering Al Qaeda. Everyone knew that Al Qaeda was in Afghanistan (especially the Americans who armed them). So, the invasion of Afghanistan at least had a case, whether you agree with that case or not, there was at least a case made which had some substance.

But Iraq? Where was the Al Qaeda connection with their government, where is the connection between September 11 and the Iraq government to justify the invasion?

Even though Lee fears the extinction of humanity, turns out that this allegation the Pelosi is enforcing a gender-neutral holocaust up on us is "mostly false". It applied only to one document, the House Rules and wouldn't affect the right of members to use gender specific language in legislation, speeches and so on.

Turns out this allegation and its exaggeration originated from the well-known nutbag and felon, Dinesh D'Souza. The same felon that Trump pardoned.

You mean, The Australian was repeating s*** that was just made up? Who'd have thought?

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
But Iraq? Where was the Al Qaeda connection with their government, where is the connection between September 11 and the Iraq government to justify the invasion?
Afghanistan is a graveyard for invading forces. Iraq was an accessible starting point and toppling Saddam was an important objective towards Middle East stability.

Cue the tears for poor old Saddam who was put to death by the Iraqi people...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
On impeachment, seems like a bit a waste of time given we have only ten days of BLOATUS left, and I don't want him to kick off a nuclear conflict because his poor ego is hurt.

I have read that impeachment can happen even after he's left office. The supermajority requirement means they would need at least 17 republicans to cross the floor, still unlikely.

On the other hand even having the second impeachment process would put Trump into rare air - no-one's ever been impeached twice in US history.

Gonna be a fun last ten days of this buffoon's time in the sun.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Afghanistan is a graveyard for invading forces. Iraq was an accessible starting point and toppling Saddam was an important objective towards Middle East stability.

Cue the tears for poor old Saddam who was put to death by the Iraqi people...

Accessible starting point... good one. The small and friendly nation of Iran lies in between Iraq and Afghanistan.

There really is no wackadoodle justification you won't use, honestly bro.

For those who aren't totally polemical in their thinking, this 5 part doco from the Beeb is outstanding, but harrowing. The Iraq invasion, insurgency, the taking of Fallujah (including stories from an Aussie photojournalist who was embedded with US troops), Sadam's capture and trial and the legacy of ISIS told by Iraqi civilians, US soldiers, former insurgents etc. Hard to watch but worthwhile.