U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep. He’ll be found guilty but won’t spend a second in prison. If he does get ordered to prison, he’ll keep appealing until a republican president pardons him. I think the trail is being heard by a trump appointed judge and I believe she interfered with a previous case involving trump

yes, she's the judge who screwed up in the Special Master Trump doc stuff, DoJ appealed and the circuit court snacked her over the head and reversed her ruling.

Same thing could happen here.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Just on judges, why the f don't the Dems increase the Supreme Court bench (they can) to mitigate some of the democratic vandalism the Republicans wrought by stacking it with hard right morons like Kegger Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Under His Eye Barrett? You can't play nice with cheats.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just on judges, why the f don't the Dems increase the Supreme Court bench (they can) to mitigate some of the democratic vandalism the Republicans wrought by stacking it with hard right morons like Kegger Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Under His Eye Barrett? You can't play nice with cheats.

It is a judgement call, but I figure the Dems would be thinking that if they expand the bench then the Republicans will do the same when they get the chance. Plus, there is no certainty they could get their choices for the Supreme Court bench through the Senate where you need, I think, 60 votes to confirm a judge.

The Dems need to play harder. They were denied a Supreme Court judge when Obama was Pres on the grounds it was an election year (early in an election year) and the next Pres should choose, yet the next Pres got to choose one within a couple of months of the election. The Republicans quite a while ago decided to just rort the rules any way they can to get their way and the Dems need to get more ruthless.

On a side note, the Dems need to do something about getting control of more state legislatures. They might have to try and pick them off one by one but the gerrymandering and voter suppression is out of control in so many states, and states have a lot of power in the USA. The place is in a real mess because one of their major parties has decided to just screw up the system any way they can. It won't end well.

If Trump ends up up of the race or out of contention for the Republican nomination then De Santis will probably get the gig. He is certifiable: bans books, rewrites history, all sorts of craziness. Make no mistake De Santis is probably more dangerous than Trump, Trump is an incompetent nacissistic buffoon, De Santis is way more competent and will do more damage if given the chance.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Dems need to play harder.
This. The Left (not that the Dems are really the Left) tries to play too nice. There's no points for being nice to psychopathic bullies who want war for profit, martial law oppression of dissent, minorities and women's rights and greedy destruction of a habitable planet. Steel caps on, aim for the ribs, the balls and the temple. All the marbles are on the line. Stomp the *smile*.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
all this is true.

Interesting that we now have 10 republican nominations for pres. Normally this would favour Trump as it dilutes support/momentum for the second placed guy, but you just get the feeling that maybe some of them are jumping in as Trump might be out of the race before November next year.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
This. The Left (not that the Dems are really the Left) tries to play too nice. There's no points for being nice to psychopathic bullies who want war for profit, martial law oppression of dissent, minorities and women's rights and greedy destruction of a habitable planet. Steel caps on, aim for the ribs, the balls and the temple. All the marbles are on the line. Stomp the *smile*.

The Dems are hanging on to how the system was designed to work. The clear separation of powers there means that for the system to work there has to be some cooperation. The Republicans are trying to trash the system, partly ideological and partly because the demographics are such that their traditional supporter base will no longer get them into office.

It isn't an easy choice, but I reckon the Dems need to play harder because the Republicans show no sign they will back down from their deliberate obstructionism.

DS

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
F Me, that is serious stuff. If they can prove it Trump is cooked.

DS
The thing I can’t understand is why?

I get the most sinister reason, to sell them, but surely not even Drumpf is that reckless. What else is there? Is he hiding something that is in the documents ? Hubris?

I don’t get it

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I don't think DeSantis is a level of normality at all, he is a deadset loony tune

What I meant was that if Trump stays in the race then it could well be Trump vs DeSantis but if Trump is out there may be a spot for someone who is at least partially sensible and normal to run against him.

Agreed DeSantis is at least as bad as Trump if not worse. The direct attacks he's positioned with Disney (IMO to get his name out there in the media rather than this being an actual political position) purely because they had the audacity to speak out about the abortion laws he was changing (Florida now bans abortions after 6 weeks when a lot of women probably don't even know they are pregnant), just shows how juvenile and how he follows the same mantra of Trump,when you are questioned, you attack, attack, attack.

Of all of the nominations I think Tim Scott comes across as the best option personally. Well funded so should be able to use campaign finances to get his name out there across the entire country. He certainly doesn't appeal to the loud MAGA brigade but would bring the Repbulicans back in from as far right as they have become under Trump. He would appeal to the black republicans to come out and vote also, which may be attractive to the republicans, though I think he will more likely become a running buddy for someone else with the idea that he would become vice president.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Agreed DeSantis is at least as bad as Trump if not worse. The direct attacks he's positioned with Disney (IMO to get his name out there in the media rather than this being an actual political position) purely because they had the audacity to speak out about the abortion laws he was changing (Florida now bans abortions after 6 weeks when a lot of women probably don't even know they are pregnant), just shows how juvenile and how he follows the same mantra of Trump,when you are questioned, you attack, attack, attack.

Of all of the nominations I think Tim Scott comes across as the best option personally. Well funded so should be able to use campaign finances to get his name out there across the entire country. He certainly doesn't appeal to the loud MAGA brigade but would bring the Repbulicans back in from as far right as they have become under Trump. He would appeal to the black republicans to come out and vote also, which may be attractive to the republicans, though I think he will more likely become a running buddy for someone else with the idea that he would become vice president.
I think there is merit in the "anyone but Trump" camp, cos, from a far, i dont think any of the others, DeSantis included, have the same disciple level of following Trump has. If Trumps call civil war it would happen, not sure enough right wing nutters would listen others saying the same thing.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

I get the most sinister reason, to sell them, but surely not even Drumpf is that reckless. What else is there? Is he hiding something that is in the documents ? Hubris?

I don’t get it
I reckon there is a fair chance it is just arrogance and stupidity. Trump doesnt think laws apply, so why not have the important documents somewhere where he can kicking back in comfort while his lackies read them. Washington is boring.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I reckon there is a fair chance it is just arrogance and stupidity. Trump doesnt think laws apply, so why not have the important documents somewhere where he can kicking back in comfort while his lackies read them. Washington is boring.

That's it. He just doesn't think normal rules and protocols apply to him, he loves bignoting himself and waving these documents around in front of guests. He may have had vague ideas about somehow monetising them. He's incredibly lazy, stupid and arrogant and thinks his lawyers can just magically wave these problems away.

I do have genuine questions around the Saudi $2B payment to Kushner around the time that Kashoggi got wacked and shortly afterwards a whole bunch of CIA/military undercover agents in Saudi Arabia and other places had their cover blown and were executed, a lot of them.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

I don’t get it

I'd put it down to narcissistic arrogance, he has the documents, he can brag about having the documents.

Plus what Ant said.

DS

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I do have genuine questions around the Saudi $2B payment to Kushner around the time that Kashoggi got wacked and shortly afterwards a whole bunch of CIA/military undercover agents in Saudi Arabia and other places had their cover blown and were executed, a lot of them.
Kushner practices an extreme form of modern hasidic orthodox Judaism (Chabad Lubavitch) and obviously has very strong ties to Israel (see Abraham Accords).

"NSO sold Pegasus to Saudi Arabia in 2017. The kingdom used the spyware as part of a ruthless campaign to crush dissent inside the kingdom and to hunt down Saudi dissidents abroad. It is not publicly known whether Saudi Arabia used Pegasus or other Israeli-made spyware in the plot to kill Mr. Khashoggi."

Last edited: