U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It will be interesting to see how things pan out at the election. The Trump trade war with China has hurt farmers and manufacturing.
The coronavirus won't be helping either, but it might give Trump the excuse that he needs.
One thing is for sure, there will be plenty of lies and spin, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be an important criteria anymore.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We'll see but I see it very differently to you, but you do seem hardcore left which is why you favour Bernie. I don't think he can win, Bloomberg can and he definitely is not the same as Trump regardless what Warren and the other Dem candidates want you to believe.

Why did they call come out and attack him in his 1st debate? Because they are threatened by him, that's why.
I'm left, sure, but I also believe in fostering entrepreneurship, unlike the right, which these days just exists to prop up established wealth and power.

I don't favour Bernie because I'm left, I favour him because I believe his policies are needed and will achieve good.

All bluff. If he has even half a brain (I think he does have half a brain) he wants anyone but Bernie.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
All bluff. If he has even half a brain (I think he does have half a brain) he wants anyone but Bernie.

The core of the Democrats doesn't want Bernie. They may even sabotage him and wait until 2024.

Trump has the old guy well and truly covered.

James Carville Says People Who Think Bernie Will Beat Trump Are as Stupid as Climate Deniers
Longtime Democratic strategist James Carville warned that nominating Bernie Sanders to face President Donald Trump in the general election would be political suicide in an appearance on MSNBC Saturday.

“The entire theory that by expanding the electorate, increasing turnouts, you can win elections, is the equivalent of climate denying. When people say that, they are as stupid to a political scientist as a climate denier is to an atmospheric scientist,” he said.

“If you’re voting for him because you think he’ll win the election, because he’ll galvanize heretofore sleepy parts of an electorate, then politically, you’re a fool. And that’s just a fact."

Last edited:

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
i'm surprised at how few people on here actually understand the sentiment amongst voters in the USA.

Trump will get in on a landslide.

The problem with the current batch of Democrats is that they believe that more than 50% of voters are orange haired lesbians, They are so far out of reality with the last election loss, that they are trying to rip down half the constitution, including the electoral college system. They are so hungry for power they will do anything for it.

The second amendment was designed for exactly the type of government that this troppo lot would form.

California is one of the most left states in the union and it is a total economic basket case. It is very similar to Victoria in regard to bush fires as well. No cold fire burns, and then they wonder why they have wild fires.

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
California is one of the most left states in the union and it is a total economic basket case. It is very similar to Victoria in regard to bush fires as well. No cold fire burns, and then they wonder why they have wild fires.
yes, NSW are lucky they voted the Libs in and as a result didnt experience devastating fires like Victoria.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sanders would need to do some pretty astounding campaigning, and get a lot of voters out who won't come out normally, to have a chance.

But, in Feb 2016 nobody gave Trump much of a chance.

We'll see, if the economy tanks Sanders' message will start to look interesting.

Sanders looks like he will lose if he is the nominee but we are 9 months away now.

DS

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
It will be interesting to see how things pan out at the election. The Trump trade war with China has hurt farmers and manufacturing.
The coronavirus won't be helping either, but it might give Trump the excuse that he needs.
One thing is for sure, there will be plenty of lies and spin, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be an important criteria anymore.
Yeah true as tigerman, good call.
Absolutely nothing "Trumps" a trade war, apart from a real war with dead people everywhere to make a trade war seem unimportant.
Excuses as far as the eye can see.......if Trump wins again will the far Aussie left STFU and accept that the rest of the world are not as advanced as them?

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Sanders is ahead of Trump in the polls and has shown he does get large numbers of voters out. The establishment Dems like Carville, who are to the Republicans what the pigs were to the men at the end of Animal Farm, keep saying he can't win, and he keeps winning.

Trump fans better hope his meth dealer maintains the balance juuust right. It's a fine line between warding off his dementia and giving the fat *smile* a stroke.

Tell, you what, @HR if Trump wins (despite getting literally millions fewer votes than his opponent), come to a C&C, I'll buy you a beer and you can tell me to STFU in person.

• Haha

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
i'm surprised at how few people on here actually understand the sentiment amongst voters in the USA.

Trump will get in on a landslide.

The problem with the current batch of Democrats is that they believe that more than 50% of voters are orange haired lesbians, They are so far out of reality with the last election loss, that they are trying to rip down half the constitution, including the electoral college system. They are so hungry for power they will do anything for it.

The second amendment was designed for exactly the type of government that this troppo lot would form.

Frickenel this is gold, not PC but farkin funny.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Trump fans better hope his meth dealer maintains the balance juuust right. It's a fine line between warding off his dementia and giving the fat **** a stroke.

Reckon Bernie has more chance of not making it to election day than he does of winning.

R.I.P. Bernie.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Sanders is ahead of Trump in the polls and has shown he does get large numbers of voters out. The establishment Dems like Carville, who are to the Republicans what the pigs were to the men at the end of Animal Farm, keep saying he can't win, and he keeps winning.

Trump fans better hope his meth dealer maintains the balance juuust right. It's a fine line between warding off his dementia and giving the fat **** a stroke.

Tell, you what, @HR if Trump wins (despite getting literally millions fewer votes than his opponent), come to a C&C, I'll buy you a beer and you can tell me to STFU in person.
Well Spook, i accept your offer regardless of who wins the yankee election. I welcome the invite to have a beer with you because i am in this life for humanity, not gratitude on winning or losing.
JFYI I also have never had a problem suggesting an adversary or a mate to STFU when having a beer with them when they were talking *smile*.
Hey it should be fun. Come see me up North, North West i wont be in inner city Melbourne for a while.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013

Please enlighten me Spook, C&C?
Google gives soooooo many options im not sure what the initial intent was.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Well Spook, i accept your offer regardless of who wins the yankee election. I welcome the invite to have a beer with you because i am in this life for humanity, not gratitude on winning or losing.
JFYI I also have never had a problem suggesting an adversary or a mate to STFU when having a beer with them when they were talking ****.
Hey it should be fun. Come see me up North, North West i wont be in inner city Melbourne for a while.
Likewise, friend.

North, North West? Mildura area?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Please enlighten me Spook, C&C?
Google gives soooooo many options im not sure what the initial intent was.
Cognac and Caviar. PRE get-togethers, usually at the London. There's a thread on it.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
yes, NSW are lucky they voted the Libs in and as a result didnt experience devastating fires like Victoria.
Here is a thought......
Maybe the sitting parliment has *smile* all influence on bushfires. Just thinking out loud.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Cognac and Caviar. PRE get-togethers, usually at the London. There's a thread on it.
Next time im back i will make an effort to get there, or to one.
Thanks too Spook, as the google results were certainly friendly sounding but not my cup of tea.