U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Relief that people will have something else to whinge about other than Trump.

Trump's inauguration speech said something, aspired to something. Biden wanted us to lose interest so he can go back to sleep. Meanwhile the swamp will be re-filling...
You're saying trump's associates are coming back after their pardons? They were more of a lagoon than a swamp.

Trump's inauguration speech was frightening. He painted a very bleak picture of America. Certainly by the end of his term he'd dragged the country down to that vision. To be fair the undercurrent of division was there before trump. He rode the wave and used it as his instrument. Hopefully Biden can do something to recognise the other side and bring them to the table. He's certainly got a tough gig with the unsubstantiated election fraud claims and quality of republican representation.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You're saying trump's associates are coming back after their pardons? They were more of a lagoon than a swamp.

Trump's inauguration speech was frightening. He painted a very bleak picture of America. Certainly by the end of his term he'd dragged the country down to that vision. To be fair the undercurrent of division was there before trump. He rode the wave and used it as his instrument. Hopefully Biden can do something to recognise the other side and bring them to the table. He's certainly got a tough gig with the unsubstantiated election fraud claims and quality of republican representation.
Trump told everyone what he was going to do, and attempted to do it. His epitaph should read: "He tried."

Enjoy the fruits of your barracking.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

Trump's inauguration speech said something, aspired to something. Biden wanted us to lose interest so he can go back to sleep. Meanwhile the swamp will be re-filling...
Sorry lee. I generally agree with a lot of what you say but differ markedly on trump. The swamp was never emptied, just topped up with trumps toads.
I don’t know if Biden will be any good as president but I doubt very much he will be as divisive as trump was

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Trump definitely didn't drain the swamp. He made significant sums of money out of being president and utilising his own assets for presidential visits etc. He didn't drain it, he pumped more into the swamp.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Yeah pretty happy his gone . Rumor is he starting his own political party.. but a big part of his legacy is that we don't know if what we read is real or fake .. yep a world of confusion .

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Interesting to see if Biden gives the immigrants waiting at the borders a red carpet welcome.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Nah - never thought he was the bogeyman the media portrayed him to be.

If anything I can see things flaring up in the middle east now with the US to begin meddling again.
Do you actually believe they haven’t been meddling in the Middle East for the last 4 years ?
What about the assassination of the Iranian general Solemeini, the transfer of the US embassy to Jerusalem and the abandonment of the 2 state solution, the support to the Turks to invade northern Syria to attack the Kurds ..the list goes on. Different type of meddling rather than the “export of democracy” of the past but meddling nonetheless

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
this quote is kind of sublime

(Context: posted on facebook?, reported by The Guardian, with reference to Qanon's day of reckoning - Inauguration Day - didnt happen. Trump didnt rise up and execute all the pedophiles holding kids in tunnels)

“I feel like I’m losing my mind, I don’t know what to believe anymore.”

Sept 30, 2017 aside, have any prophesied days of reckoning ever happened?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

The only thing I remember about his inauguration was the size of the crowd..so much smaller than Obama’s

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Reliable in not swallowing the left orthodoxy that permeates this board.

As Goebbels once said "I reach for my gun when I hear the word orthodoxy". Or something like that.

Good to see you posting though Blofeld, welcome aboard.

Reactions: 1 user

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
I thought Trump as an outsider was worth a try. I liked a lot of his policies but unfortunately at the end of the day he simply was not presidential material. He failed utterly at a leader during COVID and what has happened since he lost the election has been a disgrace.

I think Biden will be a surer hand as a president in terms of Australia’s interests. Far more supportive of alliance’s & trade agreements. Hopefully he will be a president for all rather than just those that voted him in. On the flip side he will be lucky to see out one term due to his advanced age and he is definitely part of the swamp.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Trump definitely didn't drain the swamp. He made significant sums of money out of being president and utilising his own assets for presidential visits etc. He didn't drain it, he pumped more into the swamp.

the use of that phrase, along with "fake news" really shows how gullible Trumps supporters have been.