U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That isn't some sort of alternative woke, what it is, is what the right have done for hundreds of years, old fashioned book banning. Next they'll start burning them on bonfires.

Woke is about respect for others, for people who have been disadvantaged for one reason or another.

Book banning is all about limiting the ideas people have access to, controlling their information.

There is no comparison.

DS
That’s not the comparison I am making David

The conservative forces use the term woke to create a view that there is a group of people trying to impose a view of the world on us all. In their minds the “left” are behind this view.

Yet they do the same thing they accuse others of, imposing their view of the world on a society of people.

Apart from being disgusting and almost evil for the reasons you mentioned, it is hypocrisy at its finest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not just books. Movies too.

Religious fundamentalists at it again. They are happy to preach that we should accept everyone for their imperfections, and then assume that just because a discussion (and this wasn't even a discussion) around sexual orientation might "turn" students, yet again shows their profound misunderstanding of what makes people attracted to people of the same sex. Its not a learned behaviour.

Religious fundamentalist theory is - we believe everyone should be able to believe in what they want.............................................................................unless it disagrees with what we believe.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Haven’t read the detail, but even the right wing media channels are saying the Big Rotten Pumpkin is in massive trouble with this indictment regarding all these highly classified files. Even two key people from his legal team have quit.

Put him in jail where he belongs.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
potential espionage, sharing classified data with foreign powers.

Its totally what the orange man would absolutely do

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Haven’t read the detail, but even the right wing media channels are saying the Big Rotten Pumpkin is in massive trouble with this indictment regarding all these highly classified files. Even two key people from his legal team have quit.

Put him in jail where he belongs.
Evidently very few republican leaders (if that is the correct term) are coming out in support of him. I think we are about to see some jump off a sinking ship ….

One of the other advantages of trump being out of the presidential race would be the opportunity to have someone run against DeSantis who has at least some level of normality.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Evidently very few republican leaders (if that is the correct term) are coming out in support of him. I think we are about to see some jump off a sinking ship ….

One of the other advantages of trump being out of the presidential race would be the opportunity to have someone run against DeSantis who has at least some level of normality.

Some level of normality is probably a good way to describe DeSanctimonious relative to Trump, but in Australian terms he is far far to the right even of someone like Dutton.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What Trump always does. Find a way to make money from them. he doesn't do anything unless there's money in it for him.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The documents stuff is just ridiculous. He would have had a large staff of people telling him not to take them home and an equally large staff willing to go through them to sort what needs to be put in safe keeping.

I don't think he thought about it at all, just arrogantly took them home because, you know, he's Trump and he's the Pres.

One of his worst statements recently has been about how this should never happen to a former President. It shows that he truly believes that the rich and famous, and those who have held high office, should not be subject to the same laws as the rest of the population. He's mostly correct, they generally aren't subject to the same laws as the rest of us, but that's not the way this system is supposed to run.

DS

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
So, what exactly was he intending to do with these super highly classified documents ?
Didn’t he declassify them by just thinking about declassifying them with his Jedi mind power?

The prosecutors best asset is trump himself. The more he opens his mouth, the more he incriminates himself. He is that stupid and narcissistic that he doesn’t think laws that the rest of the population has to adhere to doesn’t apply to him

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Trump belongs in prison but I'll believe it when I see it. There'll be bloodshed in the streets, he'll call for a revolution and enough loonies will do whatever he says.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Some level of normality is probably a good way to describe DeSanctimonious relative to Trump, but in Australian terms he is far far to the right even of someone like Dutton.
I don't think DeSantis is a level of normality at all, he is a deadset loony tune

What I meant was that if Trump stays in the race then it could well be Trump vs DeSantis but if Trump is out there may be a spot for someone who is at least partially sensible and normal to run against him.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I don't think DeSantis is a level of normality at all, he is a deadset loony tune

What I meant was that if Trump stays in the race then it could well be Trump vs DeSantis but if Trump is out there may be a spot for someone who is at least partially sensible and normal to run against him.
ok got it! The Republicans are really dominated by MAGA nutjobs these days but there might still be a few.

The indictment looks really, really bad for Trump.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Trump belongs in prison but I'll believe it when I see it. There'll be bloodshed in the streets, he'll call for a revolution and enough loonies will do whatever he says.
Yep. He’ll be found guilty but won’t spend a second in prison. If he does get ordered to prison, he’ll keep appealing until a republican president pardons him. I think the trial is being heard by a trump appointed judge and I believe she interfered with a previous case involving trump

Last edited:
  • Angry