U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

He was taking it away from where the leftist elite are going. That's 100% of the reason for my support.

You'll be sorry.
Labels, labels and more labels that’s all so many have these days. They mean nothing, there is no “leftist elite”,it doesn’t exist anywhere except in the imagination of you and others who think like you.
I have no doubt whatsoever that the world will be a better place with Trump gone from being President. Zero doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
there is no “leftist elite” ,it doesn’t exist anywhere except in the imagination of you

it possibly sort of exists in Govindas, when the conversation hits a sweet spot during the date halva, occasionally?

Reactions: 1 user
I think Stan Grant has provided a very balanced, consistent and considered commentary throughout Trumps presidency.

I think this is good analysis

Nah its just Grant indulging in his both sides rhetoric, acting like what Trump has done is comparable to previous presidents.

You know its peak Lee time when he rants about holding us accountable for the extinction of the human race.

Nah its just Grant indulging in his both sides rhetoric, acting like what Trump has done is comparable to previous presidents.

I disagree.

ive listened to Stan on Trump closely since election day,

and his message as I interpret it has been consistently

trump is a psycho without precedent, unfit for office, but he is a symptom of America, not a cause

and I think as well as being a sophisticated analysis, its a more optimistic view

which I guess is why I like it?

I hear what you are saying, but I reckon if you drew a spectrum of damaging personality disordered leadership line on a blackboard 0 to 10, and pressed Stan to place Trump, Bush, Clintons etc on it,

He would firmly put Trump at 10, Bush at 6 and Clinton at 4

Still, I completely understand your criticism

You know its peak Lee time when he rants about holding us accountable for the extinction of the human race.

maybe he reasons that it is a race? to oblivion

non-binary gendered V big coal?

I dunno?

I cant ever recall him backing a winner, back in the days when I read his stuff.

if thats any form guide?

Last edited:
He was taking it away from where the leftist elite are going. That's 100% of the reason for my support.

You'll be sorry.
Yes, the world was fortunate to have an everyday man, who has lived his life in the 'real world' as the leader of the US. I really could see Donald shutting in the outer with us in the rain at the G.
In fact i reckon i saw him on the train a few years back, i think we were playing the Saints.

• Haha
Long twitter thread analysing Trump's speech before the riot. One thing that stood out, Trump was exhorting military, police and security to join them, to those saying this wasn't a coup its abundantly clear that it was an attempt, oh and he also threatened Pence:

No, but they can be pardoned for any federal crimes that may turn up - Ford granted Nixon a blanket pardon like this. Dodgy but they did it. Some people think he could pardon himself like this, never been done but so what, it's Trump. One option is to resign and get Pence to pardon him - Pence seems to be an unreliable ally for Trump now though. Will be interesting to see if Trump pardons his kids in advance too.

His real problem is state level crimes - rape, tax evasion, fraud. This applies to the Trump children as well - they could get caught up in tax/fraud cases.

They don't need rape / tax evasion or fraud. His speech on Wednesday whether you think it referred to a coup or not, the minimum it would lead to (and I'd think they have a pretty good chance at a conviction) is incitement to riot. With the damage that was caused etc and the loss of life, the District of Columbia can send him to prison for 10 years which potentially would be for the rest of his life. His supporters would treat this as an attack on them, but they just cannot let the actions of Wednesday go unpunished. Rudy should also be charged with the same crime IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
You know, some could argue that Trump actually delivered what he promised.

He's ensured that the current Trump fuelled racist QAnon believing GOP lost the White House, House and Congress.

That's a massive step towards Making America Great Again.

They don't need rape / tax evasion or fraud. His speech on Wednesday whether you think it referred to a coup or not, the minimum it would lead to (and I'd think they have a pretty good chance at a conviction) is incitement to riot. With the damage that was caused etc and the loss of life, the District of Columbia can send him to prison for 10 years which potentially would be for the rest of his life. His supporters would treat this as an attack on them, but they just cannot let the actions of Wednesday go unpunished. Rudy should also be charged with the same crime IMO.

It seems in the US that when it's too hard to convict organised crime heads of the crimes they truly commit, they bring in Tax Evasion to put them away. It's probably the easiest charge to get a conviction on.

my first reaction was to laugh, sure.

But when I reflect on it, I find it tragic.

born pretty dumb, never having much joy in life, disaffected and disenfranchised,

then die bizarrely, stupidly, under instruction from a horrible psychopath
everyday life is the path eZy , for better or worse ...

Maybe they don't, but those cases are already well advanced in terms of investigations. They should prosecute on all these cases if there is enough to prosecute on.

early in Trumps presidency (I could go back and find it, but cant be stuffed),

I dreamed of seeing him dishevelled and defeated, emerging from a drain, in hand-cuffs,

in the manner of Saddam Hussein.

After succumbing to his delusions, and the subsequent spectacular failure of his incumbent-coup attempt,

I believe this is a distinct possibility.

I reckon he is completely untethered from reality, is at the absolute bottom of the barrel in available advice,

and will run.

and my dream will come true.

any pity or compassion I feel for his supporters,

does not apply to Trump, his family and his allies.

there is a kind of version of the statute of limitations for compassion.

Reactions: 1 users
Even though Lee fears the extinction of humanity, turns out that this allegation the Pelosi is enforcing a gender-neutral holocaust up on us is "mostly false". It applied only to one document, the House Rules and wouldn't affect the right of members to use gender specific language in legislation, speeches and so on.

Turns out this allegation and its exaggeration originated from the well-known nutbag and felon, Dinesh D'Souza. The same felon that Trump pardoned.

Turns out this allegation and its exaggeration originated from the well-known nutbag and felon, Dinesh D'Souza. The same felon that Trump pardoned.

dont let truth get in the way of a good polarisation though.

although the demise of truth is greatly exaggerated.

on demises, credible stories (family testimonials) of the coup participants emerging.

if the dead are a representative sample (n=4),

then Trump has really managed to mobilise those with serious mental health challenges,

be it PTSD, or more endogenous stuff.

we've said rhetorically all along the white power and QNON etc are a batshit crazy mob,

but the stories of the dead paint a pretty sad picture of the mental health of Trumps supporters contributing significantly to their alienation and disempowerment.

Harvesting people from the fringes of society with lies is unfortunately not a new technique in the farming of power.

but it reiterates the importance of a healthy civil society looking after its most vulnerable members though.

we should wrap our arms around Trump supporters as we do any other vulnerable minority.

* we should also turn our morbid fascination energy closer to home, and agitate to get cynical crazy power harvesters out of our parliament - Craig Kelly and George Christenson want truth dead